Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Much Armor Do Warframe Shields Have?

ArkNeither

Question

I know the Armor stat doesn't affect shields, but does anyone know how much inherent armor Warframe shields have?

The reason I think they have some inherent armor value is because Warframes of differing armor values have health bars that can be both tankier or squishier than shields. Warframes with high armor like Chroma and Valkyr, their Health most likely drops slower than shields; while squishier Frames like Banshee probably won't notice the difference between having 300 health and 50 health, but their shields will last a fair amount.

To me it feels like shields inherently have 50 or 65 armor or something like that, equal to the armor of a Warframe with average Armor, like Mag or Loki.

Anyone know how much armor shields have? I can't find anything on the Wiki about it.

14 answers to this question

Shield shouldn't have any extra damage modifiers beside IPS/Elemental modifiers.

Perhaps it's more of a mental thing. Personally health always seem to drop faster because in most case it can't be regenerated. Or maybe it's because only a few enemies shoot at you initially, but by the time you reach your health, most enemies would be aware of you and they start shooting.

to my knowledge shields have 0 armor but they do have resistances as people have said. of the three physical types impact is strongest v shields (so typical grineer weaponry is effective since theyre designed to fight the shielded corpus), slash has no bonus for or against shields, and puncture is the weakest taking a negatvie to damage (so typical corpus weaponry is poor at damaging shields but thats fine since the grineer they would be used on very rarely have shields). what this usually ends up meaning (and you might have noticed this) is that during grineer missions your shields seem to always be going down but during corpus missions your shields seem to last forever. we'd be here all day if i went into more detail than that but...

tl:dr shields get 0 benefit from armor but do have resistances to certain damage types. know your missions and plan accordingly.

Edited by Caobie

Many times enemies had problems with taking my shield.  250shield per second, shield gone dead in 1 second with 190armor. WUT?! I had 660 Health!! o_O
One my video showing that:
4:15

4:15

True info: Valkyr has been shown to have~3800 effective health against most Grineer but only ~850 effective health against typical Corpus enemies

CORPUS OP!!!    x_X
WTF this is tuu much. If this could say 1900 effective health against corpus. then well ok. but 850wut?
So 1200 armor vs corpus is just nothing ,trash.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

-snip.-

True info: Valkyr has been shown to have~3800 effective health against most Grineer but only ~850 effective health against typical Corpus enemies

CORPUS OP!!!    x_X

WTF this is tuu much. If this could say 1900 effective health against corpus. then well ok. but 850wut?

So 1200 armor vs corpus is just nothing ,trash.

Let me clear something up for you at T4 anything. Enemies have a damage multiplyer of 4x and then added to the damage of their level. Which unless you have over-shields you're not surviving that shot... Some enemies like Snipers when locked on will bust through your shield your armor and obviously you might not have enough vitality because many builds don't allow to be tanky. It's part of the problem with power creep. The biggest determining factors of getting hit vs. not getting hit is obviously movement and positioning. If you kite enemies spread around corners or block with melee weapons this will be different result. Best way to deal with any of this is use powers for CC, shoot them before they shoot you and then gain a full advantage of the battlefield around you.