Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why De Why Do Continue To Nerf Frames To Oblivion?

Rem_NL

What I've learned about Warframe is not to really worry about Frames anymore. If I unlock one by just playing then great. But I'm not hunting them down anymore. It just doesn't work out well to get invested in any of them due to the weird dual identity this community has.

On one hand you have players who want other players to grind and grind and grind and to be happy with that for very little reward other than you should be enjoying this. To the guys who just hog every kill and manage to place those frames on the nerf chopping block due to loot cave saturation at watering holes in the game public square. Both sides just take it to the extreme, ending up with frames gathering dust.

The only time things get changed is when a new game comes out that just cuts into the bottom line of the player base supporting De. Until then nerf ahoy.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

Whining about Hydroid being useless because his augment gets "nerfed" without providing actual feedback to make him better is useless.

Like seriously, threads about improving Hydroid keep emerging now and then, by folks who actually play the frame for his kit, nobody bats an eye. DE nerf, or atm, talk about the change to his augment and everybody loses their bloody mind.

Now Hydroid's getting some attention. Like @FelisImpurrator said, give some constructive feedback on how to improving him instead of making whining threads.

And on that note...

Here you go. Buff Hydroid.

Maybe if we get 15+ pages on a buff thread talking about actual buffs we'll get something out of it.

I put forma, potato and auxiliary slot in this frame because he was useful after the augment. He is a horrible frame and I wouldn't have touched his filthy tentacles in a million years. I don't care what DE does with this frame as long as I get my investment back at least.

he is nerfed, useless before augment, useless after augment nerf .. in total he is useless

Ah yes but instead of spamming feedback with threads/replies on how to improve him until DE notices people cling to an augment that made him the party's loot-boy.

Like I said- If people really cared about Hydroid they wouldn't see his ONLY use with an augment to made him the loot-boy. They would, instead, put their efforts into pointing out his potential and how better he could become.

With that said- I agree that his ability set feels lackluster. Only reason I don't go about asking for rework is because I am in no way appealed by Hydroid's theme and it would be better that people who really like him gave their feedback, you know, people who can see potential past being the loot-boy with an augment.

TL;DR: his augment isn't all about Hydroid, his concept has a potential which, DE so far haven't put their efforts into improving and reworking.

Edit: yes, my opinion might not be a popular one but meh.

Edited by (PS4)Dan_Aria

Has anyone ever done math or logic in school who posts such a topic???

Maximum Power Strength pre U17 was ~270%, which to the suprise of many players increased the loot drop chance to 5x times on an Hydroid using Pilferring Swarm. Basically an INSANE AMOUNT.

This probably slipped in the game unitentonally and was tolerated, since DE is aware of the major grinding that their game requires and they saw it as an bandaid solution for the time being, untill they could tackle some of the undelying issues that they ahve with reward distribution. 

Now U17 hits and with it.... Equinox!

Equinox, for the first time, has an ability that does not increase the damage for it´s allies but directly their power strength. Some among you might notice where this is going. ;)

A Equinox modded for maximum power strength applys a buff for + ~47%, an Hydroid with maximized Power Strength and Pilfering Swarm now grants close to 8x times the drops from a normal mission. If that obvious ridiculous number did not convince you, this will:

As long as Pillfering Swarm is affected by Power Strength, every Mod, Passive, Arcane, or Ability has to be measured by it in the future by DE to not completely break the drop tables of the game. That means they are left with 3 options only:

1. Never again release anything that increases Power Strength!!!!

2. Completely rework all drop tables , drops logics and player reward systems, because of 1 damn augment!

3. Make Pilfering Swarm not be affected by Power Stength!

.............what would you do?

Maximum Power Strength pre U17 was ~270%, which to the suprise of many players increased the loot drop chance to 5x times on an Hydroid using Pilferring Swarm. Basically an INSANE AMOUNT.

This probably slipped in the game unitentonally and was tolerated, since DE is aware of the major grinding that their game requires and they saw it as an bandaid solution for the time being, untill they could tackle some of the undelying issues that they ahve with reward distribution. 

Equinox, for the first time, has an ability that does not increase the damage for it´s allies but directly their power strength. Some among you might notice where this is going. ;)

A Equinox modded for maximum power strength applys a buff for + ~47%, an Hydroid with maximized Power Strength and Pilfering Swarm now grants close to 8x times the drops from a normal mission. If that obvious ridiculous number did not convince you, this will:

As long as Pillfering Swarm is affected by Power Strength, every Mod, Passive, Arcane, or Ability has to be measured by it in the future by DE to not completely break the drop tables of the game. That means they are left with 3 options only:

2. Completely rework all drop tables , drops logics and player reward systems, because of 1 damn augment!

An intelligent being has appeared. Thank the lords someone gets it. At least now you can kill a hell of a lot more enemies faster now that you dont have to worry about KSing the Hydroid, which needed like 2-3 casts of tentacle swarm to kill higher than lvl 50 grineer.

4. Cap pilfering swarm at 400% if that was what bothered me about it.

5. Explain the changes, admit they're a nerf and not a improvement.                                                                                                                                                             

An intelligent being has appeared. Thank the lords someone gets it. At least now you can kill a hell of a lot more enemies faster now that you dont have to worry about KSing the Hydroid, which needed like 2-3 casts of tentacle swarm to kill higher than lvl 50 grineer.

Nobody was using pilfering swarm on lvl 50 grineer. Nobody could shoot stuff using the tentacles anyhow, as it spins them around crazily and everyone still waits for tentacles to kill stuff to be 100% sure they'll get the loot increase, because the nerf makes it much more important and the game is too fast paced to keep track of whose been tagged or not.

WHy DE keeps nerfing stuff? Because people abuse certain things or cry out for nerfs on them to begin with and thus DE provides what the community desires. Don't want nerfs? Stop asking/abusing.

HAHAHA, NO.  The things that need nerfed, and actually have people people requesting nerfs for them (e.g. Mesa's Ult.), go untouched. While things that let people negate the grindwall, even slightly, get immediate and over-reactionary super nerfs.

284%ps not too hard to count 99+30+55

50%ps buff..

HAHAHA, NO. The things that need nerfed, and actually have people people requesting nerfs for them (e.g. Mesa's Ult.), go untouched. While things that let people negate the grindwall, even slightly, get immediate and over-reactionary super nerfs.

Only the lows who dont get the Game ask for peacemaker nerf

I get the game and still ask for a nerf/rework.

Normally i would rage about ur post(because i totally agree with W4ve) but instead i will just say one thing that is broken in this game and needs a rework and that is the armor scaling. we might have tools that negate most of its effect but thats forces people to play in that style which is probably not the intention of DE.

if i`m wrong tell me where and why dont just say i`m wrong pls.

Edited by Sherufanir

Normally i would rage about ur post(because i totally agree with W4ve) but instead i will just say one thing that is broken in this game and needs a rework and that is the armor scaling. we might have tools that negate most of its effect but thats forces people to play in that style which is probably not the intention of DE.

if i`m wrong tell me where and why dont just say i`m wrong pls.

I think end game scaling past 40 is pretty out of balance too. I don't see how that means Mesa doesn't need changed.

Your math is wrong here dumb dumb. And respond to your super unintelligent multiple choice question: 4 Fix the goddamn broken nature of the insane grind that this game has become. In other words don't introduce mods that you can only get if you are EXTREMELY lucky or GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND GRIND GRIND GRING GRIND for over 3000 hours with normal gameplay.

Especially after reworking (and to a large extend) destroying the core gameplay people where used too. 

DE's solution is grind till you drop or spend 4000 platinum to get it back to pre-nerf levels.

How is that for LOGIC?