Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Really Disappointed With The New Melee Weapons

Oranjeboom

If each new introduced weapon ended up having better stats that the weapons already in used you know that everyone would just float over to the new weapons and no one would use the older ones. Then there would be endless complains about needing to buff the older weapons because in reality, "there are only X amount of weapons in game because who is going to use Y weak weapon, etc,etc."

Is basically like the Hek, when people ask for suggestions of shotguns people just scream Hek and say screw all others.

This has not been confirmed, unless they stated it later. They never said it was a temporary or a permanent removal.

In a PM conversation I had with DERebecca earlier, she had this to say on the topic, "It will be making a limited return if we can secure resources from Corpus Outposts."  Likewise, Grineeer said this when I asked him, "keep your ears open for future updates."  It seems like it will indeed be making a return at some point.  We just have to be patient and see when and how.

As for the OP, I do somewhat agree.  I like that there are weapons with similar but varied stats, but I don't like just how redundant some of them are.  Spice them up a bit with procs or unique animations and deaths.  Something to give them a little more flare so that they stand out.

Edited by Wriith

In a PM conversation I had with DERebecca earlier, she had this to say on the topic, "It will be making a limited return if we can secure resources from Corpus Outposts."  Likewise, Grineeer said this when I asked him, "keep your ears open for future updates."  It seems like it will indeed be making a return at some point.  We just have to be patient and see when and how.

So we don't really know yet. DE might, but they haven't told us. Though the first bit sounds like it will be a permanent decomission, only with the possibility of a future, temporary return.

So we don't really know yet. DE might, but they haven't told us. Though the first bit sounds like it will be a permanent decomission, only with the possibility of a future, temporary return.

That's more or less what I'm gathering.  We will hopefully be able to get it again at some point, but we do not know how or when and under what circumstances.

Edited by Wriith

A good animator doesn't need mocap to do new fighting moves. It helps to save a lot of time, yeah, but isn't absolutely necessary, and a good combination of both (classic and mocap) leads to a really good result.

They should make new animations for each new melee weapon in the game, almost all of them are the same right now, and that's really depressing. If not, they should give each unique mods with unique abilities for them, like more reach, special air moves, different slide attacks, speed movement increase, reflecting bullets, plasma slashes ala Ninja Scroll, absorb life, etc, etc. Glaive could benefit of a tracking/pierce mod for example.

With more incentives to collect them, we'll buy more of them, and more slots!

Edited by Alexandeath