The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kicked From Trade Because Of "caps" Stem The Spread Of Insanity

LeMoog

Ok, this is really beginning to bug me. Someone care to explain?

In any case, I was clearly typing the exact same thing twice (notice the colon at the end of the first line emphasizing this) with the intent to demonstrate how even a small body of text can take a massive amount of space, it also makes it frustrating to read. Lower case fonts are designed to be easily readable, with upper case characters being clear breaks in text.

Because it's DE's game and you have to follow their rules. It takes two seconds to check if your cap locks is on. If that's too much for you then I don't know what to say.

Well you could start with "sorry for not bothering to read your posts" before posting, like I said I use capslock for crouch/duck so the case is switching constantly. To stop playing to type a message or to check my text whilst I am reading from the chat box would interfer with play.

Edited by LeMoog

So avoid censorship by keeping quiet, way to limit my franchise as it upsets the irrational

I am not demanding to type in caps, I just dont want to be punished for doing so.

That the censorship is based upon insanity is the reason for my post here

It's not because of you alone. It's because there are way too many people like you who JUST HAVE TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS IN TRADE CHAT. DE FINALLY SAYS ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. IF YOU CAN NOT CONTROL YOURSELF. YOUR FREEDOM WILL BE TAKEN AWAY.

As a person who watches chats much of the time I am on, I can tell you that, yes;

-Cap spam is annoying.

-It makes it hard to read posts.

-It fills the chat, making it move faster, at times, than it needs to.

-It blends several posts together. There is no variance in the text, and so you are staring at a block. Your eyes need an anchor to lock onto, which is the one or two capitalized words. Making everything the anchor is as bad as not having an anchor.

Forcing lowercase input does not give the necessary fix, but neither is the fix due to someone's mental state.

Well you could start with "sorry for not bothering to read your posts" before posting, like I said I use capslock for crouch/duck so the case is switching constantly. To stop playing to type a message or to check my text whilst I am reading from the chat box would interfer with play.

But if you're talking about the trade tab, you can only access that from your ship or dojo, thus you are not technically fighting anything and have time to press the button again.

What is the deal with this? If DE dont want people using capital letters in chat why don't they spend 5 minutes adding lowercase() function to the text input.

Personally I find this obsessive aversion to caps and the suggestion caps=shouting as being on a par with Synesthesia.

Seriously those without a mental condition are not offended by upper/lowercase but clearly someone with power to censor the chat in WF threads does.

I use capslock for crouch ingame simply because my hands are man sized, this means my text changes case randomly depending upon when I start typing.

Being censored and kicked from chat because some mentalcases seeing big letters as threatening is punishing normal people for not being insane.

For anybody who feels uncomfortable with caps then can I suggest this may indicate an underlying mental problem that if not dealt with may impact on your social life, seek medical advice now and maybe you won't spend your life wondering why you don't fit in.

I use caps in trade all the time: WTB LOKI SYSTEMS PMME PLEASE.

Ive never had any problems doing this. Are you saying its not ok now?

As a person who watches chats much of the time I am on, I can tell you that, yes;

-Cap spam is annoying.

-It makes it hard to read posts.

-It fills the chat, making it move faster, at times, than it needs to.

-It blends several posts together. There is no variance in the text, and so you are staring at a block. Your eyes need an anchor to lock onto, which is the one or two capitalized words. Making everything the anchor is as bad as not having an anchor.

Forcing lowercase input does not give the necessary fix, but neither is the fix due to someone's mental state.

I understand everything you have posted but I personally do not have a problem with reading text irrespective of case.

My point is that rather than detected the allcaps and ban me from chat they could have instead just lowercased or just reported an input error.

This is punishing me because I do not suffer any ill effects from case, basically excluding me from chat because I do not have a problem.

Further you say you find it annoying so how long before all text chat treats case as offensive

Edited by LeMoog

All caps does not equal mental disorder, by any means, what so ever.

Now, if you still want your voice to be heard on the subject of whether or not people should be kicked for using all caps, I suggest that you do so respectively within the proper feedback subsection.