Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

World Of Warcraft Down To 5,6Million Subscribers

makaloff95

I tried the game once, a long time ago. I really don't know much about the game but....here's my experience:

I had a character, ran into what looked like a village and was murdered by 15 individuals/AI. I was sent to some spirit world where I ran around for a couple of hours. When I finally made it out I spawned back in front of the same mob that killed me and was sent directly back to that spirit world.

I kinda laughed and never touched the game again. Played about 6 hours off of a 14day trial. Anywho, I never liked the game, however it's obviously grasped the love of many gamers but nothing lasts forever.

Its quite amazing though how long the game has been running. The only game that comes to mind beating the life of WoW, has to be meridian 59, if anyone remember that game.

Anyways, was there any reason why they lost so many subs from the game? Consider i never really played the game aside from the first few days back when it was only a beta. (I am madly in love with WIldstar though, wich is the only mmo i love playing.).

Edited by Cebius

Its quite amazing though how long the game has been running. The only game that comes to mind beating the life of WoW, has to be meridian 59, if anyone remember that game.

Anyways, was there any reason why they lost so many subs from the game? Consider i never really played the game aside from the first few days back when it was only a beta. (I am madly in love with WIldstar though, wich is the only mmo i love playing.).

well idk self since i quit in middle of WoD but heres the culprit i think caused the drops:

garrison, your own forttress and basically makes so you dont have to go anywere

raids, so boring, no feel to them or anything

proffessions made obsolete, having a system like warframe where it can take up to a full month to build a item (the only item that can rank you up ofcourse)

nothing to do besides raids

terrible pvp balance

no connection to the community anymore and they basically ignore all feedback and nerf the UP classes and buff the OP ones

there's probably more but this is my speculations

At it's height it had 12 million subscribers. Now the last quarter they have 7 million subscribers, in May they did a massive bot ban, banning all Honorbuddy users, and now down to 5.6 million. So shows you how many people were botting.

Never been a WoW person. I personally like Guild Wars 2, and the lack of monthly subscription for that is nice :P

But that is quite the drop in subscribers, and as weezedog said, the banning for the bots probably had a big role in that. What's always concerned me with WoW was how fast it appears that they release expansions. I'm not sure that could be a good thing, but then again I've never played it so I could be wrong.

Next goes LoL

Then the 3D and fun games will ake over!

THEN VR WILL RISE!

STAR CITIZEN IS JUST THE FIRST!!!

MUHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

What? Me? Evil ambitions? Nooooo.

(For all you sao fans just don't use nerve gear alright (; )

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.

At it's height it had 12 million subscribers. Now the last quarter they have 7 million subscribers, in May they did a massive bot ban, banning all Honorbuddy users, and now down to 5.6 million. So shows you how many people were botting.

it were roughtly 500k they banned