Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Melee Diversity + Radial Disarm.

Lactamid

So there are a ton of weapons in Warframe, quite a few of them belonging in the melee section. Wouldn't it be more interesting if enemies had varried melee weapons?

Right now if you pop radial disarm you make enemies take out some glow-stick which afaik isn't even in game?

What if for example:

Lancers used: Sheevs
Elite Lancers used: Machetes
Commanders used: some new sword, like the comming rapier but a Grineer version.
Bombards used: Jat Kittag

Evicerators used: Ripkas

And so on, + adding some new moves and AI to them to make them feel a bit different. Some could be promted to throw their grenades too. It might seem like a minor thing, but seeing how many people use RD every day, and that there is weapons that also steal enemy weapons it would be pretty cool + add alot of flavour to the units.
With augment development being what it has been I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more "remove weapon"-type skills in the future either.

Agreed. Maybe it would make using Radial Disarm not one big cheddar cheese fest.

Now we'd have some smoked gouda, a little bleu, some brie, maybe a touch of parmesan reggiano, and a splattering of horseradish themed hard cheeses.

Yes please.

It's quite frustrating to see Tenno using more Grineer weapons than the Grineer themselves.

That too xD

While it probably is alot of work to implement it feels like it's worth it.

Agreed. Maybe it would make using Radial Disarm not one big cheddar cheese fest.

Now we'd have some smoked gouda, a little bleu, some brie, maybe a touch of parmesan reggiano, and a splattering of horseradish themed hard cheeses.

Excatly, wether I'm sneaking in with my Dragon cheeseknife or throwing a lightning modded cracker prime I want some flavour when it hits.

If enemies have a bit of variation on the weapon and AI-side perhaps it would be a few more things to think of as well. The electroprod or what ever it is just has one type of attack. If a heavy unit has a heavy melee weapon perhaps they can still use things like groundslam or some grab and hold that you'd have to fight off etc.

If you really want to push it some could run off to some locker and pick up a new weapon, or have a secondary, pick up a weapon from a dead ally of fight you for yours. (Trollwarning!)