Pc Psa: Covert Lethality + Exalted Blade Changes

Welp, there goes all the fun with Covert Lethality, as well as any reason to ever use a Dagger again as well.

More Excal nerfs. Ash goes back in the trash. Loki/Ash players get fked some more as well. Killing enemies in a game about killing enemies? Need’a nerf that. 

Whenever Steve’s not in the office it seems everything just gets nerfed left and right for literally no reason.

I will never really understand why things need to be "nerfed" in a PVE game of all things.

So this means that Covert Lethality not longer works on ANYTHING that doesn't have a stealth kill animation, moas, flying units, rollers, chargers, vip targets, etc.

Edited by Haldos
Cleaning.

This mod was the only thing that daggers had going for them. They have short range and low damage. Can I get a refund on my ceramic's dagger orokin catalyst? You guys nerfed them back into the ground.

"We hope that you will agree that this is better for Warframe balance and makes conceptual sense for how you would expect the power to work."

@DE you guys realize that no one wants to use stealth finishers because they take 3x as long? If you're going to do this please change it to a VERY quick animation. Right now the time it takes to walk up and do a stealth finisher with an Ash is basically as long as smoke bomb lasts, why would I want to use that?

Exalted blade nerf, while I'm not surprised that you didn't want syndicate mods to affect the ability it seems like you're nerfing the only reasons why someone used them to begin with? I could see you taking away the syndicate proc for balance, but removing the core mod ability too removes the usefulness of this.

Tenno,

Today Covert Lethality will be changed from ‘lethal damage if undetected’ to ‘lethal damage on stealth-finishers’. Covert Lethality is supposed to grant Lethal Damage for stealth tactics and not ground-slamming or obliterating blind enemies. We know this may come as a disappointment as many Tenno have sworn their life to the power of this Mod however the myriad of unintended uses was proving more powerful than intended.

After considering the use of Covert Lethality for Exalted Blade a debate ensued about the use of melee Mods that are specific to certain weapons; again, it was decided that while we intended for certain melee Mods to amplify Exalted Blade it didn't make sense for all melee Mods to apply. For example, currently the buff from Justice Blades works for Exalted Blade even though the mod is an augment for the Dual Cleavers.

Next week we intend to limit the Melee mods that work with Exalted Blade strictly to generic mods (ie: Pressure Point, Molten Impact, etc) but not weapon-specific augments. We appreciate that this will remove certain fitting strategies however we feel that those combos were not the intention of the ability and want to avoid making it so that you only want to play Excalibur with one or two specific weapons.

We hope that you will agree that this is better for Warframe balance and makes conceptual sense for how you would expect the power to work.

I can completely understand the covert lethality nerf, but the exalted blade nerf with augment mods? There's no reason for that nerf.

Please reconsider removing augment mods from affecting exalted blade. I like my bonus armor and health from my dual cleaves augment. Not like that breaks the game as hard as covert lethality on exalted blade.

I understand Manics shouldn't be one shot, but they were annoying if anything. Felt good while it lasted.

I don't think this really should happen, as most of the stuff was hard to pull off and was not practical enough for an exploit or anything. Might be my Bias with one shotting Manics, but still, I don't think it should be changed.

"Covert Lethality will be changed from ‘lethal damage if undetected’ to ‘lethal damage on stealth-finishers’. Covert Lethality is supposed to grant Lethal Damage for stealth tactics and not ground-slamming or obliterating blind enemies."

With this in play, I can't do anything to make my daggers Lethal to monsters I can't do finishers to, namely almost all the infested faction. This really also limits to the Moas and drones from the corpus faction, as most of them don't have stealth finishers to them. And lastly, Finishers take way too long to pull off, as will most likely blow cover for the Tenno seeing how stealth works in it's current form. This will even further push limited frame usage with Daggers/Covert Lethality... Banshee, Excal, Equinox, Loki, and Ash-And most of all,. Even so, the stealth mechanics of this game arn't too great. One detection, and mobs from 10 maps away are alerted. Again, they take way too long. Add in the fact that we have 4 players per match, even further restricts usage of this mechanic, as Banshee and loki Can't proc stealth finishers as well as Ash, Excal, and Equinox. So 3 Frames? That's my count. Also, Since Daggers already hit like a truck with Pointed Wind, levels 30-40 can be OHKO anyways. But in the higher levels, Covert Lethality barely works because of: 3 Frame Restrictions, Absurdly long animations, and it just doesn't do the job fast enough as I can easily just restart an endless mission for 1/10th the work.

Edit:Grammer+little extra

Edited by Epicagemo

Unlike Ash, there's no way to gain stealth finishers on demand with a power on that frame. In that sense I find it a little counterintuitive when it comes to pushing daggers for both stealth frames. Only one will continue to use it, while L

Ash's bladestorm doesn't get buffs from melee weapon mods, so it's useless for him too.

I can understand removing Covert Lethality.

And I can somewhat understand removing syndicate mods.

It's disappointing but let's be real here, Exalted Blade is so good you don't even need that S#&$.

Once something is blinded, it doesn't matter what it's level is, it's gonna die in a few smacks of EB.

Especially if you're using Corrosive/Fire or Viral/Fire like a good Tenno.

Still though the real victims here are the Skanas.

It seemed intentional at first to let Excal be able to explode his melee when using the Skanas, Cleavers, Mire, or Jaw Sword.

And for the first time in ages, people had an actual REASON to use the Skanas, Mire, Cleaver, and Jaw Sword on ol' Excal.

But now he's back to how he used to be. How he technically should be I suppose.

Do yourself a favor folks. Make yourself a pair of Dual Ichors. They are fast. They can be modded easily.

And Excal gets bonus damage off of them due to his passive.

Now can you guys at DE please fix hydroid, nekros, and ember.

They are in far rougher shape than any of the melee weapons.

I don't appreciate them removing the ability to use these augments for EB. Why not make it how spoiled strike works for valkyr where the bonus dmg stays while the attack speed is completely ignored. Do the same for EB with these specific mods, have it where the syndicate proc gets removed but for instance on bright purity keep the +100% dmg so it doesn't make it completely uses when it comes to these type of warframes that use melee mods.

The Covert Lethality "nerf" was obviously coming and I'm not complaining about that, but I didn't expect the syndicate mod nerf.

The thing is, the syndicate mods not counting combined with the parrying change of this major update is a serious nerf to Exalted Blade. Three major nerfs, even if one was totally understandable, are just too much together.

My recommendation: make Exalted Blade always count as channeling for parry purposes (at least for the purposes of blocking damage, you can leave reflecting it to actual channeling). It makes conceptual sense, you are are already channeling your energy to create a blade and paying for its upkeep, after all, so having some portion of channeling abilities already included in it would totally make sense. That way, we could at least get back the increased survivability part of the pre-update Exalted Blade appeal.

Because: Exalted Blade maintenance cost + channeling cost + reflecting damage cost + maybe once in a while using other abilities too + disabled energy siphon + disabled power restores = is just too much.

Using Kestrel, Mire or Dark Dagger syndicate mod effects to regularly get some energy back helped to cure the symptoms of the disease a little, but now even that is gone.

Edited by IronRoby

DE, you make lot of profits from players who invest in making these seemingly "broken" strategies to work.

You keep them ingame for too long to have players believe you did not know about.

You make nerf hammer strike even harder when you are covering the worst mistakes.

Enough with give-and-take game and 'have fun when it lasts' approach...

I definitely appreciate the straightforward and up front announcement of the changes as opposed to the change sneaking in under the patch-note writer's radar. Though I do have to wonder about the syndicate mod change. It makes sense on the surface, but what's going to happen when every excal is just using the dakra prime or dragon nikana, instead of the jaw sword, skana, dual cleavers, mire(?), dakra prime, or dragon nikana? If only more syndicate weapon mods were released instead of constant warframe mods, we could have maybe had a growing melee weapon niche to find in exalted blade.

But in the end perhaps excal's passive also shouldn't apply to exalted blade? It's shoehorning exalted quite a bit as well. For example; how many of stat-hungry players who like the jatt kittag are going to carry it on their excal when it means turning down an extra 10% damage and attack speed on the ultimate?

Then euhm...if you curbstomp him so hard...do me a favor and change his passive to apply to ALL melee weapons...because this passive limits him very hard if you want to be "as good as possible"....doesn't make much sense that he only knows how to work Swords and nothing else, anyway.

Would this mean that ash's teleport would no longer trigger that instakill? Or is his considered a stealth takedown?

No, Ash's TP does do a finisher which does the insta kill. so dont worry about that.

Idk why everyone is flipping out about this again its MENT for DAGGERS NOT exalted blade.

Also DE maybe have Covert lethality give the dagger faster finisher animations? that would be nice and just keep how it is.

Well, I think that you should change the finisher speed or completely revamp it instead of leaving them slow as hell as they are, cause no one will use daggers if they have to wait 4s of animation for killing ONE enemy every time, and I mean normally there are a TON of enemies that you have to fight against in warframe, eh.

Plus I can say that we can't do finishers to every enemy on the game, like machinery(ospreys, moa) or certain infested with many weapons, so it'll be even more unaviable on certain missions. Think carefull and do something DE before the Daggers will be left in the corner AGAIN by the majority of the players.

Covert Lethality's change makes perfect sense because yeah it turned daggers into Loki/Ash's best friend.

But for everyone screaming about how it makes Daggers useless since the 400% modifier only applies to finishers, did you forget the 100% overall damage boost?

Also, as for Exalted Blade, anyone surprised or upset really should've seen this coming.  The augment mods made those weapons OP as hell when used, since it was a free 100% damage boost (superior in every way to Spoiled Strike), and also gave you a free Syndicate radial blast.  There was NO reason to use any other weapon but those two.  It's only a nerf because you think it was intended to be this way.  Megan makes it clear this is NOT the intended purpose of Exalted Blade's functionality.

It's balance, not a nerf.

Back to my Dragon Nikana I guess.

BUT did you really had to nerf Covert Leth. ?? 

I don't think so, you behave like Warframe has some great stealth gameplay when it does not.

"Oh you you clearder this hallway out of enemies plus all small rooms connected to it hmmmm? let me spawn in some enemy it the empty rooms you cleared, out of thin air, just for giggles.

Where is Stealth 2.0?? Maybe then the new Covert Lethality would make some sense.

The CL+EB changes are fine. That wasn't fair at all.

The CL ONLY working on stealth finishers is stupid. Not every enemy even HAS an animation for a stealth finisher. How about we fix THAT first?

The no syndicate mods for EB is stupid too. Instead of taking mods from EB, why not just give us more syndicate augments like people have been asking for for ages. Or syndicate melees ALSO like people have been asking for for ages. Who cares if we're "Only playing Excal with one or two weapons" It doesn't matter if EB is active the entire time anyhow as that's the "weapon" they'll be using.

Edited by (PS4)Onyxflamegod