Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.0.4

DE_Adam

Today, playing T3 sabotage missions in the orokin void. After finding all 3 Resource Caches went through the portal to fight with the twins . When Sprag  died, i could not kill Ven'kra Tel no matter where she getting damage (i shot in backpack). All the time showed 0 , which resulted in the impossibility of completion of the mission. Bug or just had bad luck ??

this hydroid "nerf" is more like a buff full duration build hydroid + disarm loki + some tonkors and 1 hour of t4 survival still got plenty of loot and didn't need any nekros imagine if we had some other dps frame's with us like mag or saryn theparty would be complete

That team would get loot faster if you were just letting saryn kill things while Nekros desecrated.  Having to wait for the enemies to wander into tentacles is brutal on your killing speed when you could just, you know, kill them as they spawn.

The Flow mod still does not give the right amount of energy ( it is written, + 150 % and gives + 100%

Please read the wiki > http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Flow

The Flow or Primed Flow mods add energy based on the Base value of the frame's energy. Meaning if you start out with Ash who has 100 Energy at rank 0 and 150 Energy at rank 30, a maxed Flow will add 100 x 1.5 = 150 Energy to the frame.

If you are at Rank 0 it will mean you have 100 + 150 = 250 energy in total with maxed Flow and if you are at max rank of 30 it will mean you have a total energy of 150 + 150 = 300 energy.

Please read the Warframe Wiki and search the internet for information before jumping to conclusions.

Still no fix for when enemies spontaneously knows your existance when going stealth.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/448693-enemies-spontaneously-knows-your-existance-at-random/page-3

As of this update, this problem has become alot more severe.

I've had the opposite of this happening i can be a good 5 meters in front of an enemy and they simply don't seem to care until i point my gun at them its been kinda odd. Regardless hopefully these will be fixed soon.

I'd really actually suggest DE remove Augments all together or do some further extensive testing of them before releasing them, rather than giving us something we like then taking it because it's not what they saw as intended use. If they don't know how to handle them and even seek out killing under used frames in the process of these fixes I'd rather be without them as the Quality of Life just goes up and then right back down leaving us holed back into the same ole frames to use.

Can't advocate for DE this time. This hotfix sucked lol

Really wish you guys would think about warframe changes before knee jerking the hydroid community. You come out with a new frame and suddenly what was alright for a year is no longer alright.

Fixed it for ya.

We can't assume the whole community is as deeply saddened by the hydroid change as you are.  :)

It wasn't a design oversight, it was explicitly intended.

It didn't become a problem until DE pushed out a new frame that was obviously going to break things.

DE couldn't nerf the new frame because they are depending on people buying that plat to pick it up from the marketplace since it takes a week to build.

Note that the patch dropped right as the first non-plat Equinoxi were finishing up.

^ This. I mean, c'mon DE - FIX the problem. Don't nerf something else into the ground! What happens when some other loophole/exploit is discovered using Equinox? Will you nerf another frame/ability/weapon/mod into the ground to compensate? This is a poor excuse for balance.

Still no fix for the S#&$ty machetes not being tradable. If they weren't supposed to be tradable a warning on the void trader would be nice. (event weapons cant be traded anyways, they have potato on them, and come with a free slot)

Oh and thanks for trashing Hydroid, the hype was too strong, GJ.

Yeah, in the past, DE has fixed non-tradeables with concurrent hotfixes, but for whatever reason the machetes that trader sold are still NOT TRADEABLE. This wouldn't bother me, but DE has said in the past that ALL VOID TRADER ITEMS WOULD BE TRADEABLE - and has fixed other items in the past.

BUT THIS ONE GOT IGNORED? Great "Year of Quality".

Grineer "Blunt" backpack hitboxes really need to go away completely. They serve no purpose and have no reason to stay here, hindering melee even more (something it doesn't need).

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/505755-grineer-blunt-backpack-hitbox-and-collision-issues/

^THIS has become more than an annoyance, it's downright infuriating! This is a BUG, and should be treated as such.

-snip-

Or I like trying new things before writing them off.

I had a pretty good diea of how Tentacle Swarm worked, and how Pilfering Swarm affected. But perhaps you meant I have no idea how to do farming Hydroid? That's also incorrect, but I will admit I never really farmed with Hydroid. It was boring. I understood the reason his build was set up the way it was. And I understand what range did to the spread of the tentacles.

But.

What I was planning was a decently-sized area where enemies had a fairly decent chance of walking into a tentacle, which then left them open to being killed by whatever means was necessary. Not only did the Hydroid have more free time, the other players had more fun. And you know what? It worked. Duo'd a low level defense to test this out; I was Hydroid and my buddy was an Ember, we basically sat there using guns and they used Fireball and Accelerant. Tore through it, didn't even get bored except for the first few waves, which are universally boring as a general rule. (Though the Defense spawn changes helped quite a bit.) Still got nearly triple the loot of a normal run. So... yeah... There's that. I will say it's definitely less effective for increasing single-enemy loot, but it's still doing better (with far less powerspam) than a Nekros, so it's still a win. Nerf? I guess. Rip Hydroid, let's all shelf him/throw him out? Not at all. Just gotta try different things.

Edited by KaraOgata

In my opinion, it was not the problem that hydroid with max Strenght had a very high droprate on his own, because we had this since the launch of the augment. But considering the very low droprate of items in normal tilesets it was only extreme for life support, energy orbs and energy cells.

I think the problem is that hydroid can be pushed to ridicilous amounts in combination with other warframes AND the very high drop rates on the new uranus tileset. They saw lootcave and they panicked. Instead of changing the droprates of the new uranus units they changed a unit that was somehow ok in a normal environment.

Like Mags greedy pull was totally ok in any other mission than in a afk farm. So is that reason enough to nerf an ability because it can be abused? Why not change the root of the problem, why people resign to afk farm. I mean it seemed to work with the gold fusion cores. I never farmed for fusion cores since they included them in the normal drop tables, because normal gameplay sustains my need for fusion energy.

But here again lies the problem. DE changes a warframe because there is a certain way to "abuse" (in their view) the warframe. But changeing a warframe has not only an effect on the lootcave it also makes other, normal play much harder and less fun/rewarding. I can't sustain the energy use of my Hydroid with pilfering anymore because the drop rate is too low.

If the droprates on uranus is answer of DE to remove the tedious grind for resources and mods. Im hands down for nerfing the pilfering hydroid. (And to all guys IT IS a NERF, shooting on enemies being slapped around not viable, nuking them will nuke all non tangled enemies aswell and the droprate is just lower -> nerf.) If this is bad I dont want to restart the discussion.

But if the new droprates are the new standard, you might want to anounce that.

Because now we have to live with an adjusted Pilfer on other planets with the low crappy droprates.

I would have prefered to cap the effect of strength to lets say +300% or so, no matter the additional strength. Like with efficiency, no matter what you can't get higher than 175%.

And if DE now changes the droprate on Uranus and keeps the hydroid bad im really going BERSERK.

Edited by Shriker_sh