Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.0.4

DE_Adam

Because it didn't work as intended.

Seriously, sometimes I fear for the human race...

That's how it was intended. More power strength meant more rerolls. Upto 4x. If this was not case. Why not fix or announce it wasn't working as intended?

Now Nekros is the frame to use again to farm. Hydroid required to mod very specifically to get best out of it which also required using up a slot. Nekros doesn't need a mod to gain you extra loot.

Edited by Husla

Changes:

• The drop rates from the Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will no longer be affected by Power Strength.
  • The Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will now generate drops for enemies that are slain being held by tentacles, not just dying from the tentacle’s appearing. In short, enemies don't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance.

Well started to like hydroid cape made him look cool as a cucumber. I don't understand why they just don't put a cap ont he power strength of pilfering storm or something but w/e. Hopefully we see a rework or buff or something his skills are so meh.

Can somebody please enlighten me why the new pilfering swarm is bad?

I can finally pin down high lvl enemies with the tentacles and immediately send them a greeting from my Tonkor, without waiting for them to be strangled to death first.

Where is the downside? o__O

Easy:

5x drop reduced to 2x drop

Though this increases, what some say, "viability" for late game his ulti is lackluster and rarely hits all the targets.

Playing at levels where Tentacle Swarm doesn't one shot is generally a tier of enemies you will NEVER find a hydroid player because there are simply far greater frames to play that can take his place.

In the end this is a major blow, once again, to newer players. Those of us that have tons of in mission time and a ton of mats don't really care too much about this nerf and those are the main ones siding with DE. I simply choose not to because i'm not a complete "$&*^" and i would gladly help lowbies farm materials using hydroid. Now that he has been nerfed as a farming frame though i will likely play with real dps frames which makes me look more like a $&*^ for killing all the mobs before the lower players get to them. You could say i shouldn't play the lower tier missions but that would only harm the community as it is still a major complaint that players have to slog through solo on most planets.

P.S If you use the tonkor you will essentially kill the majority of the mob outside the tentacles effectively causing you to lose out on the double drop :p

Most of hydroid users UNDERSTAND they now can build for duration/range and let teammates kill the enemies, yup that's nice and inclusive.

The tears of people are about getting much less loot and hydroid being useful only for that cursed augment mod, that's clearly a shoutout for a needed rework.

And to DE, even after this change hydroid still is only truly useful for pilfering swarm, that should be enough to realize he needs a complete overhaul.

Edited by Zaniux

So, what's the ETA on the multiple melee bugs that need to be fixed? There are multiple threads about the problems, everything from being locked out of melee and dodging to the Prisma Dual Cleavers still not damaging enemies!

Seriously, I love this game, and I love what we now have in U17, but it's really starting to feel like you're completely giving melee players the shaft by continuing to leave these issues unaddressed.

Most of hydroid users UNDERSTAND they now can build for duration/range and let teammates kill the enemies, yup that's nice and inclusive.

The tears of people are about getting much less loot and hydroid being useful only for that cursed augment mod, that's clearly a shoutout for a needed rework.

And to DE, even after this change hydroid still is only truly useful for pilfering swarm, that should be enough to realize he needs a complete overhaul.

Yeah he needs some love honestly.

So, what's the ETA on the multiple melee bugs that need to be fixed? There are multiple threads about the problems, everything from being locked out of melee and dodging to the Prisma Dual Cleavers still not damaging enemies!

Seriously, I love this game, and I love what we now have in U17, but it's really starting to feel like you're completely giving melee players the shaft by continuing to leave these issues unaddressed.

Yeah im somehow missing an enemy that is 1 foot, if even that, away with a massive hammer that goes right through them gets pretty annoying.

You guys are spoiled. Before nekros there was nothing, & we were fine. We didn't even have survivals or excavations to farm. Be happy DE didn't buff hydroid. Have you seen how they buff? *cough* ember *cough* pretty sure hes better off with a nerf. Also if u read he doesn't have to kill them to loot so it's still viable to have a hydroid with a nekros @least in dark sector defenses. Also hyrdroids pilfer was broken so stop whining 20 rounds in a dark sector defense should not yield u 150+ bronze cores. Thats 5 times better than r5 core farming and that should never be the case.

I was one that started fairly early on in this game and yes, we didn't have the farming capabilities that they have now, you forget that there wasn't even a quarter of the items to acquire that there are now. It was far more basic farming but far less to farm for.

As far as me personally, after playing this game for a long time, accepted the fact that the RNG gods were completely ignoring me. I farmed until my eyes crossed trying to get anything close to what others seemed to get easily. After (more hours than I care to mention) of doing farming, trading, buying, selling could still not acquire items that everyone else seemed to get still I pushed on. 

I get 4 mods away from FINALLY having (excluding worked on syndicate mods) which I will be getting, from having every mod in the game except Primed Chamber and Legendary fusion core which I don't even consider and using the abilities of Hydroid and such for a hope to get a bit more out of my seemingly RNG lacking account, I still haven't gotten HATE from the Stalker, year and a half and nothing? (Just had to throw that in there). It does tend to hit a bit harder when something is nerfed. 

I have solo'd most of my games, being nauseated by players who boss, complain and can't do 2 rounds of defense without quitting. Survival? Right, after 5 min I always hear "When are we leaving?". Speed running through missions with no farming threw me into solo mode near completely. I like to farm, I like to get most of the crates and lockers, check out maps and have fun. This game, by making soloing so tough now, taking away farming abilities as with Hydroid and such are pretty much destroying options for (mainly) solo players like myself. If I HAVE to endure playing with these irritating players (not all players of course) or give up playing at all, at this point I would choose not at all. 

I enjoy this game, I play it exclusively but the more it progresses, the more I feel it's leaning towards impatient children who throw their money at DE buying everything in sight. It's turning into League of Legends. If you put a game out there for people to enjoy and play, then it should be just that. Fixing REAL issues, fine, but not taking away odds and ends that made the game fun to begin with. This is NOT LOL where you can just keep nerfing things, you do that here and you are chipping away at a foundation of a game that makes it fun.  

RIP HYDROID UPVOTE THIS IF U WANT THE OLD HYDROID BACK! FREEEEE HYDROID

I don't.

I want rare resources to be made easier to get by playing the game, not by setting up a slaughter assemblyline and leaning on loot-frame crutches.

But since that's not going to happen, yeah, at least gimme back Pilfering Swarm.

-----

Hydroid "nerf". Really guys, something changes in your farming methods and

hqg-418-520x245.gif

Farming methods come and go.

Farming tools do not.

We have, count 'em: Pilfering Swarm. Desecrate.

"Mag is only useful with greedy pull." Continues to annhilate everything arfter augment change.

She's not only useful with GPull.

• The drop rates from the Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will no longer be affected by Power Strength.
A) "Power strength increases drop rate." Yeah I would say that was not intended, so this is probably a fix rather then a change.
  •  

Which is why no one ever said anything about it (and it's been on the wiki) ever, until suddenly there's a unit that drops a guaranteed rare resource.

Then it's patched within ~3 days.

Yup, totally not intended as opposed to an anti-farming reaction.

The Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will now generate drops for enemies that are slain being held by tentacles, not just dying from the tentacle’s appearing. In short, enemies don't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance.B) This is actualy helpful for you. It means that anything that comes in contact with your tentacles has an added drop rate. This way you'll probably get more loot then before as more enemies get affected.

All these people considering Hydroid's changes as nerf... And i'm here like: "really people?". -.-

To all the people saying that this isn't a nerf to Hydroid:

Max power str let a solo Hydroid get 2 extra guaranteed drops and another 84% chance for a third.

Using a rank 7 Blind Rage, to keep 50% efficiency dropped the 3rd extra drop down to 57%

A Max power Str with an unmodded rank 30 Equinox could get 3 assured extra drops (+20% Power Str on Provoke for +204% Power Str).

To get an assured 3rd extra drop with 50% Eff, you'd need a max str Equinox, but it was doable.

Max Str both gives 3 assured extra drops, and 34% chance of a 4th extra drop, for a grand total of 5 possible drops.

With supporting auras and nothing else, that Hydroid could kill stuff using just the Tentacles for up to ~40 minutes on Ophelia, for ~33 minutes of high octane farming (subject to spawn rates and compositions).

Now, you can get 1 extra drop for forever.

Down from 4.

Assuming that the target in on the tentacle. (And if you think that's not a limiting factor, clearly you haven't tried targeting something with Tentacle Swarm in a while.

And how many people will farm for resources for more then 40 minutes/level ~60?

This is a buff to hydroids with less than +75% power strength.

It is a nerf to anyone else.

-----

<snip> We're currently investigating the issue, any more detail on how to reproduce the bug would be greatly appreciated :)

Acknowledgement! Thank you :D

Edited by Chroia

Not that I'm defending them (I'm just as pissed as anyone about the blocking changes and would love some official word on that), but you act as though they're refusing to fix bugs that they could easily fix if they wanted to.  I seriously doubt that is the case.

Let me educate you about DE's business model fellow Tenno :

DE uses a heavily weighted RNG system (everyone telling they don't just doesn't know what that term means, is in denial or simply too "simple-minded" to understand, sadly) to artificially lenghten the game's "life" and generate more income. Since the Pilfering Swarm augment was one of the rare counters to this system (since it compensated for the abysmal droprates of certain resources/parts), they had to tone it down a few notches. Because it allowed players to get the shiny stuff faster. Which means it made them lose money. Yes, it is that simple. You don't need to look for any other answer. It is all about money. It's a business, not a charity, remember? They have bills to pay too.

Now, this marketing scheme is disingenuous, and makes DE look a tad like Activision and their CoD marketing strategy (they most probably took a few hints from them, judging by how they changed things this past year and a half). But they don't really care. Because they cater to new customers, not "vets". New customers are much more likely to spend money than veterans, for obvious reasons. Warframe is all about horizontal content. The game has no vertical content to speak of. No depth. It's like a big, shallow puddle (wink wink Hydroid). They create a lot of shiny stuff they want you to buy. To make as much money as possible. Weapons, skins, stuff that require as little work and time investment on their part as possible, to cut costs and optimize returns. The fact that it cause the ire of a few customers is not important, as long as the majority goes through the motions, and follows like good, obedient cattle. Which is generally what happens, because a good chunk of the playerbase isn't spending their money, but their mom's and dad's. Sorry, but that the cold, hard truth.

Now that doesn't mean DE is the Devil. Remember, this game IS a free to play. AND you can get just about everything without spending a cent (since the interest of using weighted RNG). They just follow the business model that works best on short terms. Which might come back to bite them in the @ss pretty hard at some point in the future. But like most human beings, the ones in charge do not think that far. Just like most players do not think that far. We are all creatures of the immediate after all. We seek the shortest possible route to satisfaction most of the time. which can lead to rather awkward or frankly disastrous situations.

I still think our dear devs are among the very few "good guys" though. They actually do work their @sses off, granted half the time to fix stuff they broke before. But hey, to make a blunder you have to be doing stuff in the first place. Unlike other "big" companies who really do jack sh!t and just take your money without a care, there is still hope here. Not as much as I'd personally like, but still, it's there. Which is why I say we really shouldn't let that kind of thing go. We should bark and bark and bark, to keep DE "in line" with themselves. It worked before. Even with the most infamous companies, surprisingly enough.

Also DE, I beg you, give us some of that vertical content you promised time and time again now. Pretty please?

Edited by Marthrym

this is a saddening display for hidroid, his tentacles were already hard to aim, but since the loot amount depended on power strenght, the tentacles killed the intended targets and everything that touched them in low level missions, wich is where you do resourse farming and mod farming, (against wild kubros on earth by example) now the ability to tag enemys might seem good on paper but you still got to acount how hard is it to enemys to get trapped in, and even so, power frames and kill addicts will still obliterate everything before the tentacles tag them, more reason now tentacles only ment X2 drops, wich nekros already did BY DEFAULT hidroid is using a sindicate mod wich requeris you to treach lvl 4 on that sindicate plus the 25000 standing plus building up your power strenght on rare vault corrupted mods, soo yeah it was fair as it was, the problem was AND STILL IS the tentales spaming outside the resalted area of the ability, or spawming where enemys cant get

What's the gaddamn point in it being longer if a base chance of drop is garbage? I'd rather have 3 seconds of high chance instead of 3 minutes of nothing.

If its a "strategy" to move the discussion from parkour 2.0 and exilus slots being useless, restrictive pieces of S#&$, which hinders versatility of Warframes, then it succeeded greatly (still a scumbag move ofc). 

If its a reaction to people farming Ophelia with Hydroid + Equinox (or simply Hydroid in general to push people to buy more resource boosters, i am sure double resources weekends are going to be a more of a common occurrence), then its a really dumb decision which makes yet another frame completely useless. If Devs played the game, they would knew that tentacles are buggy as hell and building for duration is just about the dumbest build you could go for + the fact that no one is going to farm to 40+ minutes, its just inefficient. 

But back to our Hydroid - i wasted my time and Forma to polarize the frame for power strength, now its useless, where is my compensation or a "special forma" which will allow me to to polarize a slot for free, without the need to re-level? 

Let me educate you about DE's business model fellow Tenno :

And let me educate you as well. 

First of all your statement..

But they don't really care. Because they cater to new customers, not "vets""

Do you even know how much time and\or money is put into this game by VETS as opposed to new players? I'm guessing you don't actually have any proof whatsoever that new players may bring in more income than vet players. Veteran players can spend just as much on new items as new players can getting into the game. (New players bring in revenue, more players do, but it doesn't mean that they will continue to do so or that they will over all bring in more)

Bringing new things to Warframe is one thing, slashing things that make it fun is not catering to new customers and has nothing to do with the business model in the regard of your supposed education. 

Your statement is both ignorant and insulting, especially since you put yourself on your own pedestal of supposed knowledge of how DE is run. 

Sure we know they have to bring in more players, sure they have bills to pay but I'm guessing they make more money in a year than I'll ever see in my life time so don't expect any damn sympathy from me in that regard. What, you thought DE were the only ones working for a paycheck? Silly man.

If in fact your statement IS true in any sense of the word, I for one would tell DE where to stick their game and I'm guessing so would many others. I  can't speak for everyone but I know a lot of VETS in this game don't just own everything and play just to play, we do the same things the new comers do and bring in revenue for DE. 

Your attempt to educate :mission failed:

Edited by Drastic2000