Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapons Too Weak. Only Several Frames Using It Well.

IfritKajiTora

For me melee is weak compared to shoting weapons.
With shoting weapons you can kill from a long range, while using melee you are opened for fire and it doesnt deal that same amount of damage as shoting weapons.

Only frames like Loki, Ash, Excalibur have good melee because invisibility deals 4x more damage, blinding deals 4x more damage, excalibur and ash can do finishers which deals a lot of damage from melee. Other frames have it unfair.
Example with one shot of Hek I deal 24k damage, while melee swing only 1,2k damage with Scindo Prime yeah I can use channeling to drain my energy for 50% more damage so 1,8k damage, and I can make damage combo multiplier, yeah to get decent damage 2x I need to do 15 combo hit.

All melee weapons should deal 2x more damage than it is now.

Invisibility or blinding enemies should grand only 2x more damage with that melee bonus, so it will be as it is just now (4x)

Only if enemies didn't saw you will still deal 4x damage, attack from suprise for sneaky gameplay.

Baro should bring Primed Pressure point to get at rank 10   220% damage.
And maybe add to game Multislash mod for melee weapons. To have 2hits as a one swing just like with multishot weapons have.

PS: Yeah im comparing only best weapons:  Soma Prime, Boltor Prime, Brakk, Vaykor Marelok, Hek, Scindo Prime cleaving whirlwind and tempo royale stance, Act & Brunt with final harbinger stance. Dragon Nikana.  
Shoting weapons destroys melee weapons.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Personally I view the matter as guns just being too strong rather than melee being weak.

Yeah or this. Maybe remove multishots XD. 

HATE FROM PEOPLE!!! YEAH COME AT ME BROS

Come-At-Me-Bro-khal-drogo-23525547-500-2

But bad thing is that melee is weak and Excal, Loki and Ash can use melee very good dealing 4x more damage, excal even further.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

This is what happens when you bring a knife to a gun fight lol. Melee has a natural disadvantage against guns. So it takes more effort for melee to compete with gunplay. As space ninjas, we should...SHOULD...have the tools/skills to even the odds...

The melee system could use some help in various ways, but its functional if done right.

First of all they need to fix melee weapon range. It's completely broken since U17 with some melee weapons like the Prisma Dual Cleavers now not even being able anymore to destroy storage crates right in front of them.

My Scindo P has lost a lot of range as well. This needs to be fixed first, because more damage per hit is pointless when you can not hit anything to begin with^^

I'm genuinely unsure what game you've been playing, sir/ma'am/other. Also what weapons you've been using and how they're modded. I live longer in Survival missions, regardless of faction, as pure melee than I ever do pure gunplay. Especially since U17 hit. Ack/Brunt with Final Harbinger is like a goddamn blender, the damage this thing does with the new stance's attack speed is incredible.

Idk how is this even possible,

My 4 Forma Torid never equals to my Dragon Nikana
when taking down heavy units.

It's kind of like, when gun fails, draw your sword and go upclose and personal.

I typically go for spin attacks, which has highest damage value.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

Especially with new parkour, you can hit the same enemy a dozen times with a spin attack without really slowing down.

I find I tend to survive better in melee, ironically, because enemies are usually too busy pivoting to face me, or their friends are in the way of their shots.

They do hit a bit soft which is probably Channeling's fault, as the devs need to balance melee with a 1.5x damage boost in mind, along with the possible combo counter multiplier and the weird/random boosts from doing stance combos.

So it's probably a really awkward thing to fine-tune, but in my opinion they should just take the shotgun approach and just try something.

Granted, I seem to have gotten the feeling from reading somewhere in this forum that they were working on melee next, so maybe we just need to wait and everything will sort itself out.

Though... I do have a list of things I definitely think would help iron out the kinks...

"The rifle is the first weapon you learn how to use, because it lets you keep your distance from the client. The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn."

It's kind of like, when gun fails, draw your sword and go upclose and personal.

I typically go for spin attacks, which has highest damage value.

Another Torid user! :D :D :D

Anyhow, this always annoyed the hell out of me.

Spin attack is always, always the highest damage value.

How about some different stats? How about my freakin' Glaive Prime having the highest damage be its toss?

Another Torid user! :D :D :D

Anyhow, this always annoyed the hell out of me.

Spin attack is always, always the highest damage value.

How about some different stats? How about my freakin' Glaive Prime having the highest damage be its toss?

I was suggesting different melee input on another thread.

Something like Slash, Thrust, Pommel Strike/ Kick

For different weapons, like a Spear, the thrust would means high puncture damage, 

but slashing with a spear and striking with the spear shaft would do less Impact and Slash damage.

Combos are extremely underused - i rarely use a very few selected combos .. or by accident.  I don't have the time to monitor my weapon animations and TRY to get 4 lmb hold+rmb and crap right when fighting hordes of mobs for hours.

Its overcomplicated.

Energy channel was.. kind of useful early on - but everything eating massive energy already, i never use it. Especially the channel mods with insane energy costs.

Both of these need to be overlooked and reworked.

+1 OP

melee is very lacking compared to gunplay and its frustrating

I disagree.

I use melee almost exclusively and tend to come out with 33-50% of the damage dealt regularly - yes, with frames other than Ash/Excal/Loki.

Its a matter of proper blocking and *constantly moving at a high rate of speed*.  If a guy won't go down in a couple of hits then you need to move on immediately because if you stop moving then the mobs can target you accurately.

Now - I will say that at the high end margin melee suffers.  You can still do more damage than gunners, but you will go down at those levels to a single shot.  There, a gunner's ability to attack from partial cover is a lifesaver.

But only a short time after melee is no longer viable, shooting stops being so also and you're down to Excalibro's EB, Nyx's mind control, anything to CC and turn enemies against each other because your damage output ain't going to cut through their armor.

melee needs a multi-strike mod.

Very much this.  Even coupled with removing multi-shot from guns - and I *love* me some multi-shot but I'd be willing to make that trade.