Pc Psa: Covert Lethality + Exalted Blade Changes

Cant understand why everything "OP" is fun for the people, i stay away from that stuff, since it makes the gameplay really boring if all you do is using the same stuff all the time.

Also, most of the stuff is not intended to be used like this DE just cant test everything like thousands of players can and when they fix what actually wasnt supposed to be like that anyways, everyone goes nuts

Oh I forgot a point :

If Exalted Blade is overpowered it is not due to the syndicate effect. If EB needs a ballance ballance it and dont remove an effect that gives health every now and then from a melee warframe while his non melee ranged shooting team mates get it. It just doesnt make sense.

Edit : After all Excalibur is probably the only warframe that has a use at all for the melee syndicate effect since any other frame almost never switches to melee but only uses its quick attack and will never benefit from the syndicate effect.

Edited by Haldos
Cleaning.

okay bugreport on Covert lethality:

instakill does not triggers on moas when crouching

instakill does not triggers on flying ospreys reliably

instakill does not work on oxium ospreys

however the changes to covert lethality are very welcome, 

And I asked myself till now why nobody thought it was strange that neither the Redeemer nor Hysteria got Syndiecate procs - the powercreep is strong in the Warframe playerbase...

Hysteria is a totally difrent skill that is very akward to use and limits pretty much eveything.

If hysteria had procs would by no means be op . However all u guys think that every Valkyr

player uses Hysteria exclusivly because it is "op" because u take no damage.Here is the

truth : Hysteria handicaps the player MORE when u are using it than not using it . Hysteria

is just used to revive ppl . Warcry on the other hand is far FAR better than hysteria and

usefull and in my opinion it surpasses it if used corectly and with proper modding of the

meelee weapons of course

Edited by AMDMAD

My only regret will be Bright Purity.

Which should be 100% a okay to use with Exalted blade. Since Excalibur prime uses and Etheral Skana Prime and Bright Purity works on the Normal, Prisma, and Prime Skana 100%.

Meh, if not, Ill just use dragon Nikana all the time on Excalibling.

Welp, there goes all the fun with Covert Lethality, as well as any reason to ever use a Dagger again as well.
More Excal nerfs. Ash goes back in the trash. Loki/Ash players get fked some more as well. Killing enemies in a game about killing enemies? Need’a nerf that. 
Whenever Steve’s not in the office it seems everything just gets nerfed left and right for literally no reason.
I will never really understand why things need to be "nerfed" in a PVE game of all things.

Haha, 'Ash is trash, Loki is useless again' XD Thanks for the laugh mate. If you really thought Ash and Loki were subpar before this Covert Lethality mod existed, then I don't know what to say. We were fine without it, and now that it's not even completely useless like everyone is claiming, we are still fine.

Apparently "I'm not allowed to use that image extension on this community" for PNG images, so I'll just link to my image instead.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0dmpDjPlEWMSFV3ai1CMk82SGs

Seriously, you just made augment mods work on Exalted Blade a month or so ago. Now you're taking it away? That's some BS right there.

Edit: Oh hey, we're at 15 pages of people yelling at you not to remove Syndicate effects from Exalted Blade. I wonder if you'll ignore us all like you did for the Pilfering Swarm nerf? (Spoilers - they absolutely will.)

It's not the PNG image extension, it's the hyperlink. You can only put a hyperlink ending with an image extension in the IMG tags.

For example : [img ] https:// imgur. img.png [ /img]

Edited by Sci_Ant

Could you have at least made it so that covert lethality speeds up finisher animations after this change?

I might as well not even use daggers for stealth missions after this. I finally found something that didn't waste a whole four seconds of cloak time and then it gets nerfed within the month.

Flame my man, the weapon you use on Excal has nothing to do with the Exalted Blade stats. Only the mods you use on that weapon are transferred to Exalted Blade which has it's own set of stats which are boosted by those mods.

Yeah but why not bring along a strong weapon for outside of EB as well? There's no reason to use a same spec prisma skana when the dakra does it better. 

This change basically means don't use augment weapons outside aesthetic for excal. 

People now are just going to switch from Prisma Skana and Dual Cleavers back to Dakra Prime, Scindo Prime, Dragon Nikana etc. Unless you do something about 90% of melee weapons sucking you achieved nothing with this change since your intention apparently was letting players use other melee weapons instead of being "forced" to use the ones with augments for EB.

If syndicate mods no longer works for EB, is there any reason to use anything other dakra prime for Excalibur's weapon?

Pretty sure EB doesnt get the Crimson Dervish damage bonus, so you can use whatever you want... as long as its not a Skana, a thrown melee or the Prisma/Dual Cleavers.

Yeah but why not bring along a strong weapon for outside of EB as well? There's no reason to use a same spec prisma skana when the dakra does it better. 

This change basically means don't use augment weapons outside aesthetic for excal. 

So Dakra P is the only strong weapon for you? What? There are tons to choose from. I'll stick with my Tipedo since it's the most reliable for me. Someone else will use the Scindo P, Dual Ichors, Orthos Prime etc. You can even still choose the syndicate weapons if you really want to kill with them and use Radial Blind along with it.

Don't see the argument here.

I'm a bit confused. With covert lethality, it only works on stealth finishers yes? But with no synergy with abilities such as radial blind?

So, if excal used blind and did a stealth finisher on an enemy, covert lethality wouldn't work (exalted blade or not)? - since it's stated it's not meant for blinded enemies.

But, doing a normal stealth attack, without blind, would work just as normal since you didn't use an ability? Does it work/not work for other abilities such as ash's teleport that stun enemies first?

So Dakra P is the only strong weapon for you? What? There are tons to choose from. I'll stick with my Tipedo since it's the most reliable for me. Someone else will use the Scindo P, Dual Ichors, Orthos Prime etc. You can even still choose the syndicate weapons if you really want to kill with them and use Radial Blind along with it.

That is the argument though. Now everyone is just going to use the rest of the top tier weapons as alternatives, and be trapped to that ring. This change literally does nothing but reduce options for Excal, because now instead of having the end-game viable weapons you listed plus those with syndicate augs, now they just have the end-game viable field without augs. 

The rest are just a choice if you are willing to sacrifice functionality. 

Edited by Cubewano

That is the argument though. Now everyone is just going to use the rest of the top tier weapons as alternatives, and be trapped to that ring. This change literally does nothing but reduce options for Excal, because now instead of having the end-game viable weapons you listed plus those with syndicate augs, now they just have the end-game viable field without augs. 

you are not, and never were trapped to top tier weapons, because you do not need top tier gear to complete 99% of this game.

^ This. They finally make daggers viable, then decide no.....no you cant have nice things.  Here's a giant axe, it swings 4x faster than your puny knife.......

Hell if you're going to only use Exalted Blade, why even bother about which Melee you're taking with you. Might as well take the Sheev, it won't matter since only the mods on it do.

And everyone is now totally free to choose from whatever type or tier of weapon they want. If you're going for an Exalted Blade build it doesn't matter what you choose as long as the mods are correct and if you're going for a Radial Blind build even weak melee weapons will still get boosted by the stealth multipliers and / or melee finishers.

I only stated whatever came off the top of my mind, I don't speak for the millions who play this game and may have different weapon choices.

Still don't see the argument.

Edited by Sci_Ant

"avoid making it so that you only want to play Excalibur with one or two specific weapons."

You gave excal

Master Swordsman

Excalibur has improved proficiency in the Tenno art of the blade, receiving +10% attack speed and +10% damage when dealing melee attacks (including via Exalted Blade) while wielding the following weapons:

so you have ALREADY limited the weapons excal will want to use, as his BASE PASSIVE...

So nerfing syndicate augments for this reason, makes no sense, have have a limitation built into the frame.

you can use, 5-7 different syndicate augments?

Edited by Tatersail

dosn't matter to me, i threw excalibro back into the closet after i couldn't block damage from the front anymore. for one, i am using energy in the ability, but i also have to channel and waste massive amounts of energy just to have the same effect? The only use i see for excalibur is stunning enemies with a max range build, but that is so inconsistent now you are better off using mirage since she can blind enemies through walls, and you guys seem insistent on never nerfing that even though by your own logic she should be nerfed too since "light can't go through walls"

Those don't get the bonus from Excal's passive, do they?

I need a good weapon to clear wave 60 defense or 60+ minutes.

Not everybody does, and there are ways to get any melee or gun to do the same thing with Warframe powers. Nova, Banshee and Chroma for example. Oh and you better take 4 Corrosive Projections too. :P

Edited by Sci_Ant