Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think Of Equinox?

ThePododo

I really like playing equinox, but I have a few QoL suggestions before saying she/he is underpowered.

1. The stance dance is too long. If we are supposed to be changing stances often then their should be a delay between using abilities, or at least a much shorter one. If the stance dance is changed to be faster I'd be more enticed to mod towards changing stances, but as it stands modding for the first ability is kinda silly when you can't hop between them.

2. Rest needs a greater radius, 2m (or 2.5m) is nothing.

3. Lower the animation time of the ult, jesus. Only with Natural Talent is it remotely close to a normal ult cast time.

Firstly, devs confirmed that Equinox is female :D

Secondly, she's really fun and captivating to play. Just feel like she needs some work done to her different aspects to balance them out, pun unintended. The Night aspect of Equinox is the only form I really enjoy using since I've been gravitating towards support themed roles recently, and I really feel like Mend needs a second look at. A burst heal is good, but the problem is that it'll probably never be there when you need it, unlike Blessing. Charging up the ult means you end up sometimes having upwards of 7-8000 HP ready to heal. But what's the point of having 8000HP when frames top out at around 1100-1200?

I would suggest that any excess healing is transferred into "bonus health" for a duration that can be modded for.

Mend needs a persistent effect like how Maim has it's slash procs when you initially cast it. Other than that I really enjoy the frame. Once there are fixes and possibly changes to the frame Equinox will be a frame that is desired by teams for it's supportive or extremely offense oriented game-styles. 

HER. Equinox is a she.

Of course he is. ;)

Edited by Darkmoone1

I really like playing equinox, but I have a few QoL suggestions before saying she/he is underpowered.

1. The stance dance is too long. If we are supposed to be changing stances often then their should be a delay between using abilities, or at least a much shorter one. If the stance dance is changed to be faster I'd be more enticed to mod towards changing stances, but as it stands modding for the first ability is kinda silly when you can't hop between them.

3. Lower the animation time of the ult, jesus. Only with Natural Talent is it remotely close to a normal ult cast time.

3 words for you:

Optional. Endgame. Resource.

Yes to all these, especially 1 and 2. Lord knows how many times I've been trying to stealth already and been seen since I thought I could cast rest from further away than the size of an Amoeba.

...So aparently peapol can't live with the idea of a frame that we (person who use it) can decide about his gender...GOOD JOB EVERYONE.

But yeah equinox is really fun to play and his abilitys are ok. A little buff could be nice for night form, but overall all skills are usefull if you know how use them.

I'm thinking their problem is more along the line of the fact that you can't decide Equinox's factual gender because she has been confirmed female. Sure you can think whatever you want, but according to DE and the lore Equinox is female. Anything else is not factual according to the real story.

Personally, I have not tried Equinox yet, but my friend says she's awesome.

Edited by CoRRh

18 farming runs

12 hours to build parts

3 days to build aspects

3 days to build frame .. and this bit has 2 days left

.. so I'm reading all your comments with a lot of interest as I've got no idea what she's like.

Only experience I've had with her thus far is keeping her alive while players rank her up .. but that's cool, 'cause I expect them to do the same for me when I'm ranking and weak and squishy :)

18 farming runs

Only experience I've had with her thus far is keeping her alive while players rank her up .. but that's cool, 'cause I expect them to do the same for me when I'm ranking and weak and squishy :)

I salute you. I died a lot when my Equinox was >15.

I was super hyped for this frame. Now my hype train has crashed, burned and blown up, because of how average 'she' feels. DE completely failed the concept of Yin Yang at the first hurdle by officially announcing her as exclusively 'female' with a masculine-like form, which destroys one of the most basic rules of Yin Yang; Balance. You can't have Male without a Female and vice versa.

Her powers are basically repaints of what we have seen before, with different tweaks here and there. I thought Equinox was going to be a massive power house, considering the sheer diversity of the concept 'she' embodies. Instead there are just small energy strength buffs and healing which fall off in end game anyway.

Mend is ripped straight from Trinity, with a small tweak. Maim is very average, no matter how good you mod it. Many other Warframes can achieve the stagger effect and more.

Rest is basically Ash singing the enemies to sleep and knifing them individually very slowly. Many other warframes can achieve a huge level of destruction with just plain utility and no damage.

Rage feels like knock off of Valkyr's Warcry, but now the enemies are more vulnerable but move faster, instead of Tenno moving faster and the enemies are slower.

Pacify will fall off in endgame. Provoke will also not help in endgame as no one takes pure damage Warframes into endgame, and Power Strength doesn't count for much with utility Warframes.

I feel like DE is slowly but surely running out of new ideas for the future Warframes. Oh well, more Mastery fodder.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

I would love to talk about the new frame but due to how amazingly buggy that mission is and RNG I haven't gotten all the parts to finish building it yet. I just need the night blueprint and after 30 or so runs (from when I got all the other parts) I still haven't gotten it.

Makes me sad.

Edited by f3llyn

As many others said already, I was surprise to find me quite stick to the masculine version and since the switch animation can be complicated during a crowded fight, I often forget about the female powers.

Her masculine ulti is quite strong, the damage it can deal is insane but on the other side to reach high amounts you have basically to low the power DPS a lot, meaning that you will spend most of the time accumulating damage instead if dealing it. Luckily, the staggering effect is useful meanwhile.

Her female ulti should definitely deal some damage while active as the male counterpart and since it can store way more health than needed, DE should find a good use for it because as it is now it's a bit of a waste, it's more efficient to pick up energy and using her passive to gain health rather than switching to female and use her ulti.

Anyway I find her incredibly fun, the concept is cool and I hope she'll get some tweaks.

Meanwhile, I put catalyst, 2 forma and Eximus slot already in!

she need badly more base health or base Armor to be benefitial of her skills.

Dayform = extrem glascanon shes always dead before deploy AoE slash damage.

Nightform should  able to use overhealth, storing 4k health now is just a waste of energy & having lower value isn't benefitial @ all when lost 50% health and die right after healing. but her passive is atleast a buff for equibrium

Edited by 1N33DM0N3Y