Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Psa: Covert Lethality + Exalted Blade Changes

[DE]Megan

but isent limiting covert lethalitys combat effectiveness to equinox also limiting somthings playability to just a few items?

ive just tested it with equinox i can still 1 shot while things are in sleep how is that any diferent to radial blind? is there any diference?

and do you actualy think about the implications of what you put into your game? you say it was too powerfull because of the unintended uses but people figured out these "unintended uses" litteraly hours after its release it would be nice to have a good item that doesent get nerfed into the ground seconds after obtaining it so atleast release it without the exploits that 13 year olds can see even befor they have the item. i mean seasoned game developers should be able to forsee an items uses that they themselves are creating no?. 

also i agree to nerfing it working with excals ultimate being a good idea and i also agree that one would slip through the works but its stupid that it doesent work with normal finishers anymore this is the process of updates you've given people who would like to use daggers

daggers added they are not usefull

daggers buffed they are now viable and fun 

daggers nerfed so that now you can only use them on a game mode few people enjoy 

???

so whats the next move

because teh syndicate effect is OP.

not really since its only 25% of the BASE (unranked) warframe stats (which i still think for any mod that is basing off unranked is utterly nuts, but that is a topic for another thread) the only one that COULD be considered OP is the Mire syndacite affect as it gives energy when it procs which =s to staying in EB mode even longer (not that is an issue imo, it DOES get boring always throwing off energy waves lol)

Edited by xcynderx

Drop excal and new skins and bundles on PC that I'm sure sold like crazy because of the rework finally get that version to consoles then nerf him to oblivion with skanas shortly afterwards. All this after proto armor came and went to. Instead nerfing every damn thing how about adding more mods and more variety?

Drop excal and new skins and bundles on PC that I'm sure sold like crazy because of the rework finally get that version to consoles then nerf him to oblivion with skanas shortly afterwards. All this after proto armor came and went to. Instead nerfing every damn thing how about adding more mods and more variety?

+1

After what I said about the finishers I want to add something about those Prisma weapons that have been released on these last weeks: actually DE you're killing two weapons that are already uncommon and snobbed because you have to nerf what isn't really necessary. So of course people will use other weapons but they'll be forced to use all the weapons EXCEPT the Skana and the Cleavers, which if before they had a chance to get on the endgame with the syndicate mod now they'll be utterly useless without it OR they'll nerf the power of EB, leaving it with one slot wasted for a mod that can be used from the power itself. I want to add that this is kinda funny because the Warframe that should normally have "The Skana" as his main weapon, the "poster guy" of Warframe, now is being forced to use all the weapons except that and another one, how ironic.

take away the easy mode and tears start falling hahahaha. the hate i see in this thread is just unreal. EB is psychotically powerful without the syn mods. so you want to be able to proc health or energy regen and an AOE damage with the fluctus like discs that shoot out? are you guys serious? +1000 to DE. EB will still be as strong as ever and people need to learn how to mod their daggers or just dont use them. call me what ever you like. white knight? i wear my armor proudly. fan boy? this is one game i can proudly say you bet im a fan boy. but here is the thing most of you need to grow up like seriously.

I'm pretty sad about this and I hope reconsider that decision. I could agree about it if nerf was coming for PVP content, but this is a PVE game so Come ON, let me play as I like to play it. Let me to use which weapon i want. Don't nerf PVE content, focus your nerf on PVP, cause no one cares about it.

not really since its only 25% of the BASE (unranked) warframe stats (which i still think for any mod that is basing off unranked is utterly nuts, but that is a topic for another thread) the only one that COULD be considered OP is the Mire syndacite affect as it gives energy when it procs which =s to staying in EB mode even longer (not that is an issue imo, it DOES get boring always throwing off energy waves lol)

I actually use a mire based excalibur and the energy regen's not actually as impressive as you might think, for starters, unless you're constantly killing enemies you'll be losing energy just as much, also you deal a bit less damage then the syndicate melee weapons that add +100% base damage. The energy regen is nice when it gets going, but you also need to have life strike on your mire as that's your only way of getting back health and can eat through your energy reserves if you're taking heavy damage and surviving by using channeled life strikes.

Simple thing really give dagger innate ability like that remove that mod and leave skana and dual cleavers as they are... neft all the fun what next nerfing nekros cause he's makeing farming "to easy" (yes i saw someone say that)

edit: And a little reflection DE back when i started playing waframe you where listening to community and forums (to a reason of course) given the chance for ppl so speak about the some of the nerfs/buffs but now nothing like that happens..... and every time you give us a sweet candy like syndicate mod proc working with EB you then give us a bucket by nerfed everything making not worth to get. All this drama could be avoided if you for starters think how that mod or feature would affect build of warframes/weapons and please say thing like "we didnt know" or similar cause that just puts you i bad light. I hope in the future DE will start talking with community again like they did before (we got nova out of that).

Edited by Anubias

DE why can't you learn how to balance? You guys always do this stuff, release OP content then nerf it into oblivion. This is true for PvP or PvE. When the community finds a great new combo you guys react by making it unuseable.

Pilfering hydroid was doing just fine and dandy before equinox came -_-'''

After considering the use of Covert Lethality for Exalted Blade a debate ensued about the use of melee Mods that are specific to certain weapons; again, it was decided that while we intended for certain melee Mods to amplify Exalted Blade it didn't make sense for all melee Mods to apply. For example, currently the buff from Justice Blades works for Exalted Blade even though the mod is an augment for the Dual Cleavers.

Next week we intend to limit the Melee mods that work with Exalted Blade strictly to generic mods (ie: Pressure Point, Molten Impact, etc) but not weapon-specific augments. We appreciate that this will remove certain fitting strategies however we feel that those combos were not the intention of the ability and want to avoid making it so that you only want to play Excalibur with one or two specific weapons.

We hope that you will agree that this is better for Warframe balance and makes conceptual sense for how you would expect the power to work.

If the problem is weapon specific mods shouldn't work on Exalted blade, then shouldn't bright purity still work? It looks like Excalibur whips out a skana when ever i use the ability, so I don't see a problem with that mod. If its the same weapon that's being specified in the mod requirement then there's no problems, right?

Just like the other weapon specific mods, this one is only used for its bonus effect of keeping Excalibur's hp topped up. The Damage and the AOE isn't even that big of a deal. The 100% damage boost can be easily replaced by any smite mod for regular missions or spoiled strike for the void and there will be no change in damage.

As for the AOE damage, that really only affects missions that aren't endless defence or survival unless you're someone who likes to stop at wave 10. In all other missions EB 1 hits everything anyways.

As for the damage, yes it does hit very hard, but its also the only ability in the game that has the potential to use 16 mod slots and the aura slot. Were you really expecting it to be weak? For that amount of effort and dedicating 17 mods to a single ability, its damage is right where its supposed to be. 

So, I wouldn't really call what DE is doing a nerf, more like a slight change to avoid confusion with mods. If the only change they are planning to do is eliminate most syndicate mods, then great, that makes sense. I do think Bright purity should still work on the ability though since it is a skana we are using.

take away the easy mode and tears start falling hahahaha. the hate i see in this thread is just unreal. EB is psychotically powerful without the syn mods. so you want to be able to proc health or energy regen and an AOE damage with the fluctus like discs that shoot out? are you guys serious? +1000 to DE. EB will still be as strong as ever and people need to learn how to mod their daggers or just dont use them. call me what ever you like. white knight? i wear my armor proudly. fan boy? this is one game i can proudly say you bet im a fan boy. but here is the thing most of you need to grow up like seriously.

I see someone's just looking to troll. 

At least you won't have to waste your time picking up P Skana and Bright Purity

P Skana off to the trash dump you go

I already did waste my time getting a P Skana and Bright Purity. -_-

Great, what the hell am I going to do with a potatoed mire now!?

(Free energy every time it procced!)

I think nerfing EB to not include syndicate mods is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The syndicate mods themselves were not too OP.

Exactly. The P Skana/Skana Prime, Cleavers, Mire, and Jaw Sword are already kinda mediocre even with the Syndicate mods, but when used with Excal they were right up there with the other top tier melees... Now they are back to being Mastery/Credit fodder. It's a shame, The P Skana/Skana Prime goes perfect with Excal, and Bright Purity actually gave you a reason to use them. :'( Edited by (PS4)COGSPARTAN117

I agree, I played fine with EB Excal without ANY syndicate mods for the weapons, I quite literally NEVER run out of energy even WHILE channeling my attacks, because I get energy orb drops like crazy, Equilibrium is my best mod friend for my frames, so I always have energy.  His damage is still critting for 10k-30k depending on the status proc that crits and where/how it hits, so why complain?

My Dark Dagger with any frame that can get in finisher hits OR the finisher kill animation, still does a crap ton of damage, especially with ash and teleport since it leaves them open to finisher damage OR the finisher stealth kill, in which case I can drop a target even without Covert Lethality, but once you get to those enemies over lvl 60, it is really nice to see them drop in 1 hit from the stealth finish kill, and even without the stealth finish animation, the finisher damage(looks like crits but isn't, doesn't trigger berserk) is still really, REALLY high because of how my dagger is modded, and kills them in 2-4 hits anyways.  I do agree though with alot of ppl, daggers are generally less effective because there are so few, and they're all purely elemental, but that hasn't stopped me from having fun with ash or Loki :3

Great, what the hell am I going to do with a potatoed mire now!?

(Free energy every time it procced!)

I think nerfing EB to not include syndicate mods is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The syndicate mods themselves were not too OP.

Excal should be able to use all mods of long sword-dual sword-nikana

because is passive is:

Master Swordsman

Excalibur has improved proficiency in the Tenno art of the blade, receiving +10% attack speed and +10% damage when dealing melee attacks (including via Exalted Blade) while wielding the following weapons:

----------------------------------------

or DE should rethink the syndicate mods and let us use them at will on all weapons

maybe create a new mod per syndicate that give no effect beside the syndicate effect would be less usefull than the curent

augment for weapons but will be universal for a given kind of weapon

i see myself using only syndic weapons cause i love the Freakin syndicate effect

Edited by Tsoe

I love how people forgot that they're in an open beta game...

Thank you DE for all your hard work.

keep it up, the game is being more and more logical and more stable with each update you do.

I love how apologists forget the fact we're basically doing DE's quality assurance for them and we're still being charged for things like slots and all sorts of other things. It's almost like they've fully tested the monetization systems and are letting us test the game part....

all this buff/nerf cycle have no point at all ...

all this "unintended" talk have no sense at all ...

it's a god damn game ! we are expected to make this kinds of combos and whatnots and what for again ? End Game content.

my point is, we don't really have to be experts up until Jupiter, but by Neptune,Eris, Pluto, we are supposed to be good players (not to mention high level infinite missions). in early game we barely need much more than our poorly modded weapons. I know I didn't. Things got serious on mission level 30+, that's when I learned to mod.

anyways, these combos work to countermeasure the -clearly- broken enemy scale algorithm .... End Game = Bullet Sponges ? really ? you sure ? we wouldn't even need Covert Lethality-esque mods if it weren't for this issue.

the thing about "not using any particular weapon" the devs always say.... gee, really, I dare them to make a viable weapon build, or any build without certain mods, Hornet Srike, Serration, Pressure Point, the elemental mods... I mean, really, we all end up with pretty similar builds to go up against bullet sponges.

what gets me every time is: why wouldn't they "fix" the enemy scaling issue ?

Edited by .Zefir