Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bombard Rework

misoru2012

Bombards are pretty dangerous at higher levels, but they don't create a sense of urgency with their slow rockets. What I propose is that their rockets be much faster (about the speed of our Ogris), but lose its homing capability. This way you don't simply pick off their slow rockets and then shoot them, but use parkour 2.0 to avoid them WHILE shooting them. I think this change would help increase the momentum of Bombard encounters and make for more exciting and fast-paced gameplay.

Rockets are easy enough to avoid.  Just rush and sidestep.

At which point the rocket makes a 180-degree turn, follows you back the other way for ten seconds and slams into you from behind after you get into the next room, having come through the door behind you. Corrupted Bombard rockets have much tighter turning capability than regular Bombards, that doesn't work.

I completely agree, I'd much prefer to be dealing with fast, loud rockets that DON'T follow us than silent, slow-as-hell ones that do.

At which point the rocket makes a 180-degree turn, follows you back the other way for ten seconds and slams into you from behind after you get into the next room, having come through the door behind you. Corrupted Bombard rockets have much tighter turning capability than regular Bombards, that doesn't work.

I completely agree, I'd much prefer to be dealing with fast, loud rockets that DON'T follow us than silent, slow-as-hell ones that do.

I've never seen that happen and I've been spending a ton of time in Void def missions to level the new stuff up..  Use cover or rush and sidestep.

Why not both?  The bombard would have the same ogris shot we have as default, but can occasionaly switch to the seeking missile.  The counter to this would be that the "Seeking Missiles" would have a waypoint + a loud, constant sound to let the player know they have a missile locked on to them.

Basically give a larger mechanical benefit to moving constantly at the later levels.  Thoughts?