What Do You Think Of Equinox?

ThePododo

So now that players everywhere are starting to finish building Equinox, it's a fitting time to ask: what do you think of her (THERE,I CHANGED IT. HAPPY NOW?)?

My Two Pennies:

Personally, I find her insanely fun but ever so slightly weak. Having to switch forms all the time since most abilities are only good in one form makes a Maxed Flow almost essential.

Edited by GamingNappyShaman

Firstly, devs confirmed that Equinox is female :D

Secondly, she's really fun and captivating to play. Just feel like she needs some work done to her different aspects to balance them out, pun unintended. The Night aspect of Equinox is the only form I really enjoy using since I've been gravitating towards support themed roles recently, and I really feel like Mend needs a second look at. A burst heal is good, but the problem is that it'll probably never be there when you need it, unlike Blessing. Charging up the ult means you end up sometimes having upwards of 7-8000 HP ready to heal. But what's the point of having 8000HP when frames top out at around 1100-1200?

Equinox is a decent allrounder.

I thought I'd be using night form most of the time, but I've found myself using day form more often.

Rest and Rage, Rest is my favourite of the two, although limited to a single enemy only.

Pacify and Provoke, additional power strength is always useful as a team buff, however, damage decrease of Pacify isn't reliable enough for me, especially with ever increasing drain. It surely would be useful against infested (as long as one has energy to keep it up), but besides that, Provoke is the clear winner of the two for me.

Mend and Maim, Mend has this very useful heal, after some damage is done, however has limited range and seemingly lacks CC of the day equivalent.

Maim as a damage ability is quite decent, and offers rather good damage/cost ratio. However, it could refresh bleed proc every once in a while, and maybe stun enemies once again.

Edited by Mofixil

So now that players everywhere are starting to finish building Equinox, it's a fitting time to ask: what do you think of him?

My Two Pennies:

Personally, I find him insanely fun but ever so slightly weak. Having to switch forms all the time since most abilities are only good in one form makes a Maxed Flow almost essential.

Oranji,

Sorry for the confusion there!  Equinox is in fact a she, but she also has a masculine form.  'Gender' was the incorrect word to properly explain the difference in forms, and has since been properly edited to better reflect the nature of her abilities and (in the case of this Building Warframe piece) design background.  

I hope this clears things up!

-DE_Adam

she feels weak in comparison frame she's like a jack of all trades

If what I heard from the Day Ult is right, you accumulate the damage used to kill enemies in the AoE and then unleash it at once, I havent tested it (Still in the oven) but I dont think there's a limit on how much damage you can stack.

If what I heard from the Day Ult is right, you accumulate the damage used to kill enemies in the AoE and then unleash it at once, I havent tested it (Still in the oven) but I dont think there's a limit on how much damage you can stack.

There is a limit and i think it's determined by power strength.

...So aparently peapol can't live with the idea of a frame that we (person who use it) can decide about his gender...GOOD JOB EVERYONE.

But yeah equinox is really fun to play and his abilitys are ok. A little buff could be nice for night form, but overall all skills are usefull if you know how use them.

I'm in the middle right now. A lot I like and some things I'm not fond of right now. The switch between cycles is great fun, but it takes too long and the different cycles should have better armor shields or health representative of their roles. The AoE in day is great, but I both love it and hate it. The stun is great without being terribly OP, unless you're on Earth you just run around with it active to murder the entire populace, but once you store enough energy you release it and murder the entire map. I'm not a fan of the mini-Apocolypse button. The night ultimate is also a love and hate ability. I wish there were a secondary buff while your ultimate were active and the resulting heal were a heal that healed based on a percentage of damage taken. It doesn't take very long to heal everyone to full at the moment.

she feels weak in comparison frame she's like a jack of all trades

You're kidding me right?

I am able to kill an entire map with maim, and if i get a EV trin with me and a nova The team literally just has to stand in one place while everything dies before it even spawns... And i can give my team mates an extra 50% Power strength buff while im killing, which is a nice bonus. 

Last night with a team of two equinox, a trinity, and a nova we went to wave 65 on sechura defence without a single person going down. The enemies were in the 100s levels. 

You arent using equinox right.

Firstly, devs confirmed that Equinox is female :D

Secondly, she's really fun and captivating to play. Just feel like she needs some work done to her different aspects to balance them out, pun unintended. The Night aspect of Equinox is the only form I really enjoy using since I've been gravitating towards support themed roles recently, and I really feel like Mend needs a second look at. A burst heal is good, but the problem is that it'll probably never be there when you need it, unlike Blessing. Charging up the ult means you end up sometimes having upwards of 7-8000 HP ready to heal. But what's the point of having 8000HP when frames top out at around 1100-1200?

This, and also that you continuously waste energy while storing it despite the extra heal is pointless.