Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows 10 Temp Bug

stonewales

directx 12 is something to look forward too on this game and i know it will be some time until a version comes out that

uses it ..

but until then us with windows 7 and 8 are moving over to the free version of 10 before the one year is out ...

I tryed windows 10  for two weeks came a cross a few bugs nothing i could not live with but one and that is GPU temp in games dont get me wrong its higher just in desktop about 10-15c higher.

but in games the windows 10 is at 91c GPU even when i have turned down the settings its still 10-15c higher than

windows 7 81c.

and in this game which i play the most it was pausing ( stop starting ) every now and then dont know if it was the GPU 

or windows 10 making this happen but the extra temp would not help :(

i tryed changing the drivers turning windows 10 apps running in the background off , reinstalling a fresh install/safe mode and aload of other stuff before going back to windows 7.

Has anyone else had the same problem and fixed it ?

Edited by stonewales

For me its all good, and most importantly, warframe runs even better. Don't know if it's due to the recent optimizations DE has been working on, or just the more tightly integrated graphics drivers on w10, but it's nice anyway :).

There are no DX12 games yet or games that support this. The OS' version of DirectX, is DirectX 12, this doesn't impact your hardware's performance because there's plenty of backwards compatibility with older versions. 8.1's DirectX version was 11.1 and DirectX on 7 was 10.1 if I am not mistaken, I can't really recall all the versions at the moment. My card runs fine, the same as it did on 8.

You know what you should do? Clean you PC. Probably dust build-up in your hardware and you don't even have clue. Likely never paid attention to temperatures till now. Clean and you shall see a difference.

I think this is most likely the case, OP. Go clean your PC once in a while. Your hardware doesn't enjoy all that dust.

Edited by Contiguous

Right heard from a few people having the same problem and was not down to dust but a app making the CPU and GPU hotter on some machines

and it looks like MS have sorted it and will be doing a another fresh install in the morning to see if it works...

For me its all good, and most importantly, warframe runs even better. Don't know if it's due to the recent optimizations DE has been working on, or just the more tightly integrated graphics drivers on w10, but it's nice anyway :).

Probably not as much WF optimizations but instead WDDM 2.0. A lot of games gained a few percent here and there on a lot of hardware configurations. (A few also reportedly lost performance, but except for like 1-2 games afaik those were all in margin of error)

Edited by Shehriazad

I don't see how that could be Window 10's fault. It's much more likely one or a combination of different things:

graphic drivers

dust build up in pc

room temperate (surprisingly that does matter...it's the middle of summer)

other programs running on the pc

And so on. For me performance in windows 10 has been better for the most part.