Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Overpowered In Pvp.

IfritKajiTora

Absorb spam. Yeah, this ability is really good, it is just like a panic button. Something os wrong use absorb because after press 4 they cant do anything to you and they need to run. Spamming this ability make nyx overpowered, He just started to play on PVP and he just smash everyone with just using absorb.
This ability should cost 50 energy, and it would be fine, to not spam it.

Mind control, this ability is OverPowered even more than Absorb. Stun, opponent dont know what is happening, cant kill any of you team but they can damage him so it is as a free kill. And if you take Sun or Moon, and nyx catch you with Mind control the Sun/Moon is returned to them THAT IS OP.
Saw it while playing my friend could not take the Moon because Nyx was all the time in base and just waited for guys.
-Opponent should know that he is at Mind control, some kind of effect on the screen.
-This ability should be short 3-4 seconds. Its enough time to kill.
-Sun and Moon should not be returned, he should just not be abble to put Moon into the Sun, and Sun into the Moon, just stop people at their base of taking point.

I know you people like OP things but Nyx is just destroying PvP.

Mind Control is only OP in cephalon capture, a mode that will never properly work with pugs.

Absorb is not OP, it relies on either luck or the enemy being stupid. It also has a very long delay after detonation which pretty much guarantees a kill for any good player that notices someone casting absorb.

Edited by Naftal

Can't see the problem here, Nyx is owning in PvP and people complain?

I mean i can see mind control being maybe abit OP, but absorb!?

I have played little to nothing in PvP, but still i can't see how on earth its OP, i have used it myself, no way OP since there is a delay of casting to Nyx being able to move which is almost a free kill to anyone who shoots her.

you know..you can run from absorb.

You know that nyx can use it faster? to put your into the ground and shoot you.

You know that its hilarious annoying when you cant kill nyx and need to run when she every time see someone use absorb?

Edited by IfritKajiTora

You know that nyx can use it faster? to put your into the ground and shoot you.

You know that its hilarious annoying when you cant kill nyx and need to run when she every time see someone use absorb?

So have they removed the delay after detonating it or how can they knock you down and shot you?

I have indeed noticed that there is an influx of Nyx players in PvP in all modes.

In CtC, Mind Control is quite the frustrating ability as not only does it force the player to DROP the Cephalon they are carrying, it staggers/stuns them for several seconds, AND prevents the player from damaging the enemy players entirely, but still can accept damage from them as well. The player also has no real indication Mind Control's effects have ended, only teammates can see the effects. Very often a Mind Controlled player is doomed if they are surrounded.

While Absorb works as intended, it is frustrating to actually see and feel players adopting the meta game - after I personally have encountered a few rounds where one of the teams was JUST Nyx players, usually also with Latron Prime and Sybaris? Seeing this trend in the PvP is a little annoying because these kinds of happenstances devalue the competitive experience when you see players in large using the same methods just to win in the easiest or quickest manner.

However, I am unfortunately lost for ideas on how this could be made 'better.' For every change there will always be those that seek the easiest, and quickest route to victory. I suppose the only thing I would like is a comprehensive lobby system so that I could host private matches with friends and clan-mates in a sure manner.

Mind Control shouldnt even work on Cephalon carriers, or it shouldnt stun and the target should be able to Keep the Cephalon. Basically you can play a braindead game by finding the carrier and press the button, let your allies return yours and capture the cephalon. Its really braindead.

Cephalon Carries should not be allowed to use Absorb. Its free god mode. They should drop it when they activate it. Its just plain cheap.

Edit: Cephalon Carriers shouldnt be allowed to Use any 4.th abilities. Its not just Nyx, Carrier should be protected by their allies, not be able to spam Absorb and be done with it.

Edited by Shin

Mind Control shouldnt even work on Cephalon carriers, or it shouldnt stun and the target should be able to Keep the Cephalon. Basically you can play a braindead game by finding the carrier and press the button, let your allies return yours and capture the cephalon. Its really braindead.

Cephalon Carries should not be allowed to use Absorb. Its free god mode. They should drop it when they activate it. Its just plain cheap.

It's not a free god mode. It costs energy and it has energy cost per second.

Believe or not Nyx is how the frames should be balanced, squishy frames should have slightly more advantage with abilities, range and duration has been nerfed on mind control (near melee range) and seriously who has a problem with absorb? just run away, even with the augment you can easily avoid absorb.

The only change who is a must is how mind control works on the cephalon carrier, other than that Nyx, a frame who has 50 armor, is where she should be.

I would say mind control is problematic because it offers no counterplay other than to flee. Absorb is not OP at all, just wait it out, they are animation locked when coming out of absorb. gun them down. It's the player's fault for falling prey to absorb 90% of the time. It's a harder skill to use effectively than you think.

I would say mind control is problematic because it offers no counterplay other than to flee. Absorb is not OP at all, just wait it out, they are animation locked when coming out of absorb. gun them down. It's the player's fault for falling prey to absorb 90% of the time. It's a harder skill to use effectively than you think.

This is true in TDM and CTF, but not in FFA where you have 7 opponents who are all shooting each other through out the match.  Most maps have at least a few areas where fights with 4+ people shooting each other will break out and it is very easy to drop in on one of those fights from a height and pop absorb.  If you're one of the people in the middle of said fight, unless you have zephyr, even if have time to bullet jump, you will get hit at least on the outer radius of the AOE and suffer some damage and a knockdown.  Pulling that off does not take much skill at all due to the nature of the game mode.

However, I am unfortunately lost for ideas on how this could be made 'better.' For every change there will always be those that seek the easiest, and quickest route to victory. I suppose the only thing I would like is a comprehensive lobby system so that I could host private matches with friends and clan-mates in a sure manner.

Get rid of increased damage and range over time absorb is up, give it a flat starting value that can only be increased by absorbing damage.  Add a short delay before damage can be absorbed (even .5 seconds might do the trick).  Shorten the exit animation significantly.  Maybe even add a chance to proc Chaos's effect to the AOE.

I like people that spam absorb, makes it easier for me to glaive throw their face and then shoot them from a distance... and I agree with everyone else, the only ability that's really OP is mind control in Cephalon Capture because not only does it mean you cannot kill the other team, but you drop the cephalon and cannot pick it back up, so this means that ONE nyx can completely dictate the outcome of a cephalon capture match, especially in a small map...

Honestly, a good way to balance this ability would be for the ability to still make players drop the cephalon, but allow you to damage the nyx even if it's by reduced dmg OR to not allow nyx to recover the cephalon while she's mind controlling someone, this way both sides need a team mate to either pick up or recover the cephalon which I find fair...