Good Build For Mesa/excalibur

-cS-Fras

Question

Hey I'm relatively new but really enjoy the game (have played for a month) and play with more experienced friends often. I was wondering what a good Mesa build would be, and what a strong and balanced excalibur build would be! With Excalibur I would also like you to mention the melee weapon and mods you would use to boost his ult! I have quite a selection of mods and stuff now so mention ideal builds and then I'll try piece together what I can for them!! 

13 answers to this question

The problem is I more so don't know where to start or what's good on them! Are there any sites that have reliable, well-made builds?

The best thing to do is to play around with the frame's abilities. See which you find more enjoyable/suitable to your play style, and then revolve your modifications around empowering them. Discovering what works best for your warframe and play style is part of the fun.

What syndicate(s) are you using?  That will determine the ideal melee weapon to use for Excalibur, as the Ultimate doesn't rely on your equipped melee weapon whatsoever, only the equipped melee weapon's mods. As such, using a weapon that has a syndicate mod which increases it's damage by 100% is ideal. 

You can also look up Mogamu on youtube and his Excaliber 2.0 video he shows how he likes to mod the frame I am not sure if he mains Excaliber or not but you can try his set up out and see if you like it!

gah on mogamu look up tactical potato or h3adsh0t warframe vids they actually put forma on weapons and frames go for the best builds possible mogamu? not so much.

Excalibur has traditionally been all about one skill.  Radial Blind.  Stopping a whole map with one button is more useful than people realize.

After his rework?  Slash dash is great for mobility, Radial Blind is still awesome, and Exalted Blade is his new answer to so many of Warframe's problems.

First off, as usual, I recommend max efficiency, so Streamline first, and 40% Fleeting Expertise when you can get it.  Next comes a max rank Stretch, and add some Overextended when you can get it.  This kicks Blind/Dash out to insane ranges.

Pick any melee weapon you like, and start bolting on the Forma.  Exalted blade inherits all the mods from your melee weapon, so crank that damage as high as you can.  Add all the elemental boost you can.

I add redirection, vitality, and often vigor, leaving me with one mod slot open.  You can put a low rank blind rage or transient there, or equilibrium, or anything else you like.

I've gotten crits ranging to very high numbers, and EB's waves have insane punch through.

mesa does well for a long, long time as a farmerbot using her 4th power with max efficiency and increased power reserves.   With that you can solo many waves of defense or do mobile defense missions solo, along with just about anything else.   At higher levels the skill begins to do less damage but you won't face that for a "while" -- enemy around level 40+ begin to not do as well with just the one skill and it drops off rapidly after that.   This is her primary claim to fame.

You can also build toward long lasting bullet reflection and buff skill, and use gunplay for dps after #4 begins to fail.

You can also build her into a weird sniper who can pick off one guy after building up that "next shot" of death but its not really that amazing in most real situations.   Its good for some boss fights if you like big one-shot weapons.