The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.0.4

DE_Adam

But Nekros can slice corpses before desecrate. Let's nerf him too?

But it is the main focus of Nekros to be able to do that. The augment mod of Hydroid is only a small extra to his other abilities - never meant to be anything groundbreaking.

And yes I played him enough and maxed out all those builds. And still I say this change was needed.

"Mag is only useful with greedy pull." Continues to annhilate everything arfter augment change.

"Hydroid is only useful with pilfering swarm." Riiiiight..... So I guess that all those times we played him before augments were even a thing, we were just being useless. Now if people would kindly read the changes:

• The drop rates from the Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will no longer be affected by Power Strength.

A) "Power strength increases drop rate." Yeah I would say that was not intended, so this is probably a fix rather then a change.

• The Pilfering Swarm Augment Mod will now generate drops for enemies that are slain being held by tentacles, not just dying from the tentacle’s appearing. In short, enemies don't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance.

B) This is actualy helpful for you. It means that anything that comes in contact with your tentacles has an added drop rate. This way you'll probably get more loot then before as more enemies get affected.

These frames were viable before augments and continue to be viable without augments.

Quoting a shared sentiment.

I am okay with the nerf of Pilfering Swarm, However I am NOT satisfied with the current Tentacle Swarm.

Here are the reasons why:

a. Tentacles spawn in weird places (sometimes on the ceiling <wtf?)

b. Enemies walking past the tentacles like it was nothing (rendering this "buff" useless)

c. Not re-castable and ridiculous cooldown (rlly?)

R.I.P. Hydroid

Basically this... would be happier about the PS change if Tentacle Swarm was actually reliable... Also Tentacles like spawning in mid air if there are flying enemies in range of it.

How about we fix invisible medallions BEFORE nerfing easy ways to get them? Or is that too logical?

Presently working on syndicate(s) and using recently obtained sentinel mod "Animal Instinct" (rather than use warframe variant) .. I, with great determination, set-upon increasing medallion "discovery".  I was, however, EXTREMELY disappointed, discovering that some number of the 8 available per mission were .. invisible!!

So, it's an un-fixed bug?!!?

I don't get why people are calling the hydroid changes a nerf. The mod gives you double the drop rate and now enemies don't need to be killed by the tentacles to drop stuff....you and your party members can kill enemies caught by the tentacles and still get drops....seriously people wtf

It's a nerf because double drop rate is not triple or quadruple the drop rate. The changes to the mechanics of the ability itself aren't bad, it's the loss with scaling off of power strength that most people including myself are sad about. We will deal with it, through therapy and other means just like we're dealing with many other things like a sidegrade Vectis prime.

why all the Hydroid hate?    

Seems to me the change, is for the better.  Instead of enemies needing to be killed by the tentacles, (so can still do your power build)   any enemy that is touch/held by the tentacles gets an increased drop chance, meaning more enemies can be effected at a time.  and can pair hydroid with other frames and weapons, that can do good damage, to kill those on the tentacles.  So that more can be grabbed and in turn killed...

So... whats the issue?

Hydroid, they took your cake and gave you a cookie in return.  Pilfer was on the level of 'crazy good', but it's all Hydroid had.  Now all he has are dreams of a skill rework so people will play him once again.  Except those 5 people who think he is awesome and will continue to play him anyway.

Pls DE, rework.

Presently working on syndicate(s) and using recently obtained sentinel mod "Animal Instinct" (rather than use warframe variant) .. I, with great determination, set-upon increasing medallion "discovery".  I was, however, EXTREMELY disappointed, discovering that some number of the 8 available per mission were .. invisible!!

So, it's an un-fixed bug?!!?

No, it's an unsuccessfully fixed bug (multiple times even). Not sure why it won't stay dead but it just keeps coming back.

why all the Hydroid hate?    

Seems to me the change, is for the better.  Instead of enemies needing to be killed by the tentacles, (so can still do your power build)   any enemy that is touch/held by the tentacles gets an increased drop chance, meaning more enemies can be effected at a time.  and can pair hydroid with other frames and weapons, that can do good damage, to kill those on the tentacles.  So that more can be grabbed and in turn killed...

So... whats the issue?

Have you even played Hydroid? His Tentacles are the worst CC Ability in the entire game, they are unreliable and they stay put for however duration you have on him, say, you see 1 enemy running at you? 4 on his &amp;#&#33;, kill him while on the tentacle, and then what? wait like 30 secs for the ability to be re-castable.

Yes casting it on a lot of enemies is obviously the better choice, problem is, now you HAVE to go either with Duration so you can actually kill enemies on the tentacles or no duration at all so you can re-cast it

DE done guffed

Nerf hammer strikes again! If only you could be as fast on fixing/changing other things -like boar being only obtainable through buying wrecking pack (and this has been there for months now.), or the meele getting stuck and unusable. But hey, Hydroid nerf change, it's also welcome... 

Edited by Lokime

In one aspect it is a buff to Hydroid. I don't know how many time times that I'd gone into a pug group with a Hydroid who just yells this the entire mission: "STOP! LET THE TENTACLE KILL EVERYTHING" while everyone ignores him because they don't have all day to wait around.

But it is the main focus of Nekros to be able to do that. The augment mod of Hydroid is only a small extra to his other abilities - never meant to be anything groundbreaking.

And yes I played him enough and maxed out all those builds. And still I say this change was needed.

yes because it makes more sense for a necromancer to preform looting and plundering tasks than a bloody pirate

Lets see... so people are okay with a 100% drop rate over a xXx420LETITRAIN*@##&#036;ESxXx 384% drop rate?

Waw its like you people have over a quadrillion of every resource and mod and not knowing there are people who are strapped for resources and mods. Why even play then?

Introduces a new tileset with broken survival spawns.

People use Hydroid on it so his augment gets "rebalanced" but the mission remains.

Calls it a QoL improvement.

GJ DE! This on par with the post Viver nerfs.

For those who are asking whats the issue, Pilfering Sawm scaled with power strength and now that is no longer the case. For how unreliable the tentacles are, they are no longer worth it. Nekros will become the primary loot frame once again, but he is medicore at best compared to the old Pilfering Swarm.

Hydroid, they took your cake and gave you a cookie in return.  Pilfer was on the level of 'crazy good', but it's all Hydroid had.  Now all he has are dreams of a skill rework so people will play him once again.  Except those 5 people who think he is awesome and will continue to play him anyway.

Pls DE, rework.

^ Exactly. Hydroid went from being useful to being, for lack of a better word, S#&amp;&#036; and yes i mean that both figuratively and literally. He now has such little viability throughout the game that players that are still playing him will be those that are ignorant to how good he once was. Honestly they could have at least waited till after the free rep/resource booster wore off.

To be completely honest, instead of giving a knee jerk reaction, if you really think about it the Hydroid 'nerf' is actually a buff. Take a frame like Saryn, Excal, Equinox and other AOE killer frames and combine them with a Hydroid and all you need to do is get the enemy into the tentacles and let the other frame do the actual killing job.

This makes it free from enemy level scaling and leaves the killing to better killer frames while making Hydroid the utility. Earlier the cap on his killing ability was level 40 enemies or level 50 trash mobs, even with maxed Power Strength.

I do understand that most resource farming would be done on lower levels meaning that cap was irrelevant but now it can be done on any level and even in the T4 void games since it is independent from Hydroid's Power Strength, and now he can be built for other things too instead of only concentrating on one aspect.