Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Pc Psa: Covert Lethality + Exalted Blade Changes

I've haven't used Covert+Exalted combo, but I always did use slide attack a when I use covert because the stealth animation is so long. I'm cool with everything except the long stealth animations. What about enemies like MOAs that doesn't have stealth takedowns?

Can we have a mod that increases stealth takedowns or at least give fury mod a special treatment like the fire rate mods to Bows?

Edited by BioEraser

So you make a new weapon mod that finally makes daggers viable then nerf it. Then you nerf the syndicate mods from Excalibur so we can't use them for Excalibur builds. You guys killed variety. DE revert this change please. Terrible patch

You guys never consult before making such drastic changes.

Also, for everyone being like "BUT EXCAL'S PASSIVE RESTRICTS WEAPON USEAGE"

It's a measily 10% damage/attack speed boost.  10%

A properly modded Galatine STILL hits harder.

And honestly, EB was never meant to be a "on-all-time-replace-melee" power anyway, for those *@##$ing about how it makes Prisma Cleavers/Prisma Skana useless.  If you're trying to use EB all the time then when you either run out of energy or a nullifier catches you off-guard you're in a lousy time.

Oh, I missed the last part, the one you nerf EB like ... A LOT. Thank you. Again. For making me lose time, plat, resources, and thinking I could have fun with something that is not: NEED MESA + TRIN + FROST

This. It gave the game an entire new focus and a lot of depth... you could either go with generic build, or cc team build + covert lethality. Back to the same repetitive way of playing again...

Well, thanks for another nerf. Every damn time you guys put something fun in this game, you just proceed to nerf it to the ground.

Waiting for the Trin nerfs :)

Oh, and nerf Zephyr + Tonkor.

And Mag vs Corpus.

And Dread's slash damage.

Umm salt.

There was a time.... yes i remember .... many frames became useless ...

Excalibur was one of them....

Oh..

Its going to happen again....

Thx to DE and those Users that called everything "OP" ....

It could be funny to nerv everything...exspecialy Warframes.... The called "might" of the tenno...

Yes i see ...

I will love the time to keep everything in my inventory.... like Excalibur soon....

Lets nerf everything... it could be funny, right?

So many fun.... and its going to get back in my bin....

I have an idea .... its happened in the past .... LETS NERF ALL THAT WARFRAMES .... Excalibur , Trinity, Mesa, Frost, Saryn...

...Why fun when we can nerf it all..

And Covert Lethality was an nice mod ... and now ... i see.... i waste time to get it ... around 25 runs .... for nothing

That is the biggest stupidity that could be stated today. Stelth finishers are already deathly without any other mod. I stelthkill from behind with Loki for as long as I remember. I have ran over 100+ spys just to get this mod, and now it doesn't give ANYTHING AT ALL!!!! DE, what are you smoking there? Because you have to stop.

This is a fine example of nerfing a playstyle too much. In an attempt to eliminate the meta, you've established a new one; now instead of ONLY Skana/Cleavers, it's ANYTHING BUT Skana/Cleavers.

This is exactly the issue. They said, they "want to avoid making it so that you only want to play Excalibur with one or two specific weapons."

By making specific weapon mods not work on Exalted Blade, it makes you unable use those weapons because that is a mod slot completely wasted. It actually limits your choice of melee weapon even more because while some are better than others at the moment, all of them are viable. With that change, some of them actually will not be viable.

Also, no matter what you do, there will always be weapons that are better or worse for Exalted Blade. For example, Exalted Blade has a 15% critical chance with a 2x multiplier. It might not be worth the slots to use a weapon with critical mods. It also has 10% status chance. It is definitely not worth it to use a weapon built for status chance. That same thing applies to range mods. There will always be certain weapons that are better or worse for Exalted Blade.

Covert Lethality I can understand, but the aug mods too? Just stupid. Finally power up the posterboy for warframe, give him "options" and then take them away because you say there aren't enough options. Stupid logic. In a solid game, Bright Purity is what you call a Build. People like builds because they function a specific way to fill a specific purpose. Apparently DE doesn't like Builds that are "good". Everytime the community figures out a way to make an awesome build, you guys are just gonna nerf it into the ground? Why even bother creating Aug mods anyway if you're going to make sure they're all mediocre or useless. #facepalm

I see nothing has changed in my 7 month absence. I was around when you guys nerfed shotguns into the ground, screamed at the top of my lungs that it was a bad move. I was here when you removed Arcane Helmets, again, I begged you to reconsider. But you went through with both changes, and then went back on them. You guys are inconsistent and it's getting old.

Edit: Yes I'm salty.

Edited by Sirabot

Glad to see these changes, I'm a Excalibur Mainer and I appreciate the fact that I don't stunt myself by having to pick specific weapon combinations to get the maximum effect out of my Ability. 

Time for some Jat Kittag Excalibur action. :D

Worst idea you DE have had in a long long time...

You are still trying to control the metagame while you dont really seem to care about it... In the meantime you destroy Excalibur, Peacemaker, Miasma and other poor designed mindless4spam skills are STILL THERE you know DE??? It seems you dont even play your own game anymore.

"We dont want you excal players to use only 2 weapons... But we really want you to play only with 2 Frames: Saryn and Mesa"

Seriously DE, stop nonsensing . I was proud of being one of the oldest Vets that still plays... dont make me change that, please.

Edited by Eversor

I disagree with these changes, and I don't even have the dagger mod, nor did I know that syndicate buffs could be activated while using Exalted Blade.

Making the dagger mod's effect not trigger with EB would've been enough in my opinion. If the mod's effect triggers on any finisher-type move, then I suppose that's okay, but restricting it to stealth attacks only would kill its usefulness.

A stealth attack is almost always more than enough to kill anything that moves with any weapon as it is - up to around level 40 at least. And you won't be able to get a stealth attack on anything above that, because those enemies only show up in endless missions where stealth isn't possible. :l

DE i think you need to take a step back and look at the other melee frame.
with EXALTED BLADE there where 2 weapons that where the best to use stat wise and then the rest of the melee weapons with syndicate mods following in a close second.
Valkyr on the other hand has one weapon that is worth using if you are persuading power as her ult only pays attention to very few of the weapons stats leading you to using just the scindo prime.
this is a bigger problem choice wise than that ones we have with excalibur.

U think they care?They did it to hydroid and anything that will come to their way.

My suggestion is find a nice Underpowered frame u have fun with and stay with it .

That is why i only play Valkyr , too scared to use anything else and she is very stable frame

Perfect example of what I was just saying. People are getting scared to use anything that could be considered a good build or "OP" because you nerf it all. Not not just decrease it's effectiveness, you completely destroy it as an option. lol

Edited by Sirabot

So glad syndicate mods won't apply anymore. Toxic Blight was insanely good for Exalted Blade; free Viral procs/another 25 seconds of your ultimate everytime you got 2k affinity (which in survival was constantly). 

Seems people are salty because soon Excalibur won't be able to *schwing schwing schwing* his way across a map killing everything. He'll now require *gasp* actual tactics to maximize damage.

He will still be a top three energy usage vs damage frame, people, with a hefty 85% frontal damage reduction, amazing CC, great mobility and top level killing potential.

Covert Lethality, and to an extent syndicate mods, were just broken with him. It made any other weapon for him sub-par (who can turn down damage/+health/+energy/+armor/+whatever).

When CL came out, I could blind and one hit level 100 Corrupted heavies WITH A WAVE; less than 40 energy spent, take no damage, overall time to kill roughly 5 seconds from Blind cast to an entire row of enemies dead. If you don't think that's overpowered as a Mesa triple wielding Soma Primes, you need a reality check.

Speaking of Excalibur balances, can we please get the waves toned down? Either make them uber powerful but combo only, or halve the range and 75% of original damage. As is, being a Fluctus is all people play Excalibur for now, and as an 2.2k Steam hours player with most usage on Excalibur since i think U8/9, that's just sad.

Reasonable people understand that CL shouldn't work on EB, but limiting CL so harshly just turns it into another garbage mod.  It was used for other purposes besides Excals 4.

Edited by Haldos
Cleaning.

The main issue with this Covert Lethality change is that proper stealth play is only viable against 2/4 factions using 4/24 Warframes in 2/15 mission types. Playing stealthily is already more effort than it's worth, and very very few people will be able to take advantage of CL now that it only applies to stealth finishers.

Factions: Grineer, Corpus (mostly)

Frames: Ash, Loki, Equinox, Banshee (ish)

Missions: Spy, Exterminate

Stealth is impossible against Infested and Corrupted. Other frames can do stealth runs but without invisibility you're nearly guaranteed to be detected unless you waste time for the sake of being stealthy. You can technically do stealth in Rescue/Capture/Assassination/Deception/Sabotage but running straight for the objective is always a superior strategy.

A fair QoL change would be to have Covert Lethality increase the animation speed of finishers. If the mod is kept the same then Stealth 2.0 definitely needs to be released before people can really take advantage of it. Stealth finishers already OHKO most enemies, so the bigger concerns are animation speed and being in a position to execute the finisher in the first place. This mod solves neither and only serves to turn a very niche instakill into a very niche instaoverkill.

This nerf doesn't solve anything.

I play Excal to use EB not to use regular melee weapon.

So, even with this change, why would I ever want to break out my skana?

EB + max efficiency > melee

Edited by Haldos
Cleaning.

As many people said it before, couldn't you just make it so that EB doesn't benefit from cover lethality and leave the mod alone?

Now there's no reason to take a dagger to any mission over a dragon nikana or some such, since afaik you can't stealth finish in an endless mission and in other missions many other melee weapons would insta-kill with stealth finish anyway, while saving the mod slot. Besides, many units can't be stealth-finished (moas, ospreys, etc.).

Nerfing an entire weapon class because of a simple exploit, makes me think you at DE didn't really think this through.