Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Is Extremely Fragile

Farlan

I can understand one Warframe be a glass cannon and have a potential for high damage, but the Banshee is a Warframe that brings much use at the highest levels but can not survive even a single bullet, it has the lowest shield and the smallest health jogocombinando with 15 points of armor, I think 15 armor is absurd for a Warframe no ability to survive, the Ember was like but it killed everything that came near her with his ult and still had a buff in your armor, the Zephyr also has a 15 armored but it has the greatest shield and the largest combined health of the game, not to mention that can be immune to bullets, well I guess a small buff, even if it's only 50 armor help enough.

Ironcically I survive better than most people I encounter in Dravo with my Banshee. While it is true she's fragile and I won't deny some of her skills could use some slight buff, her power potential makes up for her fragility.

You can try learning to use Sonic Boom and Silence much more aggressively in battle to survive better. Her augments are also powerful, and the new Parkour with Bullet Jump and Glide making enemy lose accuract are great tools to use.

I do agree 15 armor is kind of ridiculous.

Because Banshee's armor is so low her effective health is her shields + health. People deal with this in 1 of two ways.

1) Use primed flow + quick thinking to increase hear health pool.

2) [my personal preference] boost her shields as much as possible and work around her shields since they regenerate and are essentially a buffer for that 1 hit ko.

Generally I run Redirection + Vigor + Guardian [sentinel] + fortitude or fast deflection  + arcane barrier + animal instinct [sentinel]

This will give you a great deal of survivability coupled with your awareness of enemy positions and CC. Animal instinct is great for those sneaky guys that haven't been marked by sonar but are coming up behind you.

>Entire banshee skillset.

You know where every enemy is, you can effectively stun them forever with either Sonic Boom, Silence or Sound Quake.

Sound Quake - She can not move or do anything else.
Silence - It only works if the enemies are not alerted, useless in many types of mission.
Sonic Boom - Really? I will go around using that ability in every enemy I see ¬¬ after all is not very efficient?

It need not be a tank or a fighter, just survive without having the team come to revive it every time an enemy by eyes on her.

Sound Quake - She can not move or do anything else.
Silence - It only works if the enemies are not alerted, useless in many types of mission.
Sonic Boom - Really? I will go around using that ability in every enemy I see ¬¬ after all is not very efficient?

It need not be a tank or a fighter, just survive without having the team come to revive it every time an enemy by eyes on her.

Sound Quake - neither can the enemies

Silence - I'm sure you're aware of the stun at the beginning of the ability, that gives you some time to revive a teammate or get some breathing room

Sonic Boom - knockdown high priority targets or enemies that are flanked together

As I see it she's a nice cross between CC and support, need not necessary to be a nukeframe like Saryn or p-4-2-win like Ash or tank everything like a Valkyr. Her abilities allows you to open up the enemies to your teammates, like Sound Quake in this case which you can let yo buddies pick off the big dudes.

Yeah.. worked pretty good to go with range mods and the boom augment. Banshee isn't really about strength and casts, and is a bit underwhelming in general. But it can be very useful in a team if you go with high range.

If that doesn't work for you, you could mod for duration and strength, and use the sonar augment + silence. And run around quietly pondering why not everyone playing solo is doing that.

One rule of thumb I've heard and experienced( for the short time playing as her so far) is Banshee gives you a good estimate of how good a player you are. Basically, she's only as good as the person playing her, and rarely ever the other way around like many frames.

She can give 10x damage and stunlock an entire room, she needs a weakness.

Definitely this.

Basically, she's only as good as the person playing her, and rarely ever the other way around like many frames.

Mm. And it's kind of sad that DE seems to think frame setups like these are unpopular, or that we don't appreciate them. Because those weird and extremely different playstyles between the frames is basically the reason why I enjoy this game, at least.

Mm. And it's kind of sad that DE seems to think frame setups like these are unpopular, or that we don't appreciate them. Because those weird and extremely different playstyles between the frames is basically the reason why I enjoy this game, at least.

I totally agree with you. There needs to be a little more player-skill dependency in my opinion. Too much P42W meta...

I was actually kind of shying away from playing Banshee even though I had her built for weeks, and even before that I was hesitant to try her. Now I'm glad I actually did. I've always liked playing as glass cannons in games, Mirage is my favorite frame and Banshee is now in second.