Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.0.4

DE_Adam

If its a "strategy" to move the discussion from parkour 2.0 and exilus slots being useless, restrictive pieces of S#&$, which hinders versatility of Warframes, then it succeeded greatly (still a scumbag move ofc). 

If its a reaction to people farming Ophelia with Hydroid + Equinox (or simply Hydroid in general to push people to buy more resource boosters, i am sure double resources weekends are going to be a more of a common occurrence), then its a really dumb decision which makes yet another frame completely useless. If Devs played the game, they would knew that tentacles are buggy as hell and building for duration is just about the dumbest build you could go for + the fact that no one is going to farm to 40+ minutes, its just inefficient. 

But back to our Hydroid - i wasted my time and Forma to polarize the frame for power strength, now its useless, where is my compensation or a "special forma" which will allow me to to polarize a slot for free, without the need to re-level? 

Speaking of forma leveling, I don't see why forma'd things don't gain affinity faster to compensate. Some weapons need 4-5 forma to even be useable in high-level tower junk, but leveling the same weapons at the same rate that many times is painful in the least. I get that they don't care might not have noticed the threads, but this seems like a no-brainer.

Most of hydroid users UNDERSTAND they now can build for duration/range and let teammates kill the enemies, yup that's nice and inclusive.

The tears of people are about getting much less loot and hydroid being useful only for that cursed augment mod, that's clearly a shoutout for a needed rework.

And to DE, even after this change hydroid still is only truly useful for pilfering swarm, that should be enough to realize he needs a complete overhaul.

Hydroid tentacle was already unpredictable. Sometimes they entangle enemies sometimes they just smack them. The only reason

Hydroid > Nekros before this nerf was due to the possible 4x drop rate. while Nekros only had 2x. 

As of now Nekros is far superior since he can desecrate every single dead body for 2x drop while Hydroid has to pray that the enemy get entangle first before killing it. While Nekros can just get Mesa or another press 4 to win frame to kill everything around. 

Most of hydroid users UNDERSTAND they now can build for duration/range and let teammates kill the enemies, yup that's nice and inclusive.

You clearly never used Hydroid or tested him with various builds.

Modding for duration is just bad overall. The spawn location of newly cast tenticles is far superior to already cast tenticles that are flopping around and (hopefully) grabbing targets. There is also the problem of being unable to recast them in a dynamic environment. Check the wiki, there should be an accurate description of how this ability functions.

As for what happens when you put too much range on Hydroid, now thats just a whole 'nother level of uselessness in both wasted mod slots and the effect it has on the ability. It is random enough already, no need to make it more so.

I'm just surprised they haven't learnt to

1. Announce changes in advance and explain them, the fact that this would be deeply unpopular had to been known in advance, unless the dev team really are out of touch with how people play the game. 

2. Not throw in changes then not explain them and then let the community fest and feed the fire. Especially don't pretend they aren't nerfs, which is how this came across, even if thats inaccurate.

3. Stop trying to get rid of loot caves.

Hydroid tentacle was already unpredictable. Sometimes they entangle enemies sometimes they just smack them. The only reason

Hydroid > Nekros before this nerf was due to the possible 4x drop rate. while Nekros only had 2x. 

As of now Nekros is far superior since he can desecrate every single dead body for 2x drop while Hydroid has to pray that the enemy get entangle first before killing it. While Nekros can just get Mesa or another press 4 to win frame to kill everything around. 

Actually Nekros doesn't have a x2 drop with desecrate instead it is 90%. What he does have is guaranteed health orbs and a 90% chance to drop an extra item from dead bodies which like the current hydroid is not affected by str mods. The other negative to Nekros is that his Desecrate is extremely unreliable, just like those sexy hydroid tentacles (lol), as i have literally spammed that skill and enemies still wouldn't desecrate. They need to patch that skill to a cost over time skill that players can just turn on and go because as it stands that skill is the exact reason most won't play him as they stand around using that skill rather than killing enemies most of the time. It is also the number one killer of most players that do play him as the animation is forced and locks you down much like a kd or stagger leaving you defenseless and completely reliant on your team to both kill the enemies and protect you while you desecrate.

What's the gaddamn point in it being longer if a base chance of drop is garbage? I'd rather have 3 seconds of high chance instead of 3 minutes of nothing.

You clearly never used Hydroid or tested him with various builds.

Modding for duration is just bad overall. The spawn location of newly cast tenticles is far superior to already cast tenticles that are flopping around and (hopefully) grabbing targets. There is also the problem of being unable to recast them in a dynamic environment. Check the wiki, there should be an accurate description of how this ability functions.

As for what happens when you put too much range on Hydroid, now thats just a whole 'nother level of uselessness in both wasted mod slots and the effect it has on the ability. It is random enough already, no need to make it more so.

To all of you:

I don't like the change either. I was trying to say the obvious thing to all people saying this is a buff, when it's clearly a nerf.

And yes, I've tried differents builds, probably more than the common people.

And yes I know it's was much better with max str/low duration, no need to explain me how to play.

• Mag’s Greedy Pull Augment Mod will no longer pull Syndicate Medallions.

WTF ? I never knew about that and I dont have a single memory of it being mentioned here in the forums or on any YT vid. -_-

Holy sh*t. it could do that?

I asked myself the same thing...

Did you fix Underwater tileset from breaking? 

Actually amazing how unplayable this tileset still is after 4 hotfixes that did not address any problems with it at all.

And melee's still broken beyond belief as well.

But no let's nerf bottom of the barrel Hydroid for some reason. That was necessary.

You guys do realize they don't even know what causes some of these bugs so they have to go digging through code and such heck the melee problem has a thread that says their investigating the issue atm so cool your tattas people.

Edited by Freed85

And let me educate you as well. 

First of all your statement..

But they don't really care. Because they cater to new customers, not "vets""

Do you even know how much time and\or money is put into this game by VETS as opposed to new players? I'm guessing you don't actually have any proof whatsoever that new players may bring in more income than vet players. Veteran players can spend just as much on new items as new players can getting into the game. (New players bring in revenue, more players do, but it doesn't mean that they will continue to do so or that they will over all bring in more)

Bringing new things to Warframe is one thing, slashing things that make it fun is not catering to new customers and has nothing to do with the business model in the regard of your supposed education. 

Your statement is both ignorant and insulting, especially since you put yourself on your own pedestal of supposed knowledge of how DE is run. 

Sure we know they have to bring in more players, sure they have bills to pay but I'm guessing they make more money in a year than I'll ever see in my life time so don't expect any damn sympathy from me in that regard. What, you thought DE were the only ones working for a paycheck? Silly man.

If in fact your statement IS true in any sense of the word, I for one would tell DE where to stick their game and I'm guessing so would many others. I  can't speak for everyone but I know a lot of VETS in this game don't just own everything and play just to play, we do the same things the new comers do and bring in revenue for DE. 

Your attempt to educate :mission failed:

Alright, let me rephrase so even you can understand : a new customer is, both by definition and simple logic, more likely to spend money in a game like Warframe, for, again, obvious reasons. Since these obvious reasons seem to be beyond your understanding, I'm going to help you :

A new customer is not very likely to already have in their possession most of the frames and weapons when they start playing. A veteran, on the other hand, is much more likely to have spent money to get what they really wanted without having to go through the RNG and the timewalls, and the rest by playing, and enjoying what they have bought in the process. Like I said, LOGIC at work.

A new player hasn't spent any money on the game yet (DUH). A veteran is likely to already have. New players are like new blood. Veterans are like old blood. Even more so with Warframe, where most of the content is horizontal. Basically, lots of shiny stuff. Not so much story and more intricate content to explore with said shiny stuff. A new customer is discovering everything. Everything is "new". A veteran knows pretty much everything there is to know, at least about what weapon might be more efficient at doing what they're supposed to do. The point is, there is generally much more incentive for a new player to spend money than for a veteran. Sure you have frame and weapon skins. Sure you have Prime Access Packs roughly every 3 months. They are obviously (again...) created to appeal to every player. There is always something like that in that kind of game. Game developpers are not stupid. They know business 101.

But tell me, between hundreds of shinies and a whole new "world" to discover, and a few skins that may or may not please you aesthetically, and a PA pack every 3 months with most of its content obtainable through the game, and the other part likely to come back in other PA packs (because it can, anyone that read the Q&A on the site knows that) and again, not necessarily appealing because they don't have any practical use or advantage and are purely cosmetic, which category of player do you think is actually more likely to spend money, and in which quantity? Hmm? Isn't the fact that a vet has indeed put a lot more time and money in the game a good indicator that they might not be so willing to spend much more? They know how to get platinum, they probably have spare parts to trade, have clans/alliances and friends to trade with not with plat, but part for part, which means more platinum saved for more store merch to get without spending a cent?

I tried to avoid being directly insulting and aggressive as much as I could, unlike you. I have to admit, I may have failed here... Sorry, I guess.

Edited by Marthrym

Daikyu: The sound is not the problem (it was annoying though). The problem is like this, When I fire my Cernos or my Paris; I hold the trigger button, the bow charges. When I release the trigger button, the arrow fires. If I press and hold the trigger button instantly after I release the arrow, my Tenno grabs a new arrow from his quiver and the bow begins to pull back once the arrow gets to the bow. If I do the same procedure with the Daikyu; charge, release, hold trigger instantly, the bow does not begin to charge the next shot. If I press the trigger button Before the arrow meets the bow (during reloading, Quiver to bow) it will not charge the next shot. A player must wait 0.6 seconds for the arrow to get from quiver to bow, the exact same reload time as the Cernos and the Paris, but they don't have this annoying trigger block. I hope this explanation helps with fixing the Daikyu. It's my favorite bow and it's just been sitting in my inventory since U17.