The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ur-Ember (Ember 'proto' Skin) Artwork Update 11_6_2015

Tekka_Croe

(I had originally posted this in the Fan Concepts subforum, but I'm crossposting here for visibility.)

While I realize that both Proto-Excal and Nyx Nemesis are direct references to Dark Sector, I'd love to see "Prototype" skins for some of the other first-gen Warframes.  Given my affinity for Ember, that's where I decided to start.

I tried to extrapolate from some of Ember's details to create a more primitive looking version of the frame.  In particular, I've always assumed that the cables on her torso were used to circulate accelerant fluid through the frame, fueling her powers.  I echoed this by using flexible tubing as a motif throughout the design.

I also gave her distinctive thigh armor a clear purpose, integrating a pair of large accelerant tanks into each side.

I chose to model the helmet after the Phoenix alternate helmet.  My understanding is that in the early design phase, the Phoenix was going to be the default helmet, so it seemed fitting to make reference to that.

--UPDATE Nov. 6, 2015--

I've done a new illustration with more refined detail.  I'm also reformatting this with spoilers for ease of browsing.

--ORIGINAL ILLUSTRATION- August 2015--

O2FTJtC.jpg

And, for the sake of vanity, here she is in my own standard color scheme:

uaeTuzJ.jpg

--NEW ARTWORK- November 2015--

I've made a few alterations to the design.  I've expanded the style of the accelerant tanks in the thigh plates to the rest of the sort of "power node" things on the biceps / triceps / upper back etc.  I'm also trying to play up Ember's athletic appearance, as she's the most visibly muscular of the female Frames.  I've also made some subtle changes to the "default" color scheme.

Default Colors

iepx5DP.jpg

All color channels set to "white"

3DqNAHY.jpg

My personal colors

FyaQBQb.jpg

Edited by Tekka_Croe

• 2 months later...

Looks very cool, and I like your style. But, if you allow me, her pose atop the runner/infested thing seems... Unnatural. Her back are too "straight". When someone has their feet unleveled, they naturally bend towards. Your ember is too straight, too stiff.

Oher than that, and the fact that she doesn't seem all too different (scratch that. She looks cool, updated), its great!

Edited by tnccs215

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...