Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Question: Dojo Room(/node) Destruction?

Captain_Seasick

Question

As the title implies, I've really just got one issue.

What DOES happen when/if you destroy a room in your dojo? Do you get a refund at all, and if so, how much? Is it instant? Or do I have to wait, like... 12h AGAIN before it's demolished?

DE didn't give us ANY info whatsoever on the more "scary" functions of the dojo building, which (as one of my clan's de facto architects) really annoys me. REALLY annoys me!

Please gimme at least something to work with here, 'kay guys?

Edited by Captain_Seasick

16 answers to this question

If you cancel the construction of a room, all resources appear to be returned to the players who contributed. I tested this earlier with some credits and Alloy Plate. I'm not sure how it works if someone who contributed has left the clan, but I expect it gives them their stuff too.

No, no, no, no! Not cancel... DESTROY! As in DEMOLISHING a room that's already been built. This issue = still unresolved!! C'MON! There's gotta be SOMEONE with some solid, inside info 'round here!

You don't really need to act so rude, do you? If someone tried it without no prior information, why can't you do that also?

Rude? Me? Nah... That's not right. More like "impatient" and "REALLY eager to get a solid answer". Damn forums always make people seem "rude" though. Hate it.

And seriously, are you nuts? And yes, now I'm switching to being kinda "rude". Do you have ANY IDEA how much a dojo room costs? We're talking hundreds of THOUSANDS of resource units here, as well as thousands of credits + a lot of RL dough. You can't just wildly "experiment" with these things like a complete nutter when the stakes are THAT high, man.

I'm interested in hearing an answer to this one myself — with only about ten people in my clan I'm looking to minimise the cost involved in making a duelling room for a bit of extra fun, without dooming the entire dojo by permanently plugging the starter nodes with rooms that do not themselves have further nodes on them (duelling room and generator).

On reflection, it'd make sense for the devs to ensure we can't hit dead ends in such a way, but it's still a scary prospect (only slightly more so than that of collecting 240'000 Nano-spores between a handful of people, for the duelling room and an intersection combined. Ouch!)

Kinda OT, but I wouldn't recommend building the dueling room at all, TheJadrimian. From what I've heard the so called "PVP" in this game has zero balance, isn't very fun at all, and (sadly) serves no purpose 'cept for reinforcing the e-peen of some of the, shall we say... "less than ingenial players". My advice to you would be going for a lab instead, which'll give you access to exclusive weapons.

Anyway. I think that's about it.

/thread