The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Liset Concept] Orbiter Expansion - Build Your Own Base

Morec0

"Docking Attachment - Invite a squad-worth of fellow Tenno around to secretly plan within the safety of your Orbiter, as well as upgrade your Extractors!"

Perhaps a room such as this could include an area for personal/squad meditation? An area such as this could be tranquil (I'm thinking like the New Loka room in the Relays) and could grant certain buffs for the player that meditates in it for the next mission type. Or it can be its own room, featuring different means of meditation. A rough example:

Waterfall/River/Creek - Any tenno that meditate near this will see a direct increase in maximum energy pool by 10% for the duration of the next mission.

Heated Coals - Any tenno that meditate near this shall see their health increased by 15% for the duration of the next mission.

Plum Blossom Tree - Any tenno that meditate near this tree will have their focus abilities recharge factor increased by 5% for the duration of the next mission.

Mountain Perch - Any tenno that meditate upon this mountain shall see their armor increased by 10% for the duration of the next mission. (Mountain could be similar in fashion to Teshin's mountain in the Relays)

Forest - Any tenno that meditate within this forest shall see their shield capacity increased by 15% for the duration of the next mission.

A tenno would be able to choose only one buff per mission. If they meditate a second time before launching a mission, the previous buff will be removed and the new buff applied.

"Docking Attachment - Invite a squad-worth of fellow Tenno around to secretly plan within the safety of your Orbiter, as well as upgrade your Extractors!"

Perhaps a room such as this could include an area for personal/squad meditation? An area such as this could be tranquil (I'm thinking like the New Loka room in the Relays) and could grant certain buffs for the player that meditates in it for the next mission type. Or it can be its own room, featuring different means of meditation. A rough example:

Waterfall/River/Creek - Any tenno that meditate near this will see a direct increase in maximum energy pool by 10% for the duration of the next mission.

Heated Coals - Any tenno that meditate near this shall see their health increased by 15% for the duration of the next mission.

Plum Blossom Tree - Any tenno that meditate near this tree will have their focus abilities recharge factor increased by 5% for the duration of the next mission.

Mountain Perch - Any tenno that meditate upon this mountain shall see their armor increased by 10% for the duration of the next mission. (Mountain could be similar in fashion to Teshin's mountain in the Relays)

Forest - Any tenno that meditate within this forest shall see their shield capacity increased by 15% for the duration of the next mission.

A tenno would be able to choose only one buff per mission. If they meditate a second time before launching a mission, the previous buff will be removed and the new buff applied.

Now THAT is a cool idea.

I like this idea a lot.

Oh, if we're talking about building rooms which allow for improvements to things, how about this suggestion:

[big Spoiling, Srs Bsns]

The Lotus sends you the blueprints for a Physical Therapy/Cybernetics room, helping the Operator's atrophied muscles regenerate from centuries of stasis. Build this room to make the Operator the default body while walking around inside the Orbiter and Clan Dojo.

I like this idea a lot.

Oh, if we're talking about building rooms which allow for improvements to things, how about this suggestion:

[big Spoiling, Srs Bsns]

The Lotus sends you the blueprints for a Physical Therapy/Cybernetics room, helping the Operator's atrophied muscles regenerate from centuries of stasis. Build this room to make the Operator the default body while walking around inside the Orbiter and Clan Dojo.

Or perhaps this could be a new cinematic quest.

The lotus, after placing the tenno in the Somatic Link in their liset, and after figuring out which school they belong to, sends the tenno a message regarding a way they may be able to regain the ability to use their legs, a method the grineer once used, far back when they weren't so decayed. This quest could possibly include the Steel Miridian leader, and her responses to the tenno can be determined on what their standing with her is. She'll give the tenno this blueprint to be included in their Orbiter, one that will stimulate muscle regeneration/healing.

Edited by VanguardViking

I love the whole idea and would really like it to be a thing.

I have to say though, i'd like my orbiter to have at least some people in it, if you're making a large ship it might start feeling empty and lifeless (like an empty dojo) and having crew members (like the once you rescue or who are at the relays) could be a way to make the orbiter feel a bit more alive.

However, if not for faceless crew members who all just bug the hell out of you, how about at least having a sort of "crew quarter" or a corridor with rooms that unlock once the player is introduced to a supporting event character which you can have as a companion instead of a Kubrow or Sentinel?

Personally I'd love to have Clem living in my Orbiter and having the ability to recruit him for missions....

(I know you can make specters to use but this could be a way to at least remove the special character specters and give them a bit more personality? And to make them feel more like an actual character and not a puff of shaped smoke...)

And have the characters walk around the ship interacting with different objects and the environment? You could access them in your Arsenal (like you do with kubrows or sentinels) so you don't have to search for them in the ship but at least have some movement and some sort of life in it?

I don't know, its just a thought...