Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Wait... The Stalker Was Right? (Spoilers?)

Mak_Gohae

This is about the Natah quest so dont read on if you havent done it.

So good ol' Stalker telling us to chill with all the killing that "Lotus" was sending us to do was right all along!

I think it's time for DE to let us pick sides here because i dont know about you people but.... i dont want some lady with baby issues waving keys in front of me so she could feel better about herself.

After ........ getting equinox i dont think i will kill any more bosses "Lotus" sends me to kill.

And i say after because i didnt do the quest right away.

So we need some "The Stalker was right" T-shirts on the merch store.

We need new mission controllers.

And we need a mission where like the G-dilemma where people get to break from the "Lotus."

That event will be some Tenno attacking "Lotus" home base attempting to kill her and some defending.

Please dont give the defending sides the better weapons, DE.

This should be the FIRST totally even contest.

The Stalker Army gets the Stalker Grakata (wraith?) and the Lotus Faithful get the Dex Grakata.

Ya you know the orokin were awful right? They made the sentients, the made the infested to fight the sentients, then when the infested just started killing everyone they experimented on children to make the Tenno. They used the grineer as slaves and that's what made the grineer turn.

Like the orokin committed hella war crimes.

Really, more Grakata.... 

On another note It would be nice to see yet another Gravidus Dilemma type event, but we all know which ever side gets the better rewards is gonna win. I mean it already happened once before. In which case though I would still pick Lotus, Mama Lotus for life!

Edited by Bestfly

Lotus still has humanity's best interests at heart, why do you think she completely betrayed her own people, never waking them up, leaving them to spend eternity in stasis while allowing humanity to survive and prosper?

She still sends us to stop the Corpus from destroying everything with science gone wrong, and sends us to stop the Grineer from total systemic domination.

@Immolar1001

Lets take a look at the reason they did all this to try to survive.

NOW they did succeed everything that was trying to kill them was stopped

Sentient were to expand to another system so that they could survive i believe maybe over saturation of some form of pollution and lack of resources or something like the movie Avatar minus the War .

Then the Sentient who were basically machines turned on them/so if machines don't work you turn to the flesh. Infested who i think manage to take care of some of the job when we considerthat sentient are suppose to adapt so i take it that threat like infested would have slowed them down since the story would have been different if the sentient just showed up and won, but they were to uncontrollable so that plan failed both invention turned on them.

Then we got Grinner that as we read some of the Lore we find out that the Grineer took the chance of the chaos of the infested to escape their life of servitude which in my opinion it was just slavery which i suggest it was a form slavery that was needed.If we look at the Ask Cephalon reports we find out that the labor that was being done is more effective if is done manually that is why the drill machine began to enslave the creator to farm the resources instead of him doing it(and note the machine was design to do the job and find the best way to do the job effectively) 

So i understand that they needed a work force and how about cloning strong individuals to work/they break we just fix them.

Then we can just add the fact that the Tenno was the last ditch effort to fight off both their infested and sentient creations.As we know from the ether blade that those were used to clean infested flesh.

They were really just trying to survive i don't see what they did wrong.

And well i think grineer would turn eaither way because all slaves turn....Grineer i believe were created for the purpose of fighting and serving Thats why they are so legitimate intrigued in the doctrine of the queen and in the most recent related grineer event because of a clone malfunction the grineer decided that serving the queen was not their job.

Now in reference i feel like this event would be a good idea

Edited by Leavith

Ya you know the orokin were awful right? They made the sentients, the made the infested to fight the sentients, then when the infested just started killing everyone they experimented on children to make the Tenno. They used the grineer as slaves and that's what made the grineer turn.

Since when did the orokin make the infested? Unless I missed something

Lephantis was an Orokin weapon created to fight in the war. My guess is that since the Sentient could turn technological weapons against them, the next thought would be to use organic/biological weapons.

They were yet another attempt at trying to stop the Sentients. They, or at least the virus, were Orokin made.

I don't think it's confirmed that they made the virus. It could just be that they were messing around trying to manipulate and control it.

Where did you get that the Oroking made the sentients?

And they shouldn't have made weapons to stop some people from killing them?

There's also no confirmation of the experiments being children.

I dont know if this is still in lore cause DE seems to have retcon the Infested but the old Golem\Lephanthis lore was that the Infested were created cause the Sentients can control tech so they had to send stuff that was not tech.

< snip ?

"a form of slavery that was needed"

stopped right there.

These weren't machines. These weren't animals. These were thinking, feeling human beings that were being treated like beasts. That is NOT cool, that is NOT right. There is NO WAY to morally JUSTIFY that!

And even if they were doing all that to survive there one could argue there are some lines that should NEVER be crossed. Hell, we STILL don't know the full extent of the reasoning behind the Sentients attacks, and I heavily doubt they did it just for S#&$s and giggles - but looking at the kind of S#&$ the Orokin were willing, nay COMPLETELY FINE WITH DOING I'd argue they had some pretty valid reasonings for going to war.

Crewman synth.

See above about "some lines never being crossed"

Zariman and the Tenno - though admittedly the timeline IS vague.

Edited by Morec0

Lephantis was an Orokin weapon created to fight in the war. My guess is that since the Sentient could turn technological weapons against them, the next thought would be to use organic/biological weapons.

I don't think it's confirmed that they made the virus. It could just be that they were messing around trying to manipulate and control it.

With the idea behind what the G3 Golem used to be a guardian as well as Lephantis they were corrupted by the infested flesh.MY GUESS the Sentient saw the potential in the Weapon that was used against them and brought that weapon into the void ships

Mainly i say this cause if they were guardians defending the Void if you corrupt them they will turn on their masters and what they are suppose to be doing.

Now the virus in the game has been well i feel officially link in more then one ways to the old game dark sector mainly i say this because of the introduction of the character skin and the small lore they also bring with them example Excalibur hayden skin 

@Morec0

we all think differently ,but i do suggest that the grineer are designed to serve and work be it in a form of slavery they worked in the mines or the form of slavery as having to put their life in the line for the queen.

the event were we had malfunction grineer kind of made it clear for me that the fact the it was faulty made him not want to work with the queen a small defect....Which can explain a bit on the turned around they had.

Now i will add that while we suggest the fact that it was unhuman and morally incorrect i like to put myself in the other shoes before i judge on them They were just afraid to die out.

Main reason i do think grineer turned on the Orokin They were afraid to die out but they still needed to serve someone once we have more lore on the queen from the odities cat we can mae more inference in what The TWIN queen really are and why the grineer solider obey it. 

Edited by Leavith

The crewman sythesis and Natah quest make it clear the orokin made the things that turned into the sentients.

And yes read ember prime's codex. They wouldn't say children if they didn't mean children. Again this is further confirmed by the lotus wanting children/to be a mother.

@Immolar1001

-snip-

Ya but they created all the things that tried to kill them. It's not like there was an outside force, they were just greedy/stupid and made 4 different factions the sentients, infested, grineer, and Tenno (Possibly the corpus) who wanted to kill them.

They dug their own grave.

With the idea behind what the G3 Golem used to be a guardian as well as Lephantis they were corrupted by the infested flesh.MY GUESS the Sentient saw the potential in the Weapon that was used against them and brought that weapon into the void ships

Mainly i say this cause if they were guardians defending the Void if you corrupt them they will turn on their masters and what they are suppose to be doing.

Now the virus in the game has been well i feel officially link in more then one ways to the old game dark sector mainly i say this because of the introduction of the character skin and the small lore they also bring with them example Excalibur hayden skin 

Or if the original virus did originate from "ancient" times like the Proto skin, it's possible that the Orokin were simply messing around with what they couldn't control. A feature of organic weapons is that they're alive and thus grow. It could be that G3 and Lephantis merely grew beyond their ability to control them either during the war or long after the war, when the Orokin were killed by the Tenno, leaving their bio-weapons unattended.

Remember that the Grineer were also created by the Orokin, as slave labor. They were likely genetically bred or indoctrinated to be subservient and obedient. It never occured to the Orokin that they would rise above that programing and revolt on their own, up to the point that they shoved a saw blade through their torso and took control. 

So it could just be incompetence on the part of the Orokin, due to hubris.

Edited by Ryme

Fact is, there's really nobody else to side with besides Lotus.

- Stalker wants us dead.

- Grineer would chop us up and study us.

- Corpus would chop us up and study us.

- Infested would infest.

None of the Syndicates or smaller factions have the resources to manage/organize every single Tenno operation the way that Lotus does.

The crewman sythesis and Natah quest make it clear the orokin made the things that turned into the sentients.

And yes read ember prime's codex. They wouldn't say children if they didn't mean children. Again this is further confirmed by the lotus wanting children/to be a mother.

Ya but they created all the things that tried to kill them. It's not like there was an outside force, they were just greedy/stupid and made 4 different factions the sentients, infested, grineer, and Tenno (Possibly the corpus) who wanted to kill them.

They dug their own grave.

While stupid they were apparently their must have been some form of threat for them to want to move system that they would go to such extreme to colonies another system as they were trying to do  as well as terraform it  so that they could migrate..I feel like that was necessity for them.

I mean if you know your gonna die and you have chance to save yourself 1st thing you would do is look at the chance of things going wrong but is morality is not affected by it lets look at the sentient machines that were doomed to stay in space after their job was completed.that was a morally correct choice no one lost anything,while their was chance their was they thought they had it all cover since according to their creator this machines have a toxic property that would not allow them to enter the void.

Now because they weren;t careful machines turned on them so they decided to go with their second choice which was used organic flesh or living virus that would consume other flesh and make it into weapons this was mainly the same scenario but with flesh the hive mind was created and that turned on them

Looking at it carefully the salvation came because of the Tenno that they made

Mainly we can establish now the story line by just thinking of it as cause and effect while we don;t have details we can guess what happend

While stupid they were apparently their must have been some form of threat for them to want to move system that they would go to such extreme to colonies another system as they were trying to do  as well as terraform it  so that they could migrate..I feel like that was necessity for them.

I mean if you know your gonna die and you have chance to save yourself 1st thing you would do is look at the chance of things going wrong but is morality is not affected by it lets look at the sentient machines that were doomed to stay in space after their job was completed.that was a morally correct choice no one lost anything,while their was chance their was they thought they had it all cover since according to their creator this machines have a toxic property that would not allow them to enter the void.

Now because they weren;t careful machines turned on them so they decided to go with their second choice which was used organic flesh or living virus that would consume other flesh and make it into weapons this was mainly the same scenario but with flesh the hive mind was created and that turned on them

Mainly we can establish now the story line by just thinking of it as cause and effect while we don;t have details we can guess what happend

that's what makes it fun. If every detail of what happened was written in stone, no one would care because there's nothing to interact with; like a jigsaw already assembled or a crossword puzzle already filled in.

Crewman synth.

If that was a Sentient that story reads like it was created by the Corpus. Then the Orokin gave it the OK cause they were desperate.

So this could be why the Corpus call "Lotus" a traitor.

See above about "some lines never being crossed"

If you are the type of person that's is going to sit there and die, thats cool.

But dont judge the people that fight to live and they save everyone.

Zariman and the Tenno - though admittedly the timeline IS vague.

Correct, it's vague.

We dont know what happened, when it happened, or how many times it happened.

There is no other evidence of any other factions.

The sentients were created to build a solar rail in another solar system so the orokin could go there so that they would become more powerful. There were no threats, because we would have heard about them or between them, the sentients, and the infested all humanoid life would have been wiped out. If it was some environmental threat wouldn't we still be dealing with that now?

There is no other evidence of any other factions.

The sentients were created to build a solar rail in another solar system so the orokin could go there so that they would become more powerful. There were no threats, because we would have heard about them or between them, the sentients, and the infested all humanoid life would have been wiped out. If it was some environmental threat wouldn't we still be dealing with that now?

Over population is a problem. They needed more space and didn't want to have to convert their houses into condos, so had to expand. But then the Tenno revolted and a lot of people died. So problem solved. =D