Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do Mr Restrict Lor?

Did 2 raids just now. My first raid was pretty good, under 30 mins, single and double digit mastery ranks. Everyone did their job(somewhat). Had little problems

Then my friend who never did the was doing it. I decided to help him, even though i just did it. I ask him to inv, Loki/Nova/Nyx. The first thing he says is "MR?" I say nvm because i hate people who judge your skill of that. He still invites me My friend was with him  so i join to help. As soon as i join i see a dude with complaining about chroma and a lvl 19 vauban and how we'k he is. The funny part is the dude was the lowest rank in the group(6), calling out people who are at LEAST 3 ranks above him AND had underranked weapons. He calls out my friends weapons for not being 30 and says "change them, too weak" what the dude doesn't know is he has a catalyst in his dread so all his mods were already on the bow. This keeps going for like 10 mins. 

We get in to the raid after like 15 more mins. No leadership, no mics. Its not my key so i keep quiet. I don't join other people stuff and act like im the boss. We start, Nova's not MP'ing, Trinity not healing. Im Loki so i announce ill carry the battery. I hack the console and grab the battery, EVERYONE is still behind me, doors not open, enemies everywhere. I get downed and drop the battery, host grabs it, drops it, it blows up. The host types "LOKI!!", like its my fault. Then finally we get on track and get to destroying injectors. Then entire time the host(valkyr) does nothing but stand by me. I say "You can go hack the consoles". He stays near me, for 0 reasons. The ENTIRE 1st phase.

Phase 2 starts with me going ahead and the rank 6 telling me to wait. I ignore him because im going ahead to disarm the room. He then says "im not reving if since you cant wait". He's one of the first to go down. The entire 1st part of phase 2 only me, my friend and 1 other guy is doing what they supposed to do. The host, just running around. The rank 6 mouthpiece, running around. I take charge and get everyone past this cluster ****.

The hijack is even worse, no MP from nova, no one but me and my noob friend is on panels. Cores at 1000 at last part, what does the host say? "We lost" I take charge and get my friend on a panel, someone else got on one and i have to move the Core. I stop before complete with 700 Core health tokill G3 and find the container. I see it, go for the mark, host finishes the mission. No container for anyone, though thts not a big deal.

Boss fight alone was at least 40 mns. I grab the bomb, get to the doors, no ones getting on pads. Get to the last bomb 3 times but because my friend is the only person guarding the center we reset, 3 times. Meanwhile i keep getting downed because my movement is limited while holding the bomb. Host calls me out, "Loki Sucks". Im like, "are you serious?". In the end we beat it but took entirely too long im getting blamed for doing my job correctly the entire time. The first timer did better then the vets. Host did 0 leading the entire trial.

My question is this: Why do you people restrict raids (or anything for tht matter)when in reality your rank isnt even double digits and you yourself arnt that good?Because he's MRX he's beneath you? Im MR 14 but i still ask my MR10 lots of things about this game. All mastery shows ,in my eyes, is how much you play the game. Im in a clan and im the most active member. Leader stopped playing for a while, didn't even know about carrier prime. He's MR15. I hate when people put in chat "doing X, pm frame and MR". Its pointless and the people who restrict usually take forever to start AND finish. This elitism needs to stop, especially when the restricters themselves arnt tht good.

Edit:rage was within me during this post, excuse grammar and spelling.

Edited by (PS4)whoistimjones

To be fair, I try to never discriminate based on MR, but even I'd have issue with people doing LoR without rank 30 gear, I mean, really, we're here to raid, not level gear.

Edited by Gelkor

To be fair, I try to never discriminate based on MR, but even I'd have issue with people doing LoR without rank 30 gear, I mean, really, we're here to raid, not level gear.

So because its not 30 irs not worthy? You should know that multiple weapons can have all their mods well before they are 30. You really only need 1 good weapon anyway. I took at 19 Vectis Prime and was fine.

This post confirms my fears about Trials as a whole.

This post also confirms why I should NEVER play any of the trials, unless I'm doing it with people I know and can voice chat with.

Its really bad right now. Only frames people want are: Nove Prime, Loki Prime, Valkyr, Trinity, Frost, Mirage, Nyx Prime(rarely). The elitism is just awful. Not all hope is lost. Like i said 1st run was fine.

A raid requires everybody to know their part in it before hand whether its something simple as disarming enemies or hacking. Most people who join raids have no idea what to do or who is doing what. the majority of them stand around and do nothing while the rest is doing what needs to be done.

when I raid its purely with people I know. we don't even need to tell each other what to do. we all instinctively know what to do, what frames to bring, and who is doing what. sometimes there is banter about ''lel I dont have cyphers'' or '' EV more trinity''. but most of the time its pretty smooth.

today was an exception. I was the blessing trinity but due to undisclosed stuff by DE the glaive was made worthless, so I used a kulstar. I was legitimately fearful that I would let the others down. we got through it with 3 downed which is three more than there should have been. 

Edited by evil_m3nace

So because its not 30 irs not worthy? You should know that multiple weapons can have all their mods well before they are 30. You really only need 1 good weapon anyway. I took at 19 Vectis Prime and was fine.

They really can't, not unless they're on their 4th forma or so, maybe. And what are you gonna do if you go down and have an unranked peashooter sidearm?  Good luck covering the people rezzing you.

Raids and T3-4 are actual game time, not leveling, bring your a-game and gear, that's all. 

That's not elitism, that's common sense and decency.

Edited by Gelkor

Its really bad right now. Only frames people want are: Nove Prime, Loki Prime, Valkyr, Trinity, Frost, Mirage, Nyx Prime(rarely). The elitism is just awful. Not all hope is lost. Like i said 1st run was fine.

You're in a Raid. Killing is not a priority, Keeping your team mates and making sure that enemies don't have the time to attack is. A not rank 30 frame can completely jeopardize that. They don't have all the abilities fully leveled up, thus lacking ability to make the raid go smoothly.

This is perfectly reasonable.

They really can't, not unless they're on their 4th forma or so, maybe. And what are you gonna do if you go down and have an unranked peashooter sidearm?  Good luck covering the people rezzing you.

Raids and T3-4 are actual game time, not leveling, bring your a-game and gear, that's all. 

It's perfectly fine to level things in T3, just make sure to equip at least one good gun.

He had a few formas in it already. How many, idk. But thts besides the point, dude didn't even ask if he had it modded out, he just assumed it was modless.

just because you think its fine, it usually isnt. a level 80 grineer lancer WITHOUT armor (4 cp) takes a max serration and a max heavy caliber to kill in one shot with a vectis prime.

It's perfectly fine to level things in T3, just make sure to equip at least one good gun.

I tend to play T3 by ear with what we're doing, Sab, Exe, MD, low Def and Surv, I'll bring something to level.  When host wants to go 80-90 minutes Def or Surv, I personally don't like to risk it.

Edited by Gelkor

You're in a Raid. Killing is not a priority, Keeping your team mates and making sure that enemies don't have the time to attack is. A not rank 30 frame can completely jeopardize that. They don't have all the abilities fully leveled up, thus lacking ability to make the raid go smoothly.

The 1st 1 isnt about a frame its about a weapon.

just because you think its fine, it usually isnt. a level 80 grineer lancer WITHOUT armor (4 cp) takes a max serration and a max heavy caliber to kill in one shot with a vectis prime.

I had both of those plus a split chamber, a reload mod and toxin. I put a catalyst in it, it was good. I really didn't use it i used my sidearm, Telos Akboltos, maxxed and modded.

I tend to play T3 by ear with what we're doing, Sab, Exe, MD, low Def and Surv, I'll bring something to level.  When host wants to go 80-90 minutes Def or Surv, I personally don't like to risk it.

I bring at least 1 maxxed weapon, it usually all it takes. Not too many people go 60+ on ps4.

Posts like these are why I'll never do raids/trials. Even though DE has stated otherwise, I'll just keep hoping that they eventually add a solo option.

There's just too many people who take entirely too seriously. If you can find some chill people though its actually pretty fun. The first run was fine, less then 30 mins, fun.  Its the 2nd run with the elitism that was a problem. Over an hour, boss alone was 30 mins.

I had both of those plus a split chamber, a reload mod and toxin. I put a catalyst in it, it was good. I really didn't use it i used my sidearm, Telos Akboltos, maxxed and modded.

Alright lets look at some simicrum results:

m3MYJuh.jpg

YpJUAq2.jpg

LIOpkmc.jpg

with that build that you can see in the picture, it took 2 shots on average to kill a level 80 elite lancer WITHOUT ARMOR(augment mod)(the ones that spawn in the first part of raid)

Edited by evil_m3nace

TL;DR.

GET A CLAN

What does "TL;DR" stand for? I always wondered.

Im not a "clan" person but Im in a clan. Im the only one left playing in this clan nut i dont leave it because it has its uses without me having to high profile. Clans MR restrict as well and i dont like that. Some even age restrict or sex restrict.

Yeah, I don't usually bother soloing T3 survival beyond 40 minutes.

There really isnt a point when i have more keys.

Alright lets look at some simicrum results:

m3MYJuh.jpg

YpJUAq2.jpg

LIOpkmc.jpg

with that build that you can see in the picture, it took 2 shots on average to kill a level 80 elite lancer WITHOUT ARMOR(augment mod)(the ones that spawn in the first part of raid)

Im not sure what your point is. I was using my sidearm 95% of the time.

There really isnt a point when i have more keys.

Im not sure what your point is. I was using my sidearm 95% of the time.

so in other words, the gun that was ''just fine'' was not just fine.

If you are going on a raid with others that you dont know, always bring max gear and do your job in the most efficient manner possible.