Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Is Broken

BloodForTheBloodGods

Yes, this sounds good, it's also very similar to maim in the sense it's the opposite. I like it.

No? That's very similar to how it currently works... except you don't have to recast. It'd be much better, and more encouraging to switch often between forms by having it just change from Mend to Maim affect, ie Puncture stun to slash stun, while maintaining the damage pool. Even if they made it so if, for example you had maim active while casting metamorphosis, it'd cost 10(meta)+50(maim) energy and leaving it active, I think that'd be preferred.

Swapping forms should just release the stored damage. If you swap to mend from main, you get the heal. This way you can run maim, but if you need healing, you can just swap forms for the healing burst. This will provide some synergy for choosing both forms. The reverse would work well too. You run mend, but if you need the burst of damage, swap forms to day.

Yeah, I like these ideas. So if you've got Maim building energy, you can hit Metamorphosis and turn into Night, which releases the stored energy as Mend's heal. Vice versa for the other direction.

I just worry that this'd be overpowered. That you'd have a deep pool of energy and can choose for it to be a heal or a harming attack on the fly rather than something you prepare for tactically. I'd suggest that releasing the energy in this way is less effective. You can swap from Day to Night and get a quick heal, but it's only 50% as effective as it would have been if that energy was built in Night form, and also the energy is only spent when you've completed your transformation.

Part of me also thinks granting yourself/allies "Overhealth" would be a good idea, and not too dissimilar to Iron Skin. Give it a cap of 2000 HP or so and let allies be immune to CC while they have it. If it took 10% of the energy you stored, to get it to that max you'd need to collect over 20000 per person. Not a quick process.

@Varzy "I just worry that this'd be overpowered." It would not be. The ult requires you to kill many foes before you can  build up anough power to get a decent effect. That's enough "tactical preparation" imo, just compare it to most warframe abilities in the game who are instant cast.

• 1 month later...

Another potential idea: All healing stored by Mend is applied instantly where it's needed, distributed evenly if need be. This would essentially create a "squad health bar" that can be increased by dealing damage - as long as you deal damage faster than the enemy does, you all get to stay alive.

The result of this would be a genuine alternative to Blessing.

Equinox forms do not trade over between Night and Day. This severely limits Equinox and makes his current set of skills underpowered, because they are all very situational. And since Metamorphosis takes time to shift, this makes Equinox pretty much useless. He can never comfortably combine skills from night and day and cripples you one way or the other.

Then there is the issue with Equinox that you can only improve one or two skills that are ALREADY sub-par by themselves. Whichever way you go, you either cripple your 4 or your 1 by maxing the other. And the middle ground, dividing bonuses evenly for powers, makes Equinox too weak on every front.

Currently the best name for Equinox is 'Paradox'. He is touted as the frame of versatility, but to be effective with him, you need to put full focus on a single skill. Not even a single skill, but a single skill in a single shape actually. He has 8 tools, you only get to use 1 to full effect. Bad design all over.