The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus Mod Slot, Change It From Drain To Boost Or Null, Please.

--RV--Meta

please, fit in these 2 builds, without gimping any chance at diversity:

http://imgur.com/a/7YNLP

Only response I got so far was " Add a V and a Dash, then polarize the Exilus slot". In essence, have all slots, but 1, polarized, killing any chance at diversity.

build 1 all you need do is polarize the exilus slot build 2 all you need to is remove primed continuity and use continuity -25 duration will not hurt the build at all and you will get back 5 points then polarize the exilus slot no gimps whatsoever.

1. I love how everyone who defends this S#&$ty system's response is 'the slot is optional'. Why was it given to us as a community then? To stare at as a cosmetic item and keep dreaming about it? Or give up our rights to make variable builds? Something is broken about the system, accept it, just because it doesn't affect you DOES NOT mean it's not broken.

2. If I wanted to play with a trinity and go all out on duration range and strength for example with a Blind + Exalted Blade Excal then I'd forego one of my 2 efficiency mods, and use QT, Vitality, Rage etc. If I'm not playing with my Trinity friend then I don't want to use any D polarity mod then what do I do if I've already forma'd for it for my other build?

1. a person in this post provided me with a problem and i solved it allowing him to get the exilus slot without removing diversity or even polarizing any of the normal slots so yes it is optional and a frame with 5 polarity on the normal slot can make use of the exilus slot without nerfing their tight build or giving up diversity. and like i said its optional nothing is broken you just dont want to go the extra mile.

2.max range is overextended + stretch(dash mod) and im sure you are using streamline or fleeting expertise if you have to forgo one efficiency mod and both of them are dash polarity.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

How about, not using the Exilus slot at all on that frame?    Not being sarcastic, I'm just saying, perhaps it is just not worth it for that one.

Just like Corrupted Mods, it's a give and take. 

Ok, let me change the question.

Why should a slot, added to be a way to use utility mods, that aren't gamebreaking, be such a hassle when coming to build diversity?

Yes, its optional, as any mod I slap on is optional, yet they are there for a reason and the reasoning behind the addition of a Exilus slot is exactly to give unused mods a special slot.

So again, why should that extra slot, that isnt cheap (and im in no way complaining about costs) end up killing diversity instead of incentivating it to be used? Shouldn't there be an incentive towards players actually going through the hassle of scanning for the 50k rep, building 2 forma, building the exilus adapter, and putting it in the frame?

Ok, let me change the question.

Why should a slot, added to be a way to use utility mods, that aren't gamebreaking, be such a hassle when coming to build diversity?

Yes, its optional, as any mod I slap on is optional, yet they are there for a reason and the reasoning behind the addition of a Exilus slot is exactly to give unused mods a special slot.

So again, why should that extra slot, that isnt cheap (and im in no way complaining about costs) end up killing diversity instead of incentivating it to be used? Shouldn't there be an incentive towards players actually going through the hassle of scanning for the 50k rep, building 2 forma, building the exilus adapter, and putting it in the frame?

I can see your point but I couldn't support others calling for zero cost right out of the gate. What about half cost by default and then zero cost for the corresponding polarity if polarized?

Too goofy of a solution? I am just guessing that DE is going to come up with a compromise like that if at all.

you are complaining about the cost and getting 50k rep is definitely not a hassle it takes 20min each day to get 20k 20 min is a hassle? id hate to see what you think about doing syndicate rep if you arent MR19 yet.

P.S. dont know if simarus rep starts at 20k but if not i guess no more waiting at low MR now right?.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

I can see your point but I couldn't support others calling for zero cost right out of the gate. What about half cost by default and then zero cost for the corresponding polarity if polarized?

Too goofy of a solution? I am just guessing that DE is going to come up with a compromise like that if at all.

Half cost is much better, but still doesnt solve the issue, as DE is on a trend of adding more mods that cost too much, when they themselves claim that the whole point of changing from a skill tree to a mod system is to give players choice.

you are complaining about the cost and getting 50k rep is definitely not a hassle it takes 20min each day to get 20k 20 min is a hassle? id hate to see what you think about doing syndicate rep if you arent MR19 yet.

So I cant find it a hassle? everybody has to enjoy scanning? A hassle doesnt have to be something easy or hard, a hassle is an incovenience. again, not complaining about the costs, just pointing out that many players will not go after making these because they add too little for what they cost.

A slot that doesnt consume mod points is something that would make it actually atractive, even to those that just want to pay the 10p.

build 1 all you need do is polarize the exilus slot build 2 all you need to is remove primed continuity and use continuity -25 duration will not hurt the build at all and you will get back 5 points then polarize the exilus slot no gimps whatsoever.

So bottom line, dont use the mods DE gave us, dont try to have build diversity (the whole starting point that made players shout out for a utility slot, so that we could have a use for those mods). That isnt a solution at all. Its just as bad as the guy that said hey, being a slot that is null will be OP.

So bottom line, dont use the mods DE gave us, dont try to have build diversity (the whole starting point that made players shout out for a utility slot, so that we could have a use for those mods). That isnt a solution at all. Its just as bad as the guy that said hey, being a slot that is null will be OP.

primed mods are not a necessity and not obligatory. i gave you a positive non gimping solution and the only thing you can do is argue for the sake of arguing? lol i cant take you seriously any longer.

primed mods are not a necessity and not obligatory. i gave you a positive non gimping solution and the only thing you can do is argue for the sake of arguing? lol i cant take you seriously any longer.

I didnt say they are obligatory, as i said they are a option.

You are the one that havent answered my question, why add a slot, thats supposed to be exactly because certain frames use these tight min-maxing builds and didnt use utility mods, and then they end up in the same spot as before, unused.

If you cant take me seriously, I dont give a damn, youre the one that cant give me a better answer as to why chaning how the exilus slot works is a problem.

1. a person in this post provided me with a problem and i solved it allowing him to get the exilus slot without removing diversity or even polarizing any of the normal slots so yes it is optional and a frame with 5 polarity on the normal slot can make use of the exilus slot without nerfing their tight build or giving up diversity. and like i said its optional nothing is broken you just dont want to go the extra mile.

2.max range is overextended + stretch(dash mod) and im sure you are using streamline or fleeting expertise if you have to forgo one efficiency mod and both of them are dash polarity.

So limiting oneself to using only half the Exilus mods is your solution?

P.S. dont know if simarus rep starts at 20k but if not i guess no more waiting at low MR now right?.

Rep in Syndicates is calculated by (MR x 1000) + 1000

So an MR 1 will have 2k rep cap while an MR 19 has 20k rep cap.

Rep in Syndicates is calculated by (MR x 1000) + 1000

So an MR 1 will have 2k rep cap while an MR 19 has 20k rep cap.

Give these guys a break, dont you see, a utility slot is "endgame", its totally gamebreaking and OP, imagine, have your frame be able to jump on the enemy with firewalker and get a fire proc is ENDGAME.

the highest utility drain on the utility mod is 13(enemy sense) and in a polarized slot all you need is 7. for all the 11 drain all you need is 6 both can easily be managed so you arent limited not even the slightest.

Give these guys a break, dont you see, a utility slot is "endgame", its totally gamebreaking and OP, imagine, have your frame be able to jump on the enemy with firewalker and get a fire proc is ENDGAME.

it is most definitely not endgame its more along the lines of having more options.

the highest utility drain on the utility mod is 13(enemy sense) and in a polarized slot all you need is 7. for all the 11 drain all you need is 6 both can easily be managed so you arent limited not even the slightest.

it is most definitely not endgame its more along the lines of having more options.

The moment you polarize a slot you are automatically limiting it, to a set of specific mods.

And no, it doesnt open up more options, on contraire, it limits builds even more.

XDDDD Either you are messing with me on purpose or you are totally not seeing what you have just written.

Currently the Exilus mods are split into 3 polarities, Dash and D and V.

Are you seriously telling me that somehow I can magically add ALL THREE POLARITIES to the same Exilus Slot? Or is your solution to make 3 copies of frames and Forma all of them 4 or 5 times one with Dash, D  and V in the Exilus slot??

If I polarised the slot to use a Dash polarity then I won't be able to use the other 2. The elemental Exilus mods themselves arent consistent in polarities. Please give this page a look > http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Exilus_Mods

I CANNOT fit a 12 drain V mod in a D polarity with 7 points left on my frame!

OH AND THE BEST PART, I will have to definitely make multiple copies of my frames if I intend to use them in PVP since the priorities for modding COMPLETELY CHANGE in PVP.

Now do you see a problem??

XDDDD Either you are messing with me on purpose or you are totally not seeing what you have just written.

Currently the Exilus mods are split into 3 polarities, Dash and D and V.

Are you seriously telling me that somehow I can magically add ALL THREE POLARITIES to the same Exilus Slot? Or is your solution to make 3 copies of frames and Forma all of them 4 or 5 times one with Dash, D  and V in the Exilus slot??

If I polarised the slot to use a Dash polarity then I won't be able to use the other 2. The elemental Exilus mods themselves arent consistent in polarities. Please give this page a look > http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Exilus_Mods

I CANNOT fit a 12 drain V mod in a D polarity with 7 points left on my frame!

OH AND THE BEST PART, I will have to definitely make multiple copies of my frames if I intend to use them in PVP since the priorities for modding COMPLETELY CHANGE in PVP.

Now do you see a problem??

here goes that arguing for the sake of arguing do you want to use a dash or a V or a D you realize not all the frames are the same right? most people using volt are going to go with dash fact also most of the utlitiy mods are Dash polarity fact. its like you are trying to argue that you use the same polarity line up on all your warframes and this i can guarentee you do not. its like im talking to children and to that i say have a nice day.

A creative solution is required. Perhaps treat the slot as a wild card polarity where it halves the mod cost independent of polarity.

As it is now, it's impossible for most frames to be optimally setup for both pve and pvp. That seems counter intuitive of having a mod system.

Mod polarities need to be revisited and mod costs need to be reduced. Grinding for a item is one thing, leveling up that item numerous times is another, making it impossible to enjoy one game mode because your setup for another is hurting the game. My entire clan refuses to play pvp (main reason) because they are all MR19-20 players setup for pve and being competitive in events (yes we have multiple gold trophies in shadow class).

They believe pvp is just not ready for play yet. With these new changes and no thought on a reduction across the board utility mods, I tend to agree. I want to be able to use the same frame for pve and pvp.

here goes that arguing for the sake of arguing do you want to use a dash or a V or a D you realize not all the frames are the same right? most people using volt are going to go with dash fact also most of the utlitiy mods are Dash polarity fact. its like you are trying to argue that you use the same polarity line up on all your warframes and this i can guarentee you do not. its like im talking to children and to that i say have a nice day.

So let me just sum up what you said:

"My solution is use one build and dont attempt diversity within a systems that was implemented for diversity"

I will take the side of having the mod expense be reduced or removed, but I don't think it will be great to allow it to raise mod capacity. The reason being is not because it would remove some use of forma; it is because this would make higher ranking mods more appealing than others, since the 11 point Rush would give more points than the 9 point Enemy Sense, which, to some extension, ruins the customization to favor more room for essential mods.

While I am not having many issue with the current system now, I won't complain if the mod expense was reduced.

There are currently 3 V, 7 D and 12 Dash polarity Exilus mods. 54.54 % does not constitute 'most'. And it definitely does not mean they wont add more V or D mods in the future.

From which survey did you get your info that most Volt's are going to use Dash polarity on their Exilus slots? Please I'd love a link to this in-depth research into the Warframe gamers habits and trends.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed provoking comment

Which utility mod is good depends on the situation you want to use it in, not which warframe you use.

Please come back with an argument that is even true.

I think the utility slot is fine as it is, the MAIN problem is the cost for the Exilus; it's not unfair, it's inconsistent. It costs 50k rep from a secondary syndicate which takes the average player 3 days to farm, and then it costs another two forma. Keep in mind buying an exlius slot is 20p. One forma is also 20p when you straight out buy it.

So, without trading for plat or paying for it with real life currency, it takes around 3 days to farm for a blueprint and 2 days for a mid-high MR player to acquire the two forma. Meanwhile, selling two syndicate mods allows you to buy one straight out of the bat, no drawbacks. I'm not argueing against the plat method, but this kind of renders the Similaris method completely obsolete and painstakingly unnecessary, forcing new plays to spend countless hours grinding for something MR 5 or above could easily obtain through a couple of trades.

I think the utility slot is fine as it is, the MAIN problem is the cost for the Exilus; it's not unfair, it's inconsistent. It costs 50k rep from a secondary syndicate which takes the average player 3 days to farm, and then it costs another two forma. Keep in mind buying an exlius slot is 20p. One forma is also 20p when you straight out buy it.

So, without trading for plat or paying for it with real life currency, it takes around 3 days to farm for a blueprint and 2 days for a mid-high MR player to acquire the two forma. Meanwhile, selling two syndicate mods allows you to buy one straight out of the bat, no drawbacks. I'm not argueing against the plat method, but this kind of renders the Similaris method completely obsolete and painstakingly unnecessary, forcing new plays to spend countless hours grinding for something MR 5 or above could easily obtain through a couple of trades.

3 days is only for MR 16 and above. Where do people get their numbers from?

And even if you buy the Exilus slot with plat, you still need to polarity lock your frames with even more useless forma just to be able to turn that 'unlocked' Exilus slot from a cosmetic item into a usable utility.

I agree with your last point, and that is exactly what is being discussed in this thread > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/501655-exilus-adapter-and-platinum/

Edited by Sci_Ant

3 days is only for MR 16 and above. Where do people get their numbers from?

And even if you buy the Exilus slot with plat, you still need to polarity lock your frames with even more useless forma just to be able to turn that 'unlocked' Exilus slot from a cosmetic item into a usable utility.

I agree with your last point, and that is exactly what is being discussed in this thread > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/501655-exilus-adapter-and-platinum/

I'm MR 18 and I forgot that daily standing is affected by MR. I hope I didn't appear to be pushing a separate subject, wasn't informed of the suggested thread. Sincerest apologies and thanks for informing.

I suppose if a change were to be made, is that the Exlius slot decreases the cost of Exlius mods by half, just like forma. This would make sense given the 2 forma requirement (one to create the additional slot, one to decrease the cost). Nullifying the cost would make costs of Exlius mods irrelevant, and a boost with the slot would just make it another aura slot rather an additional customizable slot for utility, basically making it overpowered and rendering forma to warframes pointless.

Edited by capric0u5

I'm MR 18 and I forgot that daily standing is affected by MR. I hope I didn't appear to be pushing a separate subject, wasn't informed of the suggested thread. Sincerest apologies and thanks for informing.

I suppose if a change were to be made, is that the Exlius slot decreases the cost of Exlius mods by half, just like forma. This would make sense given the 2 forma requirement (one to create the additional slot, one to decrease the cost). Nullifying the cost would make costs of Exlius mods irrelevant, and a boost with the slot would just make it another aura slot rather an additional customizable slot for utility, basically making it overpowered and rendering forma to warframes pointless.

Good points, but it got me thinking. Maybe it's time we got a new system of boosting our frames rather than straightforward forma.

I mean if it takes 2 or 3 forma to upgrade any frame anyway, why not consider the cost of making an Exilus Adapter in that? It takes 2 forma to make an Exilus adapter and the time you spend gaining Simaris rep is about the same or even more than it would take to 3 forma your stuff and re level it, so it could be considered more of a direct replacement to the 'add forma and re level' system.

This is if Exilus slots act as auras and give us more points. Same affect as forma but different means, more lore friendly and with some meaning to it and it also won't limit our flexibility, only add to it! :D

Edited by Sci_Ant