Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Components NEED Relevant Location!

MetaMortred

Some of the locations where the ingredients are located is completely absurd. example?

Alloy Plate in Venus! it says its a Grineer component, and yet it drops only from corpus? proposterous!!

Plastids in Saturn and Uranus, it drops from Grineer but its an infested material?

and so and and so fort. I suggest a complete overhaul. After you know who goes where, decide to link the right component to the right faction.

They do not drop only from one faction, they drop on all factions on that planet. Its not that odd that other factions have alloy plates or plastids either, use your imagination. But they could always make the drop component system better.

Edited by Kilikaji

They do not drop only from one faction, they drop on all factions on that planet. Its not that odd that other factions have alloy plates or plastids either, use your imagination. But they could always make the drop component system better.

I know, but I just wanna give sense to it. There isnt a single grineer on Venus. You can come up with the excuse and say that corpus are traders and they trade the stuff, but why? why go to such length when it can easily be fixed. You say its from grineer, then let it drop from grineer. I know its a sci fi games, but that doesnt mean logic and order should go out the window with it. right? right? right?

I know, but I just wanna give sense to it. There isnt a single grineer on Venus. You can come up with the excuse and say that corpus are traders and they trade the stuff, but why? why go to such length when it can easily be fixed. You say its from grineer, then let it drop from grineer. I know its a sci fi games, but that doesnt mean logic and order should go out the window with it. right? right? right?

You are absolutely right. I agree 110%!

But maybe that's because i was thinking the same thing. >_>

Also i think that the devs allready had this in mind, but just didn't get to it yet, it's not as important as, say: balancing the frames and weapons.

Edited by Malkav

You are absolutely right. I agree 110%!

But maybe that's because i was thinking the same thing. >_>

Also i think that the devs allready had this in mind, but just didn't get to it yet, it's not as important as, say: balancing the frames and weapons.

If they just confirm that they will in an eventual time get to this point then I will be relieved.

I never thought about this... you're right, they should be a bit more sensible.

Why?

Maybe you could get any parts from anywhere, eh?

Then you don't need to know the exact locations and would make farming more interesting when you're not limited to only some of the missions in the game.

Why?

Maybe you could get any parts from anywhere, eh?

Then you don't need to know the exact locations and would make farming more interesting when you're not limited to only some of the missions in the game.

Its terrible - same as NEverus said, farming a specific item would be impossible.

That depends entirely on drop rates.

Assume that everything has a droprate of ,33.

Now do the math, it can either drop Alloy Plates, Rubedo, Morphics, Gallium, Scavage, Ferrite, Curcuits, Nano Spores, Plasticides, or Polymer Bundle.

So it's 0,33/10 chance to get that exact item, ,033 chance. This ONCE. Assume that you kill 150 enemies, and scavage about 20 boxes a round.

That would mean that 5,61 of the enemies would have a chance to drop that item. THIS IS TRUE ONLY IF THE DIVISION OF ITEMS ARE PERFECT, REMEMBER. So either so could you go on, killing 1000 enemies, and get a bummer, not getting that item you would want to have, even if you try really hard. You should get about 33 stacks. But what if you get 100 stacks of something else? That ruins the balance, making your income less than 3.3%

Then again, you could get 100 stacks of what you needed. But it would still be too random to be able to farm items anyhow. The system would be idiotic, that is where I'm getting at.

Edited by Labcat

Assume that everything has a droprate of ,33.

Now do the math, it can either drop Alloy Plates, Rubedo, Morphics, Gallium, Scavage, Ferrite, Curcuits, Nano Spores, Plasticides, or Polymer Bundle.

So it's 0,33/10 chance to get that exact item, ,033 chance. This ONCE. Assume that you kill 150 enemies, and scavage about 20 boxes a round.

That would mean that 5,61 of the enemies would have a chance to drop that item. THIS IS TRUE ONLY IF THE DIVISION OF ITEMS ARE PERFECT, REMEMBER. So either so could you go on, killing 1000 enemies, and get a bummer, not getting that item you would want to have, even if you try really hard. You should get about 33 stacks. But what if you get 100 stacks of something else? That ruins the balance, making your income less than 3.3%

Then again, you could get 100 stacks of what you needed. But it would still be too random to be able to farm items anyhow. The system would be idiotic, that is where I'm getting at.

That's a good answer.

But what if an enemy always dropped something. And sometimes could even drop 2 different crafting items?

Brilliant answer. The current system is fine, just needs lore relativity. To stay true to the game itslef. Heck they can change the lore if they want, but you do what you preach. You say this is Grineer tech? I wanna see it fall of a grineer at least. Why would a ggrineer carry Plastids? a disgusting infested flesh? should he be infected? why is not then? and the story goes on like this for a while . . . and then . . . you just get fed up with the whole thing and suddenly you stop caring about this world that has been created for you altogether.