Was The Spawn Rate Dumbed Down A Bit Too Much? (Not Sure If It Applies To Raids)

styxonfire

I was testing out how good Frost's Snow Globe in U17 via T4D solo with essentially a max efficiency and maxing out as much power strength, since Frost's Snow Globe no longer scales with duration. Much to my surprise, I had to hit wave 40 to really see how effective it is.

Videos:

U17

Okay, given I had a Tonkor and a Vaykor Marelok, I could've done this with different weapons.

U16 before Ash Prime came (if I remember correctly)

I had a rather optimal setup to get rid of Vor. I have tried to run T4D solo with the same weapon setup (except that I didn't have Seeker on my Vaykor Marelok back then) I used in my Frost Snow Globe U17 test, but it just wouldn't work out since I had to deal with Nullifiers spawning much more often than now, and it was hard to deal with. I couldn't make it to 20 at all back then.

Am I the only one who misses the cesspool of mobs spawning in vast numbers, regardless if you're doing it alone or not. that shows they really wanna destroy the cryopod at all costs? I personally liked it since it was much more thrilling that way.

I don't really like it when missions just dumb down the spawn rate (or dumb down alot of things) because the squad was like less than four members in total or something. I really wanted the missions to be as it is intended to be ran by four members, despite that its just one player running that mission (except for raids) because I felt that it was one way for me to enjoy Warframe. I like pushing myself to the limits (Not so much with RNG) even if I ultimately fail in the end, but thats just my opinion.

On the other side of the coin, though, I'm somewhat okay with it since not everyone has decent internet connection that they're able to host or not able to actually play without a ton of lag. Now its possible to solo pretty much everything with the exception of one or two missions. I'm still pissed off about the parts that if I do get random disconnects (thanks to my ISP) and reconnect to the squad when running ODS, all the nanospores I farmed up were NEVER recorded. Damnit!

But what do you guys think? Is it a good or a bad thing?

Edited by styxonfire

Ya, I'm pretty sure they implemented their new defense mechanic with U17. The spawn is now affected depending on size of party* and certain units spawn on different waves.

I tried to solo Earth Infestation Def and didnt get as much Exp from when I was in full party.

*Correct me if im wrong.

I recall U17 tweaking with the defense mission spawning.

It's in the patch notes

Defense:

Waves will now start with weaker enemies, progressing to support units and ending with heavy and Eximus units to make the end of the wave more intense.

The number of enemies attacking the player has been increased for early-waves and decreased for later-waves; this should not only improve performance on systems but brings the duration of a 20-wave Defense Mission closer to 25-30 minutes.

The progression of enemy types in all defense missions has been tuned.

For more information these changes, please see our Developer Workshop here: https://forums.warfr...se-experiments/

Edited by izzatuw

Ya, I'm pretty sure they implemented their new defense mechanic with U17. The spawn is now affected depending on size of party* and certain units spawn on different waves.

I tried to solo Earth Infestation Def and didnt get as much Exp from when I was in full party.

*Correct me if im wrong.

I recall U17 tweaking with the defense mission spawning.

It's in the patch notes

Defense:

Waves will now start with weaker enemies, progressing to support units and ending with heavy and Eximus units to make the end of the wave more intense.

The number of enemies attacking the player has been increased for early-waves and decreased for later-waves; this should not only improve performance on systems but brings the duration of a 20-wave Defense Mission closer to 25-30 minutes.

The progression of enemy types in all defense missions has been tuned.

For more information these changes, please see our Developer Workshop here: https://forums.warfr...se-experiments/

I didn't know they'd dumb it down THAT much.

It's not dumbing down at all. The intention was to balance it more towards the enemy numbers you face in survival, and to stop people having to deal with 75+ enemies on screen at once and lagging too much to actually be able to hit any of them.

If you're referring to being able to do missions solo, then lagging shouldn't be the problem.

They did site performance issues as part of the reason. I haven't played too much defense but I did notice a bombard spawn at the very end of wave 20 in T1 D. I think the changes sound good in theory but need to play that more to see the real difference.

Did a T1D other day and let me tell you. It was boring, enemies don't come towards pod. Instead they go upstairs and try to find cover with the barriers. It was quicker after round 15 but it took us nearly 15mins to get there. They've essentially made it slower at lower rounds which was meant to be vice versa.

Also Gunners/Moas/Ancients can just jump down from 2nd floor to be 1m from pod is kinda silly. It's even worse when you have 2-3 gunners and an ancient to knock you back..

They did site performance issues as part of the reason. I haven't played too much defense but I did notice a bombard spawn at the very end of wave 20 in T1 D. I think the changes sound good in theory but need to play that more to see the real difference.

I think they overdid their adjustments, IMHO.

Yeah I love tons of enemies everywhere and absolute chaos. But now its slow and I find myself waiting for enemies to come

Yep, I miss the old cesspool.

Did a T1D other day and let me tell you. It was boring, enemies don't come towards pod. Instead they go upstairs and try to find cover with the barriers. It was quicker after round 15 but it took us nearly 15mins to get there. They've essentially made it slower at lower rounds which was meant to be vice versa.

Also Gunners/Moas/Ancients can just jump down from 2nd floor to be 1m from pod is kinda silly. It's even worse when you have 2-3 gunners and an ancient to knock you back..

T4D became boring in the first 20 rounds, I'm somewhat not surprised T1D became that boring.

Never had a 'lag' (performance) issue in solo. And yes, I miss the hordes too. Be nice if they gave you an option to scale or not when playing in solo- because I actually have a gaming computer and I love the hectic rush to defend each side manically.
Anybody agree with the solo-choice suggestion?

I posted something about this according to one of the posters instead of ranking something from rank 3 to 23 in 20 waves it now takes you to wave 30 to do the same thing. I like how they spawn as in drop from the top and all but I don't like the change as far as numbers are concerned, to me it makes defense missions more tedious than fun like before.

I generally like the changes to defence in terms of the mobs using the upper levels a lot, and the earlier parts of defence are more exciting in comparison to the previous version's earlier bits.

But I have to say, I'm missing the Nullifiers in the T4D.  They were a good thing to keep the team on its toes and focus fire on them when they appeared.  There were a tad too many of them before (so they were a bit annoying), but there don't seem to be any now, which takes away some of the climactic feeling as you're getting into the later levels of the defence.