Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stacking Credit Rewards - How To Get People To Play More Like You Wanted Them To.

Krak_Nihilus

So we all know that lately it's a huge problem to get a group over wave 5 in defense. Why? Because there is no incentive to stay more in terms of what is one of the most noticeable reward after a mission (at least in dark sectors) - credit reward. It doesn't matter if you stay 5 minuts or an hour, you always get 23k credits at the end of dark sector mission.

How to make people more willing to go further? Stack credit rewards. For every 5 waves/minuts a new credit reward will be added to the end of mission creds.

Would that require a cred reward nerf in name of balance? In my opinion no. You can already farm credits very easily, restarting a mission is just a minor annoyance and doesn't really get in the way. It's just 30 seconds of difference.

So what do you think? Do you want to get more people playing more than 5 waves and be able to go into public and have a long and engaging fight?

DesecratedFlame came up with a very nice proposition of how it would work mathematicly, be sure to read it carefully.

Credits should stack and then some

It should be:  Base Credits * (number of waves / 5) + (previous mission total {i.e. not counting credits picked up from enemy drops})

If we give Sechura a base credit reward of 10,000 credits then staying

05 waves = 10,000 * (5 / 5) + ( 0 ) = 10,000 total credits

10 waves = 10,000 * (10 / 5) + ( 10,000 ) = 30,000 total credits

15 waves = 10,000 * ( 15 / 5) + ( 30,000 ) = 60,000 credits

20 waves = 10,000 * ( 20 / 5 ) + ( 60,000 ) = 100,000 credits

Edited by Krak_Nihilus

So we all know that lately it's a huge problem to get a group over wave 5 in defense. Why? Because there is no incentive to stay more in terms of what is one of the most noticeable reward after a mission (at least in dark sectors) - credit reward. It doesn't matter if you stay 5 minuts or an hour, you always get 23k credits at the end of dark sector mission.

How to make people more willing to go further? Stack credit rewards. For every 5 waves/minuts a new credit reward will be added to the end of mission creds.

Would that require a cred reward nerf in name of balance? In my opinion no. You can already farm credits very easily, restarting a mission is just a minor annoyance and doesn't really get in the way. It's just 30 seconds of difference.

So what do you think? Do you want to get more people playing more than 5 waves and be able to go into public and have a long and engaging fight?

Yessss that's nice. It has become really hard to lvl up on Sechura :/

I agree with you on that. I can't say how many times my whole squad leaves right after 5. It gets kinda irritating after awhile.  

Yes, especially all those russians there with super loud USSR mics >:#

Anyway, back on topic... sure. I don't see how this is going to screw over the economy when a 5 minutes team pvp round gets you 50,000 or a 25minutes raid that's done properly gets you 400,000 credits + an arcane you can sell for plat. 

Yes the credit rewards should stack every 5 waves, however, the infested suck as a faction now and are the worst one. They are nothing but constant cheap tricks: knockdowns, knocbacks, pulls, staggers, blinds, energy drains, slows, massive damage reductions aura, massive power strength reduction auras, etc etc.I mean who doesn't love getting stun locked to death.....

Gone are the days of Xini where it was actually fun to stay to wave 40+. Now it's like wanting to punch a dev in the face.(no offense)

Edited by weezedog

Yes, especially all those russians there with super loud USSR mics >:#

Anyway, back on topic... sure. I don't see how this is going to screw over the economy when a 5 minutes team pvp round gets you 50,000 or a 25minutes raid that's done properly gets you 400,000 credits + an arcane you can sell for plat. 

Umm is that irony? I'm honestly not sure in written form here. If yes, can you explain a little more in depth what you mean?

Edited by Krak_Nihilus

It should be:  Base Credits * (number of waves / 5) + (previous mission total {i.e. not counting credits picked up from enemy drops})

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

That's a very nice system you got there. Would you mind if I quoted it into original post for it to be more exposed for people?