Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.0.4

DE_Adam

So you're saying it's cool to punish veterans by ever increasing the grind because unsuspecting newcomers will be so overwhelmed by the grind that they'll almost have to pay money to get anywhere in the game? What an admirable business model. 

Couldn't have said it better myself. Two thumbs up!

The problem with this idea is that strength and efficiency are the only things to bother modding for with hydroid.  At all.

His 1 no longer has enough base duration for Duration modding to make it an area lockdown (hasn't been for months now), and even then modding for duration was questionable without narrow minded and a choke point because you can't recast until it's done.  Increasing range means it doesn't actually hit anything, and makes it even more likely to waste shots on ceilings/pillars/walls/et cetera.  Efficiency means you can spam it more for trying to hit targets for the knockdown (as long as you tank duration, because you can't recast it until it's over), power makes it do more damage for what it's worth.

His 2 is a joke, range makes it hit more enemies for a knockdown (which he has better ways to do), Duration makes it go farther but lol dash powers in Parkour 2.0 (every dash power is now superjump.  every single one).  Power makes it hit a little harder, decreasing duration makes it not go as far but it's basically a useless power anyway so who cares?  Making two of his other powers really bad in exchange for extra range on a dash power is a joke.

His 3 doesn't care about range, doesn't care about duragion, and power strength doesn't help because its damage is so bad you can't do anything to salvage it.  Efficiency makes it work better, and you can just tap it to instantly knock down every enemy within 9 meters.  Notice how this + bullet jump is better than his 2 entirely, despite costing a third of the energy?

His 4 is really a bad ability that can be jury-rigged into a decent ability by modding strength and efficiency.  The damage on it is really bad, but it gets quadratic improvement from power strength so modding strength helps it a lot.  Efficiency lets you cast it for cheap to use as a combat spell and, conveniently, kills duration.  You don't want duration on it, because enemies don't wander into it and it rarely grabs new enemies - you need to recast it but you can't do that while it's active.  You don't want range on it because it just spreads out the tentacles more, makes them less likely to block off an area from the enemies, and makes tentacles more likely to spawn in completely useless places.

Players don't make strength builds with hydroid to abuse pilfering swarm specifically, they make strength builds with hydroid because Duration and Range will BOTH ruin two of his four powers, while reducing them only hurts his worst power.  They make strength builds because it's the only real way for hydroid to actually accomplish anything. That it also worked with pilfering swarm was icing on the cake.

This - Completely.... Hydroid is a sloppy (no pun intended) designed Warframe. His skills do not synergize well, or have proper usefullness. He was good for one thing, and one thing alone. Spamming 4 with high str, low duration to get drops to lessen the grind that is already beyond asian level.

It's not bad its actually fair, first off don't be lazy and just sit in one place for the whole time during the mission expecting stuff to come to you and second off the medallions actually are meant to be hidden and to make the players search for something to get a reward out of it, so its more logical for them to do this change and the other change a while back a thing.

spot on +1

For those complaining about hydroid, consider this:

This is in all actuality a buff to that augment due to the following:

The augment was only working on things killed with tentacle swarm on their way OUT or on their way back into the ground.

My build for this used to be a1 all 3 power strength mods, and max negative duration.  Which made my tentacles last for about 3 seconds.

After about 20 waves in an ODD -- stuff stops dying from the tentacles and then everything gets #Rekt from other abilities.

Consider this:  Now you can mod for duration / range, perhaps throw a few different mods on- and benefit throughout the entire duration of a mission with the augment, as anything caught in the tentacles that is killed will be dropping extra resources.  I don't know about you all but spamming a 3 second tentacle swarm over and over was very tedious and boring IMO.

Again-- this is just my opinion on the change of one of my favorite mods in the game, because I am currently at like 5k Polymer bundle and about 100 nano spores due to energy restores / trials.

I am ecstatic to try out the change!

Atleast try the change with some different builds before complaining guys!  If you still feel that you don't like it as well - please take it to feedback without raging/bashing...

Last thought: perhaps give things a chance or at least tad longer than 5 seconds after the hotfix is released to start complaining that it was "nerfed".

I am taking overextended + stretch to the derelict and bringing a speed nova with me, Equinox and Ember .... I shall have all the resources!!!!

Or you could have just been smart about it and used a viral torrid to cut infested health in half, and reduced range for swarm on infested defence maps to drop all the random spawning tentacles you normally have no control of on a cryo pod. doing that you could get 40 waves of drops in 10 on any level now with this MASSIVE NERF its min of 20 waves to get the same drops. Increased range still sucks cause the way tentacles spawn has not been fixed AND 3 seconds! hate to inform you but your doing it wrong! I was killing any wave 15 infested any planet in dark sectors pretty easy with my tentacles lasting 33.3 sec and you only needed to stay to wave 15 if you were staying till you couldent kill anything you again are doing it wrong by wave 15 i was near wave 30 in drops no need to stay to wave 30.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Hydroid/t_30_2200233030_5-6-5-6-1-5-8-8-5-12-2-10-49-3-10-55-5-5-411-4-10-479-0-10-492-7-3_479-7-6-6-12-16-49-16-411-8-55-6-5-5-492-9-8-14-f-f_0/en/1-0-24

Best part is U17 huge deal underwater levels! Followed the destruction of the only "WATER WARFRAME" like you gotta try to derp that hard guys this some in office competition? Mind blown spend tons of man hours on water tile sets audio effects make them beautiful and in the moment of glory destroy the only warframe that should call them his home.

Yes its a nerf your post makes me question how much you really dug into hydroid because your method makes me cringe, i wish you coulda tried my build pre nerf.

My hydroid has cried himself into a puddle in a far corner of a uranus tileset

"i hope whoever thought this was a fix steps on a lego tonight because you already done went and ruined Uranus fer the rest of us"

^w^ lol pun intended.

510_i2k1ZQ7ITnGxyCucJ2xN_Pole_Vaul.gif

Edited by Balfaulx

• The drop rates from the Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will no longer be affected by Power Strength.
  • The Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will now generate drops for enemies that are slain being held by tentacles, not just dying from the tentacle’s appearing. In short, enemies don't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance.

One Step forward two step backwards let the grind never stop

Edited by armando92

Wow really RIP Mags Gpull....... again, now that's just dirty i hope this means he'll be getting buffed somehow to make up for taking his utility away from grp play and now theres no advantage to soloing syndicates :(

-snip-

let me see a craft that is amphibious that moves underwater at high speeds? please do show me. the only issue i have with sharkwing is the transition from water to land its still a bit clunky and not fluid at all. oh by the way show me where they made the tileset for hydoid. oh wait they didnt and we all knew it was coming well all those who did tubeman of regor anyway. they did a smashing job on uranus and hydroids augment now allows for better play and team synergy.

Wow really RIP Mags Gpull....... again, now that's just dirty i hope this means he'll be getting buffed somehow to make up for taking his utility away from grp play and now theres no advantage to soloing syndicates :(

mag is a team player. shield polarize has 2 functions restore shields and remove shields from enemies. bullet attractor stops bullet massacres and pull is an effective CC as is Crush so show me where there isnt any team play?

Edited by EinheriarJudith

mag is a team player. shield polarize has 2 functions restore shields and remove shields from enemies. bullet attractor stops bullet massacres and pull is an effective CC as is Crush so show me where there isnt any team play?

I'm loving how you're continuously schooling people! Keep it up, many people seem to need it. :D

Wow, a lot of people think Warframe is "grindy".

I have no idea what to say about that. Thank goodness none of them play actual MMOs. Go play a game by, say, Perfect World, and then tell me warframe is "grindy".

specifically Perfect world international or a game by aeria games specifically shiaya.

I think he means Gpull now has no group use not mag herself and then he's talking about hydroid not having great utility 

let me see a craft that is amphibious that moves underwater at high speeds? please do show me. the only issue i have with sharkwing is the transition from water to land its still a bit clunky and not fluid at all. oh by the way show me where they made the tileset for hydoid. oh wait they didnt and we all knew it was coming well all those who did tubeman of regor anyway. they did a smashing job on uranus and hydroids augment now allows for better play and team synergy.

Hydroid is a water warframe finally we have levels that match him the best nowhere did i say they were made for him.

prob is everyone is shelving him now due to this change and he was somuch fun to use on uranus. "wink"

The killing mobs caught in the tentacles was needed the power reduction to drops not needed.

He now has team synergy but its easier to use necros because the tentacles spawn system is still carp and drops the same amount, therefore hes getting shelved by players again. So team synergy is useless when another frame does it without prerequisites such as mobs have to be in tentacles.

Edited by Balfaulx

• The drop rates from the Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will no longer be affected by Power Strength.
  • The Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will now generate drops for enemies that are slain being held by tentacles, not just dying from the tentacle’s appearing. In short, enemies don't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance.

I don't really like this, but at the same time it doesn't bother me that much. The thing that does bother me, is that this change was announced before the hot fix, and the response was about as unanimous and unanimous gets on internet forums. I understand the community isn't in charge, feedback is feedback, nothing more, none the less, it feels a little hurtful, essentially a change of this nature being presented the way it was. 

specifically Perfect world international or a game by aeria games specifically shiaya.

EEEWWWW played both lev 101 assassin sanctuary server 95 venomancer also their like the chinese EA. I wish blacklight retribution had not gone with them as a pub.

I think he means Gpull now has no group use not mag herself and then he's talking about hydroid not having great utility 

well if thats the case allow me to explain. Greed: intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth, power, or food. greedy pull now works as its name says.

Hydroid has 4 CC abilities when using curative undertow not only does it pull enemies in it regens your team while they are standing on it, Tempest barrage knocks enemies down in its at area(allows you to res team members, set up tentacle swarm or prevent a bullet massacre) Tidal Surge knocks back enemies in its path and tentacle swarm can lock an entire area around its point of origin.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

well if thats the case allow me to explain. Greed: intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth, power, or food. greedy pull now works as its name says.

Hydroid has 4 CC abilities when using curative undertow not only does it pull enemies in it regens your team while they are standing on it, Tempest barrage knocks enemies down in its caster area(allows you to res team members, set up tentacle swarm or prevent a bullet massacre) Tidal Surge knocks back enemies in its path and tentacle swarm can lock an entire area around its point of origin.

Including the celing due to how they spawn with any range increase mod but you know you never can tell when the celing might attack you so atleast your being thorough.