Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kamen Rider Thread

Proto-Drive

On 1/27/2018 at 6:42 PM, WindigoTP said:

Got S.H. Figuarts Wizard, Drive and Ex-Aid today.

Now I have every main Rider from W to Ex-Aid in SHF form.

VH8GLoi.jpg

And the rest of the gang I have so far:

Reveal hidden contents

WjP3BXq.jpg

qWlpS1k.jpg

NSIDBaR.jpg

Nice! I only have Drive and Ex-Aid at the moment. I really wanna get Gaim lol, but I'm broke. 

Is that the renewal W? 

Edited by Proto-Drive

Gave it a try at making Fourze

CA22F1C4093E3E96F896DFB7A0413EAB913E83BC

I wish we could color the chestplate separate from the rest. Would be nice to get rid of unnecessary orange on the shoulderpads and add more silver.

Dat chestplate is so perfect though!

On 02.02.2018 at 10:01 PM, Proto-Drive said:

Is that the renewal W? 

Yes, both W and the HardBoilder are Renewal versions

Spoiler

6fH0B6b.jpg

2fEZWmg.jpg

Wh8Mn6a.jpg

I'd also like to get the renewal Decade, but he goes for around $150!

I also want to get Zangetsu or Zangetsu Shin, but can't decide which one do I want to have more :laugh:

21 hours ago, Proto-Drive said:

Kinda tempted to get SHF Ghost since he's really cheap these days. Is he worth it? I heard his articulations are really limited due to the jacket. 

Well, it is limited a bit, but not really that much.

I'll give you a quick rundown of what I feel is getting limited.

Let's begin

Spoiler

yPm2HIS.jpg

RQUoHIu.jpg

JgD86Hv.jpg

So, since you have Drive and Ex-Aid, I have asked them to assist with comparative demonstration.

First, the head:

Spoiler

u1eHvHD.jpg

8eNUwUL.jpg

vZEHwZe.jpg

DMEW6bx.jpg

tGOXhRo.jpg

As you can see, the only major problem here is that he can't look up all that much, due to the collar, but otherwise everithing is pretty standard.

When the hood is on, the piece is attached to the head, so the head has fool freedom of movement. The only nuance here is that turning the head too much may break the unified look, but it isn't really a limitation per se, but rather a compromise between look and functionality.

When the hood is down, it forms a collar similar to the one Ex-Aid has. Side to side movement is similar to what Drive has before he bumps his chin against the tyre.

And of course you can always raise the chin to get a further turn if you really need to.

Second, arms being a bit limited due to the sleeves.

And the only limited motion there is raising the arms away from the body.

Spoiler

Sat0gKF.jpg

Isn't much different from Drive.

A quick note: since my Drive is new, shoulder pads were still a bit stiff when I took the picture. Now after I have fiddled with him some more, I can get shoulder pads a bit more out of the way, and Drive can raise his arms a bit more than what is seen here, but not drastically different.

Other than that, Ghost has as much movement in the arms as the others do.

Sleeves being separate pieces, much like the hood, may require some work to get in the right position to give more uniform look, but again, it isn't really a limitation.

I guess, since the jacket is made out of rubbery material, sleeves can come out of the box stuck to the upper arms and giving people impression that they are permanently attached and preventind the twist in the bicep. But in fact they are just sitting freely over the upper arm, and after some gentle twisting and loosening can bee easily adjusted to accomodate any movement.

I'd say, overall the jacked isn't really preventing any of the joints' movement, but rather making it harder to access those joints. It's just feels kinda awkward to operate the joint through the jacket. Not really that bad though, just unusual.

So, overall all the standart articulation is there, and functionally you get pretty much everything you may need.

So, is he worth it?

Spoiler

DFUi82e.jpg

vuINstB.jpg

zUb2m89.jpg

255gVzB.jpga0qkwTg.jpg

tumblr_o1xvtckeAR1ubta8zo2_500.jpg

Absolutely!

If you love Ghost and can afford the figure, you won't be disappointed.

P.S.

He also comes with the Gan Gun Saber, which has Saber and Gun modes. Forgot to take pictures of it, too lazy to do it now, sorry :)

P.P.S.

Also, while I'm at it, Wisard! Just because he looks awesome :)

Spoiler

8Q7AV04.jpg

And I also have a Shocker combatman :)

Spoiler

71BNGf8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, (Xbox One)PIPLUP BRO said:

Love this series, got into it a couple years back. Also a big warframe player. Glad to see we can all have somethin to relate to here

See the source image

And the most important question will be.....

Who's the Secondary Rider of Blade?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, MegumiMushi said:

So......can anyone guess what's Kamen Rider ZI-O gonna be?

I kiiiiiiiinda want to see a journey through the neo-heisei decade, sorta like Decade 2.0, but less... messy, and making more sense.