Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea For Ash Ult (Cosmetic And Speed)

mesmer

with so many ultimate abilities that just destroy an entire area in an instant why does ash's have to take so long to do the same thing? it doesnt.

ashs ultimate ability is perfectly fine for a stealthy offense based assassin the problem is only the animation of it.

instead of having to watch ash slowly dash between enemies (some of whom have already been killed by your allies)

the camera zoomed back about twice as far as it does when it "tunnel visions". in a flash the color of your energy  you see ash rapidly (over 1/2 seconds) dash and slice between enemies almost as if hes just a beam of light.

ash's ult is slow, and just visually not on par with the rest of the abilities in the game. it sort of looks like a place holder, but to make it worse the place holders speed effects the mechanical use of the ability.

the actual slicing animations are fine, im just proposing 4 things.

-the time it takes to complete be sped up to about 1-2 seconds

-the animation of him slashing be increased or even used only every 3 or 4 slices (we couldnt even track him cutting that many times with human eyes)

-maybe some sort of glow, or a stream behind him, or even after shadows as he rapidly ends enemies.

-lastly because it would be cool to watch from ash's view, the camera be zoomed back further so you dont become disoriented watching ash move at, dare i say blade storm speeds like 20 times in 1 second.

it be cool if you guys could do a demo version of this where its just zoomed out and faster just to see how players respond to it. i dont  think that would be too difficult

I'd love to see him blinking or dashing past enemies while he cuts them. If it was enjoyable to look at I wouldn't mind the long duration. Now the camera spazzes out and and goes tunnelvision while I see awkward animation + big damage numbers pop up.

I'd love to see him blinking or dashing past enemies while he cuts them. If it was enjoyable to look at I wouldn't mind the long duration. Now the camera spazzes out and and goes tunnelvision while I see awkward animation + big damage numbers pop up.

This.

i agree and disagree

i do mind how long it can takes, but its not because i dont want to see how cool it look.

thats why i think if it had a stronger visual where he blinks or clones or flashes with a stream behind him that would be the cool visual part we need while still clearing a group with the same speed as anybody else.

i was just in a mission right before i posted this and a teammate downed not even 2 feet away from me and he died because bladestorm took like 10 seconds to finish.

I think deploying a bunch of doppelgangers that appear behind enemies and simultaneously perform an execute would be more interesting. Since it ignores armor, they might have to tweak the damage or just leave a target cap on it.

Speaking of armor ignore, I hate how mag's crush is affected by armor. I wish they would make all of the ults ignore armor/resists and adjust their damage and/or add target limits. On high level defense after so many waves, such ults become pretty useless. Miasma seems to be the only one that doesn't get reduced this way, and I would like to see the other warframes get this kind of treatment.

I'd like to see it turn into a ninja version of Slash Dash. It would have a much wider aoe than Slash Dash; The camera would stay at Ash's current location but he would teleport to all enemies in a large frontal area(not in a radius) and slash them causing them to freeze in a stunned animation. He would then teleport to the end of the dash and the camera shifts back to him while enemies unfreeze and die in a pool of blood.

I prefer it to actually kill the intended number of enemies in the that specific part of the map you're in, instead of the limited range. I went into a room once and it had more than 20 enemies, used it and it only killed 3 enemies.

Also, would prefer the animation to be faster, something like juggernaut's ulti, the omni slash, from dota 2. Reason being said so is because other frames ulti will always kill steal yours, because of its slowness.