Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.0.4

DE_Adam

This Hydroid fix is absolutely brilliant. People have been abusing this for months, but a casual player like me just learned of it 3 days ago. It was the light at the end of the tunnel. It was the ray of hope that the rest of the game wasn't going to be a time-wasting grind-fest to gather 1000+ cores, run Alad V for the thousandth time for a single neural sensor, or even slog through earth for neurodes. Finally I was looking at a real opportunity to make progress.

And the same day my Hydroid finishes building, you severely nerf the whole reason I got him. It kind of leaves a fowl taste in the mouth. If you nerfed this, what else are you going to nerf? If I find something else fun and enjoyable, will you nerf that too? Hey, I like soloing T4 survival... will you nerf the tower preventing people from soloing it? I can run Nightmare missions over and over in 90 seconds flat. Will you nerf that and adjust the time so Nightmares take a minimum of 10 minutes to run? Who can say.

DE, you seem completely out of touch with reality. It gives me no hope for the rest of the game. I'm done. Theres nothing to look forward to.

I can use my hydro ult all 2 sec and since the tentacle animation last more than 2 sec when i re use it, then first one is still here so i have 2 ult up at the same, just try a build with the lowest power duration.

I wonder why people cry at this hydro changes, he is even better now and finaly allow players to use a duration build.

And If you want your tentacles to spawn proprely, then use them when there are enemies in the area, else they will randomly spawn in the ground, walls.

It is maybe weird to say that but, just learn how to use hydro before to complain ... He is pretty good and pretty fun.

A duration build is terrible.  You said yourself that you use him with minimum duration (IE: no loot from new mod).  Duration is actually bad for all of his abilities except for Tidal surge.

Pilfering Swarm isn't what was preventing people from using duration builds on hydroid.  I was trying to get duration builds to work for MONTHS on hydroid before I ever got pilfering swarm.  They don't work.  They are bad.  Hydroid's abilities are bad.

Believe it or not, tentacles will often just not spawn on enemies even if they're in the area when you cast it!  And will instead just randomly spawn whenever.  The targeting is garbage.  And even if they ARE targeted on enemies, they'll grab those enemies and then do nothing else, because you can't recast it until the duration ends and the tentacles are terrible at actually grabbing other things.

Edited by RHuckebein

"Mag is only useful with greedy pull." Continues to annhilate everything arfter augment change.

"Hydroid is only useful with pilfering swarm." Riiiiight..... So I guess that all those times we played him before augments were even a thing, we were just being useless. Now if people would kindly read the changes:

• The drop rates from the Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will no longer be affected by Power Strength.

A) "Power strength increases drop rate." Yeah I would say that was not intended, so this is probably a fix rather then a change.

• The Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will now generate drops for enemies that are slain being held by tentacles, not just dying from the tentacle’s appearing. In short, enemies don't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance.

B) This is actualy helpful for you. It means that anything that comes in contact with your tentacles has an added drop rate. This way you'll probably get more loot then before as more enemies get affected.

These frames were viable before augments and continue to be viable without augments.

Not even close to truth. We played on Ophelia with Hydroid & Nekros. Hydroid with 3 power strength mods ofc. I nuked the groups in tiny corridors, Nekros desecrated. 10-15 Tellurium each run.

Now? Yeah, right.

I mean, we as players are searching for ways to reduce the grind, while DE are searching for ways to increase it. Don't tell me it's not true, otherwise this change never happened.

I don't understand what's the problem with everyone whining about Hydroid's so-called "nerf"... Are you guys hard on interpretation or something?

The old farming method made any kind of AoE unviable for loot fiesta when Hydroid was on the scene because of that "kill hit has to be from Tentacle Swarm" rule. Now you only need for the tentacles to grab it, and whatever kills it while on them guarantees loot, like for example sniping them with your guns, Molecular Prime, World On Fire, Avalanche, Blade Storm...! AND it also frees the tentacles to grab another enemy, rinse and repeat while it's active! More loot for Pilfering Summon Kraken!

Where's the nerf in that method? Seriously? õ_o

Yeah, but properly modded you could just 1-h-kill whole groups of enemies. It was easy, fast and effective. Now we are back to grind for days just to build one warframe again.

Well, this fix didn't really help that much. I still see the Chesa kubrow carrying only 1 loot at a time. But actually most of the time, it won't even care about loot!

And if you are using Loki and being invisible all the time, forget about the kubrow helping you.

Very nice.  Thank you.

I'm hoping that at some point we see a very few fixes on some older issues that are persistant, like the punch through thing with the Harpak and the Paracyst.

P.S., I'm loving the new movement system.  It's fun, fast, and much better than melee movement.  Great change there, and also loving the archwing transitions.  Hope to see more of those in the future.

• The drop rates from the Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will no longer be affected by Power Strength.
  • The Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will now generate drops for enemies that are slain being held by tentacles, not just dying from the tentacle’s appearing. In short, enemies don't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance.

WE HAD A GOOD RUN 

How is this a bad thing?  It means enemies don't have to be killed by the tentacles for the added drop chance.  And the drop chance is already 100% at max rank anyway.  So what's the big deal?

For those that are crying about how this isn't a nerf. Sure it is.

Think about this: Instead of building for MAX strength/LOW duration/MAX Efficiency (sub-100% drop chance + 100% roll chance + sub-80% roll chance), you just build for NEGATIVE strength/LOW duration/Max Efficiency. Overall, instead of Hydroid killing stuff and getting loot, now he just needs to TICKLE them and get just as much prenerf loot. His other skills are still on the same low duration (ala crap) levels but now they are weak as F*** too. Getting tons of loot wasn't solved and with the right builds, it actually means that enemies are alive much longer to get tentacled (giggity).

Only thing I really want fixed is Tyl Regor's "live dissection" line.  He's a scientist right?  He'd know what vivisection is.

Live dissection is actually correct since that's what a vivisection really is. Changing just the word dissection would make live redundant (ala hdd drive, pc computer).

People still don't realize that you can get a GLORIOUS 384% guaranteed drop rate with a pre-nerf pilfering spawn.

and are instead foolishly welcoming a bullcrap 100% guaranteed drop rate that can't do jack S#&$.

Its like you people have over a quadrillion of every resource and mod and are probably at rank 9001 right now. Why even continue playing? Go play TERA or something and whine there (and probably get hammered).

On the long run, the Hydroid changes are actually buffs. Your "end-game" weapons actually do more damage compared to a maximum power strength swarm. So basically, just wait for the enemies to stick to the swarm then blast them with Tonkor or your strong weapon of choice. You also have freed up mod slots if you choose to reduce equipped power strength mods since they don't affect swarm that much anymore.

So I went to my Friends list after roll-over and sorted them by Last Logged On. I wanted to resume trading with someone whom I couldn't earlier, due to the bug "Cannot enter area as it's conclave restricted" (aka a dojo...). I promptly got stuck on the UI after it re-sorted the list. I could still click through it to view my profile or invite squadmates, but neither ESC or the "Exit" button would close it. Is there a coming Hotfix for this Hotfix? o.o

For those that are crying about how this isn't a nerf. Sure it is.

Think about this: Instead of building for MAX strength/LOW duration/MAX Efficiency (sub-100% drop chance + 100% roll chance + sub-80% roll chance), you just build for NEGATIVE strength/LOW duration/Max Efficiency. Overall, instead of Hydroid killing stuff and getting loot, now he just needs to TICKLE them and get just as much prenerf loot.

Negative Strength only comes from overextended, which will absolutely cripple Tentacle Swarm with the massive range.  Also enemies need to actually be in the tentacles at the time to die, not just touched by them at some point.

On the long run, the Hydroid changes are actually buffs. Your "end-game" weapons actually do more damage compared to a maximum power strength swarm. So basically, just wait for the enemies to stick to the swarm then blast them with Tonkor or your strong weapon of choice. You also have freed up mod slots if you choose to reduce equipped power strength mods since they don't affect swarm that much anymore.

The only enemies that weren't one-shotted by tentacles were 50+ enemies, which don't exist in any farming location.  You just restart 'endless' missions when they get that high since their drop rate isn't any higher.

So, in practice, with more effort you can get half the loot.  How in the hell is that a 'buff' in any way?

Also Tentacle Swarm still benefits quadratically from power strength, and is hydroid's only remotely usable power.  non-strength builds still won't be good, because hydroid's other powers aren't actually good, and range and durability still cripple him to raise thanks to his reliance on random targeting and his inability to recast powers.

Negative Strength only comes from overextended, which will absolutely cripple Tentacle Swarm with the massive range.  Also enemies need to actually be in the tentacles at the time to die, not just touched by them at some point.

Actually, the tentacles will spawn ON enemies, even if the range is ultra wide. If there are enough enemies in one room, they will all get touched and produce an item drop. And touching is the point of this so called "buff", you don't have to kill anything, negative strength results on weak tentacles that you can use more often on one enemy.

Agree with you 100% - there are always a certain minority of people who thumbs up every negative decision DE makes it's like they either don't care about the complete player base, are aloof or think if they kiss up enough DE is going to hire them or something. Meanwhile, there goes another million players, flushed down the toilet...

I think you made a couple of typos, there. Let me try to correct your statement:

"Agree with you 100% - there are always a certain minority of people who act like it's the end of the world with every decision DE makes. It's like they only see the negative in anything DE does no matter what because their personal playstyle bubble is popped. Meanwhile, Warframe's sales and player size are doing just fine."

Just a couple of errors I thought you might want addressed.

Edited by Ryusuta

i hope they bring back the old melee coptering and wall running, the jumping wall movement just doesn't look and feel right to me & the coptering just help get to higher places for those who found it hard to do the acrobatics.

if anyone feels the same about this please let me know.

please no rage comments about my comment cause this is just my opinion.

I'm confused though, why would you guys decide not to put on power strength anyway?

I mean keeping the same build via high power/low duration/high efficient, should still work, no?

I mean you can still get the same drop via damaging alongside killing so I'm confused here why would change the builld from this. I mean from the sounds of it, I would still keep power strength mods at least enough to kill the enemies. Even though most of the times the enemies that it wouldn't be able to kill regardless are anything that 50+, but all farming locations won't even pass the 20 minute mark anyway.

So not sure if anyone can clarify me on this. Since now it drop from damaging with killing them as well which seems like a plus. I understand power strength doesn't affect it anymore, but what would you have to replace your power strength mods for anyway? More range? His' range without overextended is already very wide so I don't see that much of a benefit from that to compromise power strength.

Actually, the tentacles will spawn ON enemies, even if the range is ultra wide. If there are enough enemies in one room, they will all get touched and produce an item drop. And touching is the point of this so called "buff", you don't have to kill anything, negative strength results on weak tentacles that you can use more often on one enemy.

Actually try it.  It doesn't work.

So I am a little disheartened. I try to come to this thread and see if there are other people having technical problems like I am and all that is here is crying about the changes. Those belong in feedback, or general discussion. Not in the change log for the patch.

More on topic: anyone else having issues with PHYSX on windows 10? I get CTD'd regularly, if PHYSX is enabled, reliably while my Volt Prime begins his idle animation (Volt noble stance) on the liset, or if someone does an aerial ground-slam with the jag kittag.

GPU: GTX670, latest NVIDIA drivers and physx.