Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery

ChathSuaco

Ok... so... I've been looking at this little thing here... Mastery is a little bit... annoying to gain. I leveled my snipertron and my excalabur to level 30, and my chronus and lato are not far behind in levels. But I'm still a silver initiate... What's up whith that? I find it frustrating that I can't gain any mastery from anything but leveling weapons. I'd like to see another way to gain mastery, maybe you gain some mastery from just completing a mission? Or maybe if you have a rank 30 equipment, you get 1% of the experiance waisted on that equipment moved to mastery.. I'm just spitballing, but something needs to improve about mastery.

Would be nice to add that as a reward from alerts, since otherwise they're completely worthless atm. It could represent your awareness of things going on and ability to quickly respond to changing circumstance, and give 200 to mastery or so.

Would be nice to add that as a reward from alerts, since otherwise they're completely worthless atm. It could represent your awareness of things going on and ability to quickly respond to changing circumstance, and give 200 to mastery or so.

200 i far, far to much. 50~100 based on mission difficulty is much more balanced.

I'd like to see it vary, based on the mission. Because your not as much a master for dealing with a small threat as to dealing with a massive threat.

Also,

200 i far, far to much. 50~100 based on mission difficulty is much more balanced.

that's far too little, there needs to be a bigger reward... We need more mastery, more quickly.

Edited by ChathSuaco

I'd like to see it vary, based on the mission. Because your not as much a master for dealing with a small threat as to dealing with a massive threat.

Also,

that's far too little, there needs to be a bigger reward... We need more mastery, more quickly.

hon, youre forgetting that its MASTERY. its not like level EXP. its meant to be slow and the rewards are good. later on,i think, the mastery rewards will be even better.

50~100 is the perfect amount. its small, but not to small, and you wouldnt be able to farm alerts all day and speed grind to mastery level 5

For me this is totally useless (Mastery, I mean) - i played over 60h of Warframe and if not for bugged blueprints i still could not buy HEK. And - what is the diffrence? Gorgon is even more OP than HEK and I can buy him at 2nd level.

Does mastery do something I am unaware of?

SabreUr has a point that I was thinking about. He's put in (allegedly) 60 hours of gameplay into Warframe, but can't buy the shotgun he wants. Think about a standard $60 game that you'd put 60 hours of time in to... what if you still could only buy the two shotguns available 5 hours in? You'd need to put in what, 100 hours? 120 hours? What's the acceptable amount of time to spend to get that shotgun - or rather, when will you say it's too grindy and move on?

SabreUr has a point that I was thinking about. He's put in (allegedly) 60 hours of gameplay into Warframe, but can't buy the shotgun he wants. Think about a standard $60 game that you'd put 60 hours of time in to... what if you still could only buy the two shotguns available 5 hours in? You'd need to put in what, 100 hours? 120 hours? What's the acceptable amount of time to spend to get that shotgun - or rather, when will you say it's too grindy and move on?

Probably about 5 hours, at which point people will find that to unlock everything costs several times a new AAA title, and then move on. Otherwise, they'll stay and grind.

I bought HEK when it was available through blueprint->crafting (blueprints were not XP-locked). And its not machinegun which fires micro nuclear rockets while blazing hymns praising Teh Emprah (or at least being this:

) and I don't think that it's worth grinding to 5th mastery - I mean, that is nice shotgun, but should be available at rank 2.

I think that until there is MUCH MUCH more weapons, warframes and God (and devs) knows what, this system should be dropped or at least requirements for levels lowered. Currently I have:

Excalibur lvl 30

Rhino lvl 20

Ember lvl 13

Mag lvl 9

Trinity (unranked)

Guns

HEK/Gorgon/Lex at 30th level

Cronus and Afuris at 16-17.

And i had more guns at various levels (between 10 and 20). And still I am level 3 mastery, which grants nothing. Nearest reward (HEK blueprints or HEK itself) is at level 5. To get level 4 i need to get 9,8K points (that is about half of total points required to get from 3rd to 4th lvl) -> 98 levels of gear -> over 3 parts of gear fully leveled. For me it's not a big deal, because i already own HEK (and there is nothing more), but for someone who just started it's a little frustrating.

Edited by SabreUr