Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Is The Bo?

AtikLYar

Question

So, getting close to finishing off the Cronus, and I'm going to go for a sort of high-ranged movement-based stealth/sniper build of sorts with Paris and Kunai (And Banshee if I can ever get that damn helmet... >.<)

I was looking at a nice fitting melee weapon; preferrably one with a multi-hit for when I get cornered (since I can't imagine the Kunai are great for dealing with large groups) And happened to spot the Bo.

It's a weapon I don't see much, and I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on it...

12 answers to this question

its good for smaller groups but its not as good as amphis.  Scindo is a great all around weapon for those tight spots. Bo cant really keep up i felt.

if all else fails i wouldnt bet my life on the Bo lol.  dual zoren are good for crowd control so is the glaive.

It is a good weapon if used correctly(spam slide attack/spam charged attack). It has impressive crowd control ability with its big range(despite not being a heavy weapon) and innate stun ability. I'd recommend it over Cronus as a quick upgrade from Skana, but since it requires blueprint now I'd suggest skipping it for something more powerful unless you really like the look of an efficient, simple staff.

I found the Bo to be extremely strong and versatile. It has the range of a heavy weapon coupled with the speed of a longsword. Scindo always felt really sluggish to me. I found the responsiveness of the Bo to just crush Grineer and Corprus targets. It's rather weak vs Infested though. I recommend pairing it with with a shotgun to clear Infested rooms.

It's damage is lower than the other 2-hander weapons but you can get off plenty of quick charge attacks while keeping most enemies controlled. If I had to pick just one 2-hander I'd pick the Bo.

Edited by Ryjeon

The Bo for me is kind of like a troll weapon in the low levels if being invisible (Ash, Loki powers) because it's funny to see in the chat how new players react. Go for the Fang. Low damage but it got high RoF that keep up with other melee weapons.