The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So What Exactly Was The Point Of The Syndicates?

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

Every time something nice comes out of them it is nerfed into the ground.

Tower keys - nerfed

Nice little arm laser - nerfed

Greedy pull finally comes along and give Mag some much needed team utility - nerfed

Hydroid has a nice mod that helps farming - nerfed

Melee weapon mods grant Excal's Ult some nice effects and get people to use underpowered and under represented weapons - nerfed

It seems like I am just wasting my time grinding rep in them for no reason and wasting some hard to come by prime parts for absolutely no reason.  Hell, the annoying hit squads, that don't even drop anything worth having, are making them more of a hassle than a help.

I am sure someone is going to point out some augment mod that they still find useful, but I have ZERO doubt in my mind that if it becomes popular then it to will be nerfed into the ground.

Seriously DE, you have made the entire system pointless and killed any faith I have in the system.  Why would I grind or trade plat for a mod that is most likely going to be nerfed as soon as it becomes popular? Seriously, stop equating "popular" with "needs nerfed."

Nice little arm laser - nerfed

About that: 

DPS for the Synoid Gammacor is still the same, but just with less ammo efficiency. Just slap on an Ammo Mutation mod if you really run out of ammo at a frequent rate while using it, or plan to use it for extended periods of time. 

I guess you could say the point of the syndicates was to break the game as hard as possible, based on your examples.

Seriously, stop equating "popular" with "needs nerfed."

Many, perhaps not most, but many things are only popular because they're either OP or broken.

About that: 

DPS for the Synoid Gammacor is still the same, but just with less ammo efficiency. Just slap on an Ammo Mutation mod if you really run out of ammo at a frequent rate while using it, or plan to use it for extended periods of time. 

And?

Exalted Blade working with a dagger augment mod meant for STEALTH should never have been a thing.

I am not complaining about the Dagger Augment. I am complaining about things like Bright Purity not working:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Bright_Purity

And?

That is not really much of a decrease in effectiveness. Compared to the previous version, it is, but on the whole, it is not that drastic. At least, I do not see it as such. 

Now, leaving that aside for a quick moment to introduce this question, have you seen how game-breaking that Synoid Gammacor was before the change?

Hmm, Chilling Globe is pretty good. Eternal War is great. Shocking Speed is a personal favorite of mine. I love the Rakta Balistica. Despoil is a thing too. Oh and what about Jet Stream? Irradiated Disarm... I have more if you would like me to continue. 

where exactly does he say anything about Covert Lethality or Exalted Blade?

Where exactly does he say anything about anything else?

I also didn't say he said it, so.

Seriously, stop equating "popular" with "needs nerfed."

This bit is also silly.

This isn't how it works in the slightest.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

wait, when you said "Melee weapons mods grant Excals Ult some nice effects and get people to use underpowered and under represented weapons. Nerfed"

You mean mods like Bright Purity no longer works on Excal? You mind expanding on that? But other than that I think we need some more rewards for syndicates. Yes augments are nice but useless if they are just gonna nerf them. Maybe if they threw in syndicate primaries weapons for max standing? which I believe stands at 132,000 standing.

Hmm, Chilling Globe is pretty good. Eternal War is great. Shocking Speed is a personal favorite of mine. I love the Rakta Balistica. Despoil is a thing too. Oh and what about Jet Stream? Irradiated Disarm... I have more if you would like me to continue. 

See:

I am sure someone is going to point out some augment mod that they still find useful, but I have ZERO doubt in my mind that if it becomes popular then it to will be nerfed into the ground.

You should probably read the OP before replying and making yourself look foolish.

You mean mods like Bright Purity no longer works on Excal? You mind expanding on that?

Here:

Next week we intend to limit the Melee mods that work with Exalted Blade strictly to generic mods (ie: Pressure Point, Molten Impact, etc) but not weapon-specific augments. We appreciate that this will remove certain fitting strategies however we feel that those combos were not the intention of the ability and want to avoid making it so that you only want to play Excalibur with one or two specific weapons.

Where exactly does he say anything about anything else?

He was talking about Augment Mods, hes talking about how syndicate rewards are constantly changed when they reach a certain level of popularity. He says Nothing about Covert Lethality

About that: 

Ammo mutation isn't enough to keep up with synoid's ammo consumption. Primed ammo mutation might be, but honestly, 528 rare5 cores and 2 million credits is too much to ask for your gun to be usable beyond five waves of a pluto defense mission.

Synoid's DPS wasn't nerfed, but its usability was nerfed into the ground. I now don't see synoid at all in missions I do in spite of its DPS.

Honestly, if DE really wanted to nerf its usability, they could've at least started with reduced range and then upped the ROF from there instead of making it less ammo efficient than the twin vipers.

You mean mods like Bright Purity no longer works on Excal?

Next patch, exalted blade will no longer benefit from bright purity or the other syndicate mods.

He was talking about Augment Mods, hes talking about how syndicate rewards are constantly changed when they reach a certain level of popularity. He says Nothing about Covert Lethality

Now, to be fair towards Adun, the original poster did say this: 

Melee weapon mods grant Excal's Ult some nice effects and get people to use underpowered and under represented weapons - nerfed

I suppose the confusion came from the underlined, as Adun might have forgotten that this thread is dealing with Syndicates as shown on the title. 

I know, right? OP lists a handful of ridiculously over powered things like they're the only things worth getting and that everything else is utterly useless trash.

They destroyed the point of syndicates, but not by nerfing things that were obviously broken.

Syndicates were intended to be a background system that progressed while you did other things. It was nice rewards that you worked towards while getting other things. It progressed slowly.

Since people like to obsess over the latest content, they whined about it being a grindfest. Since it was a background system, this was a silly way of looking at it. DE gave in to the pressure and buffed gains massively. Exploits (AKA Viver, Draco, etc) forced them to add a cap so players couldn't do the whole thing in a day. They then buffed dalies (which were intended to be the only active part of syndicates), so that people could get more rep by playing missions that can't be exploited. This actually makes it MORE grindy than the original system.

It went from an interesting passive system with months of slow content to an active grindfest that is over within a couple weeks.

The issue at hand is the same reoccurring issue: DE does not design new content to be focused on. They design it for the long term. Vay Hek at implementation? Not a grind if you played on Ceres at all. Mutalist Alad? No problem if you just pick up the coordinates when convenient.

They aren't creating grindwalls. Players just approach them as such.

Edited by egregiousRac

Since it doesn't want to let me quote you I will just say it like this.

Every mod I named, aside from shocking speed, is fairly popular among the users of the frames they go on and the Rakta Ballistica is an insane upgrade from its normal counterpart. So yes what I said still stands since they have not been nerfed yet.

I know, right? OP lists a handful of ridiculously over powered things like they're the only things worth getting and that everything else is utterly useless trash.

You clearly did not read the OP.

Since it doesn't want to let me quote you I will just say it like this.

Every mod I named, aside from shocking speed, is fairly popular among the users of the frames they go on and the Rakta Ballistica is an insane upgrade from its normal counterpart. So yes what I said still stands since they have not been nerfed yet.

Eternal War is literally the only one of those I have even seen used, and Valk isn't that popular. I am not talking about one or two players you know liking the item. I am talking about them becoming seriously popular.

DE can check the statistics of what people are using. One of their justifications for nerfing greedy pull was that it was the most used skill on places like Draco. Their reason for nerfing the augments mods working with EB, it makes those weapons too popular.  Nevermind that these weapons are never bothered with otherwise, or the hypocrisy of Excal's passive doing the exact same thing.

wait, when you said "Melee weapons mods grant Excals Ult some nice effects and get people to use underpowered and under represented weapons. Nerfed"

You mean mods like Bright Purity no longer works on Excal? You mind expanding on that? But other than that I think we need some more rewards for syndicates. Yes augments are nice but useless if they are just gonna nerf them. Maybe if they threw in syndicate primaries weapons for max standing? which I believe stands at 132,000 standing.

DesecratedFrame, instead of quoting just the part that pushes your interest, its probably best if he sees the entire quote... right?

----------------- x -----------------

"[DE]Megan, on 14 Aug 2015 - 8:00 PM, said:

Tenno,

Today Covert Lethality will be changed from ‘lethal damage if undetected’ to ‘lethal damage on stealth-finishers’. Covert Lethality is supposed to grant Lethal Damage for stealth tactics and not ground-slamming or obliterating blind enemies. We know this may come as a disappointment as many Tenno have sworn their life to the power of this Mod however the myriad of unintended uses was proving more powerful than intended.
After considering the use of Covert Lethality for Exalted Blade a debate ensued about the use of melee Mods that are specific to certain weapons; again, it was decided that while we intended for certain melee Mods to amplify Exalted Blade it didn't make sense for all melee Mods to apply. For example, currently the buff from Justice Blades works for Exalted Blade even though the mod is an augment for the Dual Cleavers.

Next week we intend to limit the Melee mods that work with Exalted Blade strictly to generic mods (ie: Pressure Point, Molten Impact, etc) but not weapon-specific augments. We appreciate that this will remove certain fitting strategies however we feel that those combos were not the intention of the ability and want to avoid making it so that you only want to play Excalibur with one or two specific weapons.

We hope that you will agree that this is better for Warframe balance and makes conceptual sense for how you would expect the power to work."

----------------- x -----------------

Edit: Crude quote, I know... Basically, see those syndicate mods? Scratch that for Exalted Blade. ANY of them. See Covert Lethality, as an example of a non-syndicate weapon specific mod? scratch those also.
Edited by Uhkretor

DesecratedFrame, instead of quoting just the part that pushes your interest, its probably best if he sees the entire quote... right?

-snip-

Crude quote, but you get the picture.

Protip: click on the little arrow in the quote in my post and it will take you to her full post/thread. I only quoted the relevant part of the post to avoid an irrelevant wall-of-text.

Also: Covert Lethality is NOT a syndicate mod and irrelevant to my thread.  

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

Protip: click on the little arrow in the quote in my post and it will take you to her full post/thread. I only quoted the relevant part of the post to avoid an irrelevant wall-of-text.

Also: Covert Lethality is NOT a syndicate mod and irrelevant to my thread.  

Primed Tip: I have the forum thread open on a separate tab. I can get my ! over to that topic with a single click at anytime I want.

Primed Also, because I can: The quote I made was for him to read her whole post since it contains as to -why- that adjustment is being made. I didn't post the link to the topic here and chose to quote her whole post for him for a single reason... Because I could.

Primed PS, also because I can: Covert Lethality is not a syndicate mod and irrelevant to your thread, but it will be relevant for him to know about it to avoid getting caught with his pants down... or her skirt flipped. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like to be in such a situation, if you were him.

Edited by Uhkretor

It works like this: De releases stuff, not entirely sure whether it will be balanced, too good, or not good enough. 

Thing turns out to be fairly balanced: It stays 

Thing is really broken or becomes a part of some broken combo: Nerf

Item sucks: Maybe someday it will be buffed, don't count on it. 

This is because there is almost no way to know if anything will be balanced, until us, the community, has tested it into the ground. 

I know it sounds cliche at this point but it is still beta and we are still beta testers so we should expect a lot of changes. We are testing for them, and when we find something unbalanced they balance it. Why do people act like it's some cackling conspiracy to make us hate our lives?