Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Introduce A Vote To Kick System

Camberwell

Ignore is ok but it doesnt help with the whole my mission complete to abondon ratio going up every time I have to do that.

I found your problem, you still care about the complete/abandon ratio. I (and most other players) stopped caring about that when we got kicked from hundreds of games due to rampant glitches, so you should probably stop caring about that statistic as well.

I found your problem, you still care about the complete/abandon ratio. I (and most other players) stopped caring about that when we got kicked from hundreds of games due to rampant glitches, so you should probably stop caring about that statistic as well.

Meh you're probably right. I'll just use the ignore system and forget about a complex blocking system.

Meh you're probably right. I'll just use the ignore system and forget about a complex blocking system.

I mean, if the ignore feature WAS a blocking system it'd be great. I'm 100% for that. Just don't hold your breath waiting for that system to come.

Op you have good intensions, i also get irratated by such ppl (regardless how many times you tell them they just continue to do their thing which is only hurting the team), however as others already stated Votekick goes hand to hand with elitism BS/ trolling, and its highest lvls. The reason i left my previous Online game was exactly this! Elistism BS boing off the rails spoured by troll kickers bigtime. The only viable way to implement votekick would be to INVITE ONLY mission types. If you were to implement it to Public missions bro... I can already see low lvl new players getting kicked as soon as they join... Pls, don't do this?

As for campers/ camper revivers this is not the proper way to handle such players (keep in mind that some of those might not really do that on purpose/ have a reason to do so). I'll give you a simple example: When i was 2 days in warframe i died in an Earth excavation mission rather easy, so i though it would be a good idea to stay dead for  awhile to see how the others are playing, and whats the best way to tackle enemies. So i stayed dead for about 15+ mins to learn and then revived. By your logic would you have kicked me after i revived and robb me of loot exp etc. simply because i wanted to learn how the game works?

But you just admitted they can already kick you by just disbanding the lobby.

How is implementing this feature any different from what's already happening?

They disbanded and re-banded the group with no sense of logic, which can lead to many other problems such as using a weapon that the host doesn't like or wanting to level a weapon but host says no... and many more I'm sure. Mastery rank and discriminating based on low rankings might become a bigger problem. But this mainly applies to playing with randoms in pugs.

The easier it becomes to kick the more people will start kicking to justify how they think the game should be played and what a player should or should not bring.

They disbanded and re-banded the group with no sense of logic, which can lead to many other problems such as using a weapon that the host doesn't like or wanting to level a weapon but host says no... and many more I'm sure. Mastery rank and discriminating based on low rankings might become a bigger problem. But this mainly applies to playing with randoms in pugs.

The easier it becomes to kick the more people will start kicking to justify how they think the game should be played and what a player should or should not bring.

People will troll/grief/screw with people, period. That's it. That's life. It WILL happen, it's NOT a justification for denying well meaning players a justified kick system.

Let me break this down, I can already kick people as host. In lobby, disband. In game, alt+f4. But all it does it inconvenience the people who aren't the ones griefing. The person who's griefing gets what they wanted, angry strangers.

Edited by fortris

Well thanks for all your replies, I must say it has opened my eyes to some issues I maybe wouldnt have thought of

I can see the elitism element creeping in

I can also see other things people have pointed out

but then this is what forums are for, throwing around ideas and suggestions and having a debate about it :)

maybe there could be a kill limit you could reach to become immune to kicking, so you are at least contributing something to the team effort

in my experience tho, limited may it be, i would say that most people or a very high percentage of people do play properly, and when ever i have come accross a twerp/idiot/griefer they have been the only 1 in the group, most of the time 3 people really do play and you get 1 being the twerp, it would just be nice to be able to at least say to your other team mates "look this guys being a knob, shall we remove him from the squad?"

and ok this can be abused too i guess, maybe there isnt an answer i dont know, but at least i managed to have a conversation about it with my fellow tenno who may or may not feel the same way

thanks alot guys

Martin

Thanks for your eloquent and well worded post on why we shouldn't implement a system to kick griefers.

This is sarcasm, if you couldn't tell.

The very first person who replied explained it pretty well.

If you are frustrated of abuses now, imagine how furious you will be when ppl  abuse the kick function to kick you all the time, just to troll and for whatever whim they may think.

The kick function works exactly as giving a hand grenade to a good person and to a bad person, both have a chance to use it well and misuse it, it's that simple.

Edited by 7grims

The very first person who replied explained it pretty well.

If you are frustrated of abuses now, imagine how furious you will be when ppl  abuse the kick function to kick you all the time, just to troll and for whatever whim they may think.

The kick function works exactly as giving a hand grenade to a good person and to a bad person, both have a chance to use it well and misuse it, it's that simple.

I've played Payday 2 since it came out, that game has had a kick feature from day one.

I get griefed in game over 10x as often as I get kicked for no reason, hell I only even remember getting kicked two times TOTAL from the years I played that game.

The argument is bad, feel bad your arguments are bad.

please man, i find it very frustrating when you get some idiot who decides to use all the life support as soon as they spawn...

also 1 guy just hid up in the ceiling while 3 of us fought our hearts out in the gorgon wraith survive or die, in the end he made 1 kill, and still got a gorgon wraith for his trouble, GGRRRRR

and the same thing again in a void survival, a guy just goes and hides somewere, then at the end he gets the Prime part we worked so hard for.

sorry if this has been suggested before, but i would love to know how DE feels about a vote to kick system in game?, or some other way to make it fairer?

thanks for reading

Martin

Hey bro

Very very simple solution

Just make sure you're the host, and if you get some clowns, abandon the match, since you're the host, this auto boots everyone, then you can remake a party from scratch and avoid the jokers

Yes, but you can still end up paired with them because of this game's nonexistent matchmaking system. 

How exactly? They can't get into your squad if you don't let them

That literally makes no sense, what you just said is an oxymoron, IF THE GAME DID HAVE MATCHMAKING, is what would stick you with them

Hey bro

Very very simple solution

Just make sure you're the host, and if you get some clowns, abandon the match, since you're the host, this auto boots everyone, then you can remake a party from scratch and avoid the jokers

once again proving not having a kick system in place is a joke, it's just a way to guarantee griefers win.

If they grief, you have to either deal or abandon.

once again proving not having a kick system in place is a joke, it's just a way to guarantee griefers win.

If they grief, you have to either deal or abandon.

How do they win? keys and what not are not consumed, the mission hasn't gone anywhere, you just make a new squad.

You're not making any sense with your inane talk of how they 'win', how do they win? They get nothing, they lose out on actually griefing you, and you just find other people to play with, that's the literal definition of you 'winning'

Edited by NocturneOfSolace

How exactly? They can't get into your squad if you don't let them

That literally makes no sense, what you just said is an oxymoron, IF THE GAME DID HAVE MATCHMAKING, is what would stick you with them

You don't understand, let me explain. YOU HAVE ZERO CHOICE as to who you play with. You might really dislike some player you just played with, but there's nothing preventing that player from joining a match you're playing at some time in the future unless you're playing on Friends Only. And before you say "Well, then play on Friends Only", not everyone's part of a clan or has friends who play Warframe.  

You don't understand, let me explain. YOU HAVE ZERO CHOICE as to who you play with. You might really dislike some player you just played with, but there's nothing preventing that player from joining a match you're playing at some time in the future unless you're playing on Friends Only. And before you say "Well, then play on Friends Only", not everyone's part of a clan or has friends who play Warframe.  

Uh, yes you do? I have all the choice in the world who plays with me, just because it's public doesn't mean I have no control, it's really easy mate, that's what RECRUITING IS FOR

The ONLY people that ever get to play with me are the ones I specifically invite from my friends list, clan list, or from recruiting, and even then rarely do I ever run into 'griefers' to the point it's an actual problem

It could be said you're being obtuse on purpose now, or worse things

Uh, yes you do? I have all the choice in the world who plays with me, just because it's public doesn't mean I have no control, it's really easy mate, that's what RECRUITING IS FOR

The ONLY people that ever get to play with me are the ones I specifically invite from my friends list, clan list, or from recruiting, and even then rarely do I ever run into 'griefers' to the point it's an actual problem

It could be said you're being obtuse on purpose now, or worse things

So you're arguing against freedom of choice because you've never had a problem? Real smooth.

So you're arguing against freedom of choice because you've never had a problem? Real smooth.

Oh boy, that makes a lot of sense, I'm against 'freedom of choice'

I literally just said YOU HAVE ALL THE FREEDOM IN THE WORLD in Warframe, you choose who you play with, no one else does, and you darn well know that, so at this point I can only conclude you are being stupid on purpose.

I really didn't want to say that, but that's the only way to say it, I cannot believe you cannot understand the simple concept that you can 100% control who plays with you in warframe at all times, you're not an idiot, I know you're not, so why do you insist on behaving like one?