Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris > Dread In My Book.

Guest Hermaphrodite

Guest Hermaphrodite

I was excited to get myself the " Stalker " pack earlier today and noticed that the Dread bow itself does not ignore armor on Grineer, while the Paris does.

I know these are considered slightly different versions of each other, but why wouldn't the Dread not have the same ability to ignore armor? That alone makes it weaker all around when now my slightly more than average damage shots have to slam through armor before the damage is done, while the Paris can do full damage.

You'd think something you either have to pay 800 Platinum for or get as a lucky drop from Stalker would be better :o

otherwise my only complaint, love the set ^^

imho i prefer to use Dread when i go on full stealth missions, the faster draw speed and the innate higher attack power makes it easier for me to go in and shoot down everything before their friends can realize it, and i usually do headshots with dread so i don't really mind it's lack of armor pen. The only reason i bring paris along is when i do the simple guns blazing tactic because my paris is modded to explode when landing (that too is always paired with twin vipers)

Do headshots ignore armor?  If they do, it's possible that this bow is intended for the extreme marksman.

No. Body parts have different resistances (for example the real weak point in an Ancient is the feet), but headshots don't add anything extra on their own.

Guest Hermaphrodite

But i'v noticed even when your arrow hits the head it sometimes doesn't register as a headshot :x

I just figured it would be a much better version than the Paris, but it's only upsides are 3x against infested, which is really only useful for ancients, and a slight higher base damage does not does not make this a weapon to outbeat a normal Paris, especially when I now have to stick on AP mods to even do half of what the paris can do :P

Doesn't the dread do more regular damage (per shot, and rate of fire)? On top of that, it has two V polarities by default.

I see it as a good thing that you can still prefer the paris- at least it's a sign that the dread doesn't completely overshadow it.

Edited by Argoms

But i'v noticed even when your arrow hits the head it sometimes doesn't register as a headshot :x

I just figured it would be a much better version than the Paris, but it's only upsides are 3x against infested, which is really only useful for ancients, and a slight higher base damage does not does not make this a weapon to outbeat a normal Paris, especially when I now have to stick on AP mods to even do half of what the paris can do :P

it actually does, though the weird part is that if we have the headshot side missions on with dread on, i got zero headshots at the end screen, and this only happens when i get those missions, other than that not really.

Though the dread doesn't have AP like paris does, i noticed that it has faster draw speed (meaning that you can charge up faster) than paris (still needs testing), but the one thing that i found it lacking than the paris is the ability to shoot through enemies like the paris could (then again, if it could, lots of decapitated bodies will be lying around lol)

edit: after the hotfix, the dread can use paris' thunderbolt mod, meaning that the high base damage and the extra damage from explosion would make it an awesome group killer =P

Edited by Ferrick

Well I'll say it's basically useless for even low-level Grineer missions. The lack of AP means it can't kill them in one or two shots and given its slow rate of fire you can't afford to spend more than that on a given enemy.

Edited by Kyte

Well I'll say it's basically useless for even low-level Grineer missions. The lack of AP means it can't kill them in one or two shots and given its slow rate of fire you can't afford to spend more than that on a given enemy.

headshots still kills them in one hit, and after working with the dread, i found that it hits for HUGE amount of damage on things other than infected (it hit for 500 damage non crit and non headshot against an armored grineer and hit for 1500 against infected), so in the long run it kinda works out (with the thunderbolt mod, its damage goes crazy and can wipe out a large group of enemies, its more or less a mini rocket launcher)

(in a sense, yeah i am defending this weapon because its that good in my book)

headshots still kills them in one hit, and after working with the dread, i found that it hits for HUGE amount of damage on things other than infected (it hit for 500 damage non crit and non headshot against an armored grineer and hit for 1500 against infected), so in the long run it kinda works out (with the thunderbolt mod, its damage goes crazy and can wipe out a large group of enemies, its more or less a mini rocket launcher)

what level of grineer, and it kinda sounds like a bug to me, if it's doing 500 damage in the armored area of a grineer...

Well I counter your anecdotal evidence with my anecdotal evidence that says that Dread cannot even twoshot a mid-level Grinner unless you pull off a headshot.

I dunno what's up with your Dread but it appears more people are on my side of the fence than yours.

what level of grineer, and it kinda sounds like a bug to me, if it's doing 500 damage in the armored area of a grineer...

level 15 Grineer in Eurasia

Well I counter your anecdotal evidence with my anecdotal evidence that says that Dread cannot even twoshot a mid-level Grinner unless you pull off a headshot.

I dunno what's up with your Dread but it appears more people are on my side of the fence than yours.

its definitely possible to one shot a mid-level grineer without headshotting, i've been doing it for the last few missions with ease, though something is probably wrong with my dread, because for something that doesn't have innate AP, it did 500 onto an armored mob, so something's wrong ? who knows lol

Well, almost anything can kill lvl 15 grineer easily... try it vs like level 30ish grineer.

its definitely possible to one shot a mid-level grineer without headshotting, i've been doing it for the last few missions with ease, though something is probably wrong with my dread, because for something that doesn't have innate AP, it did 500 onto an armored mob, so something's wrong ? who knows lol

15 is not mid level, it's ~25% (highest being ~60 minus bosses), or low level.

Well, almost anything can kill lvl 15 grineer easily... try it vs like level 30ish grineer.

15 is not mid level, it's ~25% (highest being ~60 minus bosses), or low level.

typo'd ~.~, but my mistakes aside, i think there is definitely something wrong with my dread in general lol, i did a level 30 grineer run in ceres kiste and it did one hit kill armored grineers... just that 75% of the time its the explosion arrows that appear and its not supposed to do that lol (maximum rate of appearance of explosion arrows are 30% only)

typo'd ~.~, but my mistakes aside, i think there is definitely something wrong with my dread in general lol, i did a level 30 grineer run in ceres kiste and it did one hit kill armored grineers... just that 75% of the time its the explosion arrows that appear and its not supposed to do that lol (maximum rate of appearance of explosion arrows are 30% only)

that does sound off if it has 0 innate armor pierce (unless you put a serration + AP mod on it, then it sounds more reasonable)

that does sound off if it has 0 innate armor pierce (unless you put a serration + AP mod on it, then it sounds more reasonable)

that's the problem, i don't have any AP on it o.o, and after retrying with thunderbolt off, i'm still getting values between 500-750

that's the problem, i don't have any AP on it o.o, and after retrying with thunderbolt off, i'm still getting values between 500-750

hm I would put this in the weapon bug section (with some pics of the damage you're dealing) because that sounds like a bug to me (assuming you didn't have any mods on it, and ignoring bonus damage vs factions like it has vs infested, nothing should deal 500+damage base I think) Have you tried it vs corpus yet? That's the next thing I'd also suggest, and see if it's just something vs grineer, or what. (and do it without mods obv, incase a mod is bugged out on it or something)