Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Meet: Tim And Erwin

DE_Adam

Tenno all over the world have stormed Tyl Regor's underwater facilities, shutting down Grineer experimentation while exploring the toxic liquid-substance that is Uranus' oceans.  Creating the underwater labs has been our most ambitious endeavor yet.  Featuring multiple layers of gameplay, new game modes and a slew of environmental effects unique to the sealab it's safe to say that the artists behind the design of these levels are pretty talented Tenno.

This Let's Meet we got a chance to talk with two of the artists who worked on our latest tileset: Layout Artist Erwin Evegaars and Level Designer Tim Fields.  Together they walk us through a little bit of what it takes for our team to bring these wildly imaginative worlds to life, complete with a few behind-the-scenes images that show their unique perspective on our tilesets.

Click here for the full interview, and let us know what you think!

-DE_Adam

I really like the way the underwater tileset turned out to be.

From those glass tubes that contains god knows what to those stairs that kinda gives it a dark grandeur vibe.

The only thing that made it hard for me are those confusing minimap indicators that gives me the run around but thats another story.

Anyhow, I find the map designs perfect as it is!

hats off to you guys the underwater tile set is very impressive

such a fun layout with lots of creepy nooks and crannys with freaky scientific project horrors set amongst that beautiful otherwordly sea backdrop combined with the natural caverns fused with grineer installations gives so much personality to the set

The map design is atrocious but the the visuals and aesthetics of the tileset is astonishing. Aside from the crappy minimap the paths in the tileset are convoluted and terribly hard to navigate. Every squad I enter on Unranus usually has one or more people who end up lost several times in one game. Hopefully when the minimap is redone along with the pathfinding code the stress will be alleviated.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like the start location with the rain, wind and lightning in the background. Even though, the rain is a little bit cheated ;D.

If you want to add some parts above the water surface, fair enough.

Edited by Arcira

• 4 weeks later...