Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Really Disappointed With The New Melee Weapons

Oranjeboom

Basically the machete and dual cleavers

Machete is 1 handed (was surprised), single target sword with nothing...interesting, its like a reskined skana...

Dual Cleavers are exactly the same as dual zoren...just no reason to pick them over zoren

so much potential, wasted.

Just browsed through the stats on the Warframe Wikia... It's not pretty.

BUT.

If the snipetron is anything to go by... These weapons, like the Grakata, etc. will probably disappear when the game goes final. I don't know more than anyone else here in the forums, but it only makes sense as these Grineer weapons aren't really even sidegrades. Collectors though would find it attractive to have the weapons of the enemy in their arsenal.

Pure speculation on my part, but what other reasons would DE have for releasing them?

Edited by sushidubya

DE could play with the numbers a bit to differentiate them from existing weapons, if they want to.

I'd suggest simple stuff, like making cleaver/machete less powerful but faster than their counterparts, or vise versa. Or perhaps they could add some special effects like an inherit elemental. Just a thought.

Edited by HomeyCDawg

BUT.

If the snipetron is anything to go by... These weapons, like the Grakata, etc. will probably disappear when the game goes final. I don't know more than anyone else here in the forums, but it only makes sense as these Grineer weapons aren't really even sidegrades. Collectors though would find it attractive to have the weapons of the enemy in their arsenal.

Pure speculation on my part, but what other reasons would DE have for releasing them?

collectors get slots to have all the guns, or to max them out to get mastery points, thats why new guns are released.

And on topic, just cause a new weapon is released, doesnt mean it will be better than current ones, some will be better, others worse, it all depends truely, and some people might just find Dual Cleavers nicer, as you prefer Dual Zoren. =)

They could make them something similar to fargor, with the armor piercing and stuff...too many "extra dmg vs infested" to choose from

Or give them something elemental

or new animation / sounds

anything to make me pick them instead of something i already own at lvl 30 and prolly supercharged too.

collectors get slots to have all the guns, or to max them out to get mastery points, thats why new guns are released.

And on topic, just cause a new weapon is released, doesnt mean it will be better than current ones, some will be better, others worse, it all depends truely, and some people might just find Dual Cleavers nicer, as you prefer Dual Zoren. =)

lol you read my mind...

They could make them something similar to fargor, with the armor piercing and stuff...too many "extra dmg vs infested" to choose from

Or give them something elemental

or new animation / sounds

anything to make me pick them instead of something i already own at lvl 30 and prolly supercharged too.

Got level 30 Dual Zorens that are super charged. The Dual Clevers are a neat little thing, but not worth picking up if you are happy with the Zorens. Would probably opt for using Cleavers if not for having that potato in the axes.

However no new animations is starting to get grating. How many weapons are gonna use the exact same attack pattern?

Edited by TheChaffeemancer

Got level 30 Dual Zorens that are super charged. The Dual Clevers are a neat little thing, but not worth picking up if you are happy with the Zorens. Would probably opt for using Cleavers if not for having that potato in the axes.

However no new animations is starting to get grating. How many weapons are gonna use the exact same attack pattern?

You'd have thought they've played Ninja Gaiden before. LOL. Though mo-capping that stuff must be intensely difficult, it would add so much to Warframe. Then again, Ryu Hayabusa had no guns or special powers (well he had some powers though didn't he) I wouldn't write it off for the future. If progression from U7-8 is anything to go by we're going to lots more toys in the future.

Edited by sushidubya

Complaint with no actual suggestions.

Dear DE please add a lipstick melee equip, So I can kiss eveyone to death.

suggested a few posts later.

but really you dont see a problem when a new melee weapon comes out and its identical with the starter weapon? outclassed by 90% of the other weapons?

BUT.

Snipetron was only temp removed because it wasn't shooting lazors yet.

As for all the other weapons, mostly I assume for Mastery rank, specific thematic loadouts (full grineer for a challenge?) or just for style reasons. It's the same reason why people still vouch for the Grakata even now.