Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Real Time Strategy Warframe Game?

Soju.

Something that crossed my mind after I played Lambda Wars (a fan made mod that makes, or more truthful, use Half Life 2 assets (units, buildings, theme, etc) and make it into a RTS game), but that game wasn't so exciting because there are too few units and buildings to begin with (and I guess it's because the game/or mod, still hasn't been fully complete yet).

I was thinking if Warframe (DE or other modders) has a RTS game like that. Players could play as the Infested, the Corpus, or the Grineer (maybe even the Tenno but I guess that faction would be kinda op and hard to balance), the Sentient, and possible future factions. And I'm talking about base building RTS not MOBAs and such, then choose your faction, starts to conquer the solar system vs other players/or bots, build space ships to transfer troops, board ships, etc. Doesn't have to use the name Warframe for it, but something more relevant, just like how Lambda Wars isn't called Half Life despite using its theme.

Thoughts?

Edited by AlphaWolf003

Well the fact is i don't think you should re-balance the factions.

While i understand compare to one another some faction would be OP or even if we bring the tenno in they would be the most OP but that shouldn't balance.

you can introduce new content to balance it but don't pull a present balance card on it.

It would ruin it.

But like the idea

Edited by Leavith

Well the fact is i don't think you should re-balance the factions.

While i understand compare to one another some faction would be OP or even if we bring the tenno in they would be the most OP but that shouldn't balance.

you can introduce new content to balance it but don't pull a present balance card on it.

It would ruin it.

But like the idea

Well I mean including the Tenno faction or not need a thoughtful decision, they'd be really really op so in my opinion the Tenno shouldn't be a playable faction if the idea does come to life.

Well something we have that's fairly close is syndicates and Invasions, where we can support the side instead of playing it. As much as I think it's a bit unecessary it's a neat idea nonetheless.

I'm not sure how those are close but I guess you meant the "closest" thing there is, since I'm talking about a real time strategy game with base building and stuff.

Personally I'd love to control the Grineer units and stuff. Not a good strategist myself (failed at Company of Heroes 2 multiplayer a lot) but I enjoy those games since it gives me a lot of control.

Edited by AlphaWolf003