Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Normal Melee Attacks

Crimduval

It's been talked about every now and then, but will they ever be worth focusing on? With how low damage is for normal attacks and how little Point Strike gives compared to the rifle, shotgun, pistol, even charge attack damage mods, I don't see much of a reason to use them.

Only real use is on lower level Infested, and only if that weapon has the slashing damage bonus against infested and can hit multiple targets or you'll be swarmed by Chargers easy.

Higher up, the damage gain just isn't enough compared to how much health enemies gain.

An idea I had was give normal attacks similar damage to charge attacks and make charge attacks special actions unique to each weapon with a dramaticly increased stamina consumption, instead of plain stronger attack . For instance, the Skana could have a fan-shaped AoE as it's charged attack, and maybe the Fragor a knockback/knockaway attack, and if the knocked back target hits something, a wall, another target, an object...bonus damage!

Unless something was already planned for the melee system....anywho, what does everything else think?

It's been talked about every now and then, but will they ever be worth focusing on? With how low damage is for normal attacks and how little Point Strike gives compared to the rifle, shotgun, pistol, even charge attack damage mods, I don't see much of a reason to use them.

Only real use is on lower level Infested, and only if that weapon has the slashing damage bonus against infested and can hit multiple targets or you'll be swarmed by Chargers easy.

Higher up, the damage gain just isn't enough compared to how much health enemies gain.

An idea I had was give normal attacks similar damage to charge attacks and make charge attacks special actions unique to each weapon with a dramaticly increased stamina consumption, instead of plain stronger attack . For instance, the Skana could have a fan-shaped AoE as it's charged attack, and maybe the Fragor a knockback/knockaway attack, and if the knocked back target hits something, a wall, another target, an object...bonus damage!

Unless something was already planned for the melee system....anywho, what does everything else think?

Melee mods need a buff in general, if you made damage similar to charge attacks it'd be way too OP.

I like the unique charge attacks though.

I like it. As it is, focusing on anything but charge attacks with "MOAR DAMAGE!" is pretty useless... I think they should do scaling weapon damage with levels, personally, to make the damage mod stop being a requirement, but more of a good addition, but even then, the melee's normal attacks need something to make them worthwhile.

Melee mods need a buff in general, if you made damage similar to charge attacks it'd be way too OP.

I like the unique charge attacks though.

Most charge attacks do 100 damage, so if normal attacks become about 70% of their charge damage and if they keep melee mods as is, it would be pretty similar damage compared to modded primary and secondary weapons. Then the unique charge attack's damage could be a percent increase of base which becomes increased via the charge attack mod.

Tho, it would be nice to know if they do have something planned for the melee system already....something to ask for the next live stream i guess.

Most charge attacks do 100 damage, so if normal attacks become about 70% of their charge damage and if they keep melee mods as is, it would be pretty similar damage compared to modded primary and secondary weapons. Then the unique charge attack's damage could be a percent increase of base which becomes increased via the charge attack mod.

Tho, it would be nice to know if they do have something planned for the melee system already....something to ask for the next live stream i guess.

Maybe a median, not that high though. 50-60.

Still, I like solid numbers for the charge attack number. Maybe buff them in line too, but only a little bit.