The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp Popularity

Gretzel

I'm a new player with a question; is pvp in this game extremely unpopular or something? I'm regularly joining matches that should be 4v4 but find only 2 other people in-game, sometimes I won't even get that and instead it sits on 'waiting for players'. Not to mention the weird issues where it 'migrates host' and then suddenly boots most of the players and transfers to a new game. I'm also looking through my clan and seeing plenty of people with thousands of pve kills who have never even touched pvp. I understand the game's focus is on pve, but is pvp here really that disliked by most of the player base?

No pvp has a pretty big player base, but its definitely less reliable in terms of hosts and finding stable matches. It also has a rather sharp learning curve. Personally I never have trouble finding jammed matches. Even at o e to three am. I would suggest double checking your server and making sure that your ping limit isn't weird. There shouldn't be too much trouble finding a full match.

i can't speak for majority,here are my gripes with it.

-Balancing is always an issue, flavour of months come and go.

-The reward is subpar, something has to motivate people to play this mode.

-the reputation gain could be slightly faster.

I haven't played it for while, 3 weeks ago i found matches all day without issue.

Edited by Morgax

All i can say is pvp popularity increasing from time to time since 2.0 introduced, many player starting to play it from rank 0 newbie to veteran mr 20. player

If you have difficult time finding match try switching your region its always work for me at least.

Edited by EagleHawkz25

I'm a new player with a question; is pvp in this game extremely unpopular or something? I'm regularly joining matches that should be 4v4 but find only 2 other people in-game, sometimes I won't even get that and instead it sits on 'waiting for players'. Not to mention the weird issues where it 'migrates host' and then suddenly boots most of the players and transfers to a new game. I'm also looking through my clan and seeing plenty of people with thousands of pve kills who have never even touched pvp. I understand the game's focus is on pve, but is pvp here really that disliked by most of the player base?

PvP is too much unbalanced.

The host system completely sucks for PvP.

You only have a limited amount of mods available for PvP and the weapons are basically boring without PvE mods.

There are few more things but eh, to resume, I don't like it.

And DE probably removed coptering for the sole purpose of the excessive abuse in PvP.

Now you can dive like a dolphin, THANKS DE STEVE.

Region should be an option in the "gameplay"/"game"(whichever it's called) section of the settings menu.

PvP's far from "unpopular", but it's definitely less popular-- from any reason ranging from people just not liking PvP, to the balance being a bit nonsensical at times. Definitely not so much less popular that you'd never find a full match, so check your matchmaking ping limits/region(NA West should be fine, but still)

Edited by KamijoTouma

region and ping play a role. Set ping on 300. This game have one of the most dynamic pvp ever and it is ridiculous that focus should be on grinding Edited by Lord_Noctus

This game have one of the most dynamic pvp ever

This is not true! S4 League is more dynamic and GunZ is much more dynamic at all. Unfortunely K-style games are not popular as well. They are hard to play for new players... Why? Cuz Warframe has freaking unbalanced and bugged pvp I have ever seen before =) But good for all it's not pvp oriented games so...

Edited by HitoniX

Well, my region settings are correct and ping is a 300. Just did about 5 matches and none of them were full. Actually, none of them had more than 3-4 people in them. Also, what rank/mastery should I be before bothering to start pvp? Its pretty obvious with a brand new Mag that nothing is getting done. 

This is not true! S4 League is more dynamic and GunZ is much more dynamic at all. Unfortunely K-style games are not popular as well. They are hard to play for new players... Why? Cuz Warframe has freaking unbalanced and bugged pvp I have ever seen before =) But good for all it's not pvp oriented games so...

S4 league and Gunz dont have more dynamic combat but similar fast and agile movement... still no comparison to warframe if it comes to that. they working on the balance and fixed alot bugs allready. s4 and gunz suffer from beeing boring in first place having alot mobility isnt 100 % of what a game needs. Warframe can offer to conquer planets making maps big enough for having multiple 4 man squads per team working on conquering needed positions on the map like in planetside2.  dont come up with the its not pvp oriented bs becouse most successfull games are oriented in pvp and playerinteractions. warframes pve is just grindfest for the moment and there is rly no fun for me to kill braindead AI. there is more fun for me in pvp than in pve. i wish also there would be the possibility that u can join a pve mission as some sort of a stalker that would stop the camping in 1 spot and pressing same button over and over again.

Edited by Lord_Noctus

I play S4L regularly and used to play GunZ aswell. I have to say Conclave is extremely fun with parkour 2.0 and definitely way more dynamic than S4L / GunZ.

Conclave being fast paced and rather difficult to learn is probably the reason why it's not very popular. That + the pub stompers + the terrible match making setting you on 1v4 often. Oh and not being able to play with friends without some luck involved, huge turnoff.

As for the balance, it's getting there (slowly), I actually like the direction Conclave is taking.

Edited by FullSupport