Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Gameplay - Finally

Cynaris

My body couldn't be readier if it tried. It's everything I ever wanted it to be :')

Some seems to criticize the voice actress, but I don't know, it's far from terrible.

The rest tho... *le gasp*

Just gimme already, I think I'll be getting that 200$ Collector's Edition

article_post_width_Mirrors_Edge_Catalyst

Remind me, who's responsible for this game, DICE SE?

It runs on Frostbite?

I could not be less interested in this game.

DICE, and yeah, Frostbite. DICE was the original developer too.

I feel like this is a passion project for them, the original sold rather poorly too, and yet due to being a cult classic and on demand, the sequel/prequel/reboot got greenlighted.

You can blame EA for a lot of things, and DICE may have screwed things up on a tight schedule lately, but this game was developed for 3 years, and I'm very optimistic.

*squeals of joy*

And I'm totally not gonna have any time to play it... or anything.... ;-;

Why T.T

Ah well, I'm still totally getting it. I will pre-order this. I dunno about that Collector's Edition, but goddamn I want this so much. X3

DICE SE is full of talented people, sound designers, animators, modellers, I appreciate all of their work.

But the men responsible for gameplay magic, I have no words to describe such behaviour. Well, I do, but such comment would get me banned rather quickly due to excessive swearing.

"Battlefield is broken, what are you going to do?"

"<picture of his cat>"

That's some quality PR/community management.

All we got its the same game with upgraded graphics. Nothing more, actually.

I am tracer and i'm not aproving this :c

Sorry if my English is bad :D

Different strokes for different folks. 

I loved the original to bits, I never wanted too much change in a sequel.

It's now in an open world, that's pretty much the only needed change, and we've got it.

DICE SE is full of talented people, sound designers, animators, modellers, I appreciate all of their work.

But the men responsible for gameplay magic, I have no words to describe such behaviour. Well, I do, but such comment would get me banned rather quickly due to excessive swearing.

"Battlefield is broken, what are you going to do?"

"<picture of his cat>"

That's some quality PR/community management.

Maybe I'm just unnaffected/immune by this, having not played any Battlefield since 1942 pretty much. So I can stay optimistic :P

Edited by Cynaris

Different strokes for different folks. 

I loved the original to bits, I never wanted too much change in a sequel.

It's now in an open world, that's pretty much the only needed change, and we've got it.

Parkour has more than just: Jump, roll, vault and vallrun with hops.

Kinda: Kong, Dash, Tic-tac, Speed, Kash and many other things that would be actually usefull and great in this game 

Maybe I'm just unnaffected/immune by this, having not played any Battlefield since 1942 pretty much. So I can stay optimistic :P

BC2 was pretty fun, but was not a Battlefield.

BF3 was an utter failure.

BF4 was an utter failure till not so long ago, then DICE LA stepped in, took over the development and turned it into a game I gladly recommend to anyone who asks about a decent FPS game.

Hardline... bad joke.

Parkour has more than just: Jump, roll, vault and vallrun with hops.

Kinda: Kong, Dash, Tic-tac, Speed, Kash and many other things that would be actually usefull and great in this game 

Well, for one thing, the gameplay I just shown you was cut together from gameplay slices. The overall road to her objective was probably way longer, you can see one cut in particular when she rolls, and she's suddenly at the Elysium building.

So potentially there are more moves than what was shown.

Also don't forget that they are trying to make the game somewhat more accessible, a lot of people sucked hard at playing the first game. 

Moves you listed would require probably a whole damn lot of input. That being said, even in the original you could do some crazy stuff if you figured out how to.

Either way, people praised the parkour in Dying Light, and even the first Mirror's Edge puts that to shame.

BC2 was pretty fun, but was not a Battlefield.

BF3 was an utter failure.

BF4 was an utter failure till not so long ago, then DICE LA stepped in, took over the development and turned it into a game I gladly recommend to anyone who asks about a decent FPS game.

Hardline... bad joke.

Hardline was made by Visceral :P

You also missed 2142 :<

Edited by Cynaris

Well, for one thing, the gameplay I just shown you was cut together from gameplay slices. The overall road to her objective was probably way longer, you can see one cut in particular when she rolls, and she's suddenly at the Elysium building.

So potentially there are more moves than what was shown.

Also don't forget that they are trying to make the game somewhat more accessible, a lot of people sucked hard at playing the first game. 

Moves you listed would require probably a whole damn lot of input. That being said, even in the original you could do some crazy stuff if you figured out how to.

Either way, people praised the parkour in Dying Light, and even the first Mirror's Edge puts that to shame.

^This.

Also, Mirror's Edge never said it was gonna be the most realistic game ever, so there's no problem with unrealistic parkour.