Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.0.4

DE_Adam

hey scrub, don't wanna sit there seeing tentacles kill stuff? then dont do it.

Freaking crybabies man

Hey scrub, dont want to actually play the game use your quit button after pressing ESC.

Freaking scrubs.

Edited by Freed85

Hotfix broke my steam overlay...again. Seems to fix randomly every few hotfixes/updates. By broken I mean trying to open the steam overlay does so without a cursor, followed by closing the overlay putting a second regular mouse cursor on the screen. Opening the overlay then has a cursor allowing me to click on things but the second unstylised cursor refuses to go away unless I alt tab out and then back into the game. The second cursor moves across the screen faster than the warframe one but cannot click on things. Again, seems to happen at random with some updates/hotfixes correcting the issue and others returning it.

and for this nerf on hydroid, i say RIP warframe !!! DE you kill anything thats really good. its no wonder this game is dying.

According to who? And by that I mean irrefutable statistical data.

RIP hydroid

Maybe he can hook up with mag they should have a lot in common to talk about. Like them feels then whey get pounded into the ground with the nerf hammer.

It was inevitable he'd share her fate, after all.. Tentacle Swarm was Mag-netic.

I think you made a couple of typos, there. Let me try to correct your statement:

"Agree with you 100% - there are always a certain minority of people who act like it's the end of the world with every decision DE makes. It's like they only see the negative in anything DE does no matter what because their personal playstyle bubble is popped. Meanwhile, Warframe's sales and player size are doing just fine."

Just a couple of errors I thought you might want addressed.

You didn't make a couple of typo. You had the audacity to assume that everyone who is complaining about the Hydroid nerf always complain.

Did having 4x drop on Tentacle swarm affect you negatively? Surely, it didn't. If anything, you probably enjoyed when you got 3 Tellurium instead of 1.

Whereas, changing from 4x to 2x drop affect us, those who farmed and actually enjoyed it. Felt happy when they finally got Firewalker after30 survival runs.

Then, why are you defending DE?

Conclave Changes:

• Enguard, Anticipation and the Overcharge Detectors Mod can now be equipped in the Utility Slot. Don't work. These are still no Exilus Mods.

Changes:

• The drop rates from the Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will no longer be affected by Power Strength.
  • The Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will now generate drops for enemies that are slain being held by tentacles, not just dying from the tentacle’s appearing. In short, enemies don't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance.

The Drop Chance are now ? because nobody changed the mod card text of pilfering swarm.

Meh I must be the only one that thought pilferingswarm/necros parties were boring as hell. At least this way anyone can get the kills now and hydriod just needs to mod for duration/maximum range or something.

So many people saying to mod for max range, yet have no idea how max range works on Hydroid. GG

Meh I must be the only one that thought pilferingswarm/necros parties were boring as hell. At least this way anyone can get the kills now and hydriod just needs to mod for duration/maximum range or something.

The number of tentacles Hydroid uses in finite, increasing the range dilutes the coverage.  So instead of having like 8 all next to each other with the random one or two on a wall and ceiling, you now have 2 within 10 feet of each other and the other 8 flailing off the cieling and walls 30 feet away doing absolutely no damage to anything.  If the tentacles were exponential and the number increased with range then fine, I could understand and even say  that would be useful. But no, Hydroid's paltry number of tentacles cause lag on their own.  Imagine several dozen or more, it'd be the Kohm all over again.

The problem here wasn't hydroid or his pilfer.  It was 100% mod drop chance from heavy gunners on a single node on Uranus, the new warframes ability to increase power strength that knocked up pilfer loot drop to 5x and DE's constant knee jerk reaction to anything that makes farming easier.  That's right a BUG and a technical OVERSIGHT is what caused DE to nerf it rather than say, fixing the bug or keeping the power buff from Equinox's ability affecting pilfering swarm. I find it highly suspicious that they roll this nerf out the moment most of the first F2P Equinox's are finally built and ready to play, compared to people who bout her with plat from market.  It's like they're tryingto punish those who're playing for free, just like every other nerf seems tot arget those of us who don't have the money to constantly drop 80+ plat on boosters.  Honestly I think they were just looking for a reason to nerf pilfer Hydroid because they didn't like us having a legitimate way to progress relatively quickly in the game and actually have FUN while doing it.  And when they finally got it they smugly took their nerf all the way to the bank while leaving the rest of us out in the cold to farm our potatoes and salads.

I honestly think its a hydroid buff. Now we wont have to wait for the tentacle to kill the creeps. And more vible for late game too, because usually the tentacles cant kill creeps at very high levels

Nerfing early-mid game to give negligible buffs to late game isn't how you balance a game.  His tentacles were good till lvl 80 with the proper damage buffing frames and proper builds, and even then its far faster to just nope out after lvl 40 and roll again pilfering everything in site easily, all over again.  And lowering ANY kind of multiplier on an RNG based proc system is a nerf EVERY time.  Tentacles are so notorious for their inaccuracy that it's touted to be the worst ultimate in the game accuracy wise, and some people consider it the worst PERIOD.  It literally fails in ever regard what most teams would need late game except for highly specialized camping or as he was used; FARMING.

Edited by TheMagicalSharpie

My pilfering swarm be resting in Davy Jones' locker, yearg!

Honestly not that bad. Doesn't seem to be a damage reduction, just decreasing the drop rate affected by power strength. Makes survival difficult with only a phydroid.

Edited by capric0u5

You didn't make a couple of typo. You had the audacity to assume that everyone who is complaining about the Hydroid nerf always complain.

Did having 4x drop on Tentacle swarm affect you negatively? Surely, it didn't. If anything, you probably enjoyed when you got 3 Tellurium instead of 1.

Whereas, changing from 4x to 2x drop affect us, those who farmed and actually enjoyed it. Felt happy when they finally got Firewalker after30 survival runs.

Then, why are you defending DE?

Not that I agree or disagree with DE's nerf, but you can farm the elemental dash/step mods on Uranus: Ariel Sabotage.  They're cache rewards.

On another note, saw it mentioned previously but still no fix for power wheels while sprinting with a controller.  Would be nice to see this fixed.

this hydroid "nerf" is more like a buff full duration build hydroid + disarm loki + some tonkors and 1 hour of t4 survival still got plenty of loot and didn't need any nekros imagine if we had some other dps frame's with us like mag or saryn theparty would be complete

Hotfix broke my steam overlay...again. Seems to fix randomly every few hotfixes/updates. By broken I mean trying to open the steam overlay does so without a cursor, followed by closing the overlay putting a second regular mouse cursor on the screen. Opening the overlay then has a cursor allowing me to click on things but the second unstylised cursor refuses to go away unless I alt tab out and then back into the game. The second cursor moves across the screen faster than the warframe one but cannot click on things. Again, seems to happen at random with some updates/hotfixes correcting the issue and others returning it.

According to who? And by that I mean irrefutable statistical data.

Thats Steam problem - it allways happen with PayDay2, Dota 2 and many other games.