The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Small Buff To Covert Lethality

Higure

It will never get buffed. They nerfed it, nerfed it hard and they will never fix it - even though part of the nerf had nothing to do with Excalibur's Exalted Blade. Its about stopping people from high level play, and that campaign insists that nothing can exist that will help you survive.

It will never get buffed. They nerfed it, nerfed it hard and they will never fix it - even though part of the nerf had nothing to do with Excalibur's Exalted Blade. Its about stopping people from high level play, and that campaign insists that nothing can exist that will help you survive.

And Dagger's shall remain useless once again....

It doesn't do that for one reason.

It's counted as a base damage mod already, just as Pressure Point and Spoiled Strike are. That's why elements scale off it. And that in itself is already a powerful buff - it blows the hell out of Spoiled Strike.

Pair it with Pointed Wind's 400% multiplier on the second (double-hitting) attack, and you have a very, very fast short range blender.

[mindless salt]

[mindless salt]

If you had actually bothered to do your research, you would know that the first change was not a buff, it was a description fix. It worked precisely the same way before and after. The nerf is a tiny bit excessive, but you do realize oneshotting level 200 enemies by deploying an easily-spammed radial stun and waving a knife in their general direction is ridiculously overpowered, yes?

It's not about "stopping people from high level play", it's about stopping the Lokis/Ashes/Excals/Mirages from cheesing eight hours in a T4 with a dagger that has literally one mod on it. Unless your idea of "useful" starts at "can solo two hours T4 with just one weapon"...

You might want to look at what it makes your raw damage total look like. And the attack speed of daggers with a stance that's basically Crimson Dervish on fast forward. Just saying.

Hey, daggers deal GOOD damage now thanks to it, my Karyst deals 840 raw corrosive damage even with life strike on, they don't need any more buffs.

Finally, someone gets it. My Ceramic Dagger deals nearly 700 per hit with Primed Reach slotted, no forma, and gold elements due to the cost of dropping in both Covert and PR.

Edited by FelisImpurrator

-snip-

I was mostly saying that daggers are useless in general then the bug that was making them insanely op.

And like always, they release a mod to patch the problem instead of actually fixing the general problem with daggers, attack speed.

And I personally think daggers should have the fastest stealth/finisher animations as well.

Daggers was meant to be fast, not slow. Just look at the sheev dagger (Vayhek backscratcher) attack speed, like what?

I was mostly saying that daggers are useless in general then the bug that was making them insanely op.

And like always, they release a mod to patch the problem instead of actually fixing the general problem with daggers, attack speed.

And I personally think daggers should have the fastest stealth/finisher animations as well.

Daggers was meant to be fast, not slow. Just look at the sheev dagger (Vayhek backscratcher) attack speed, like what?

Sheev is slow compared to other daggers. But it is faster with any either of the two stances or no stance than Obex Brutal Tide with no speed modifications.

Melee attack speed is only good for comparing against the melee weapons that use the same stance and are in the same melee weapons class. It is more of an animation speed modifier than a blanket fire-rate.

1.0 attack speed on a Hammer is not the same as a Single Dagger, Dual Dagger, Sparring, Fist, polearm, etcetera

Ceramic Dagger was fastest copter weapon pre-Parkour 2.0....on PS4 it is still better than Tipedo for Copter movement....because Single Dagger 1.0 attack speed is faster than 1.3 Stave attack speed.

Adding Fury and Berserker gives Ceramic advantage when using Arcane Avenger....without Avenger Tipedo pulled ahead with Berserker due to higher innate crit chance.

Sheev is the slowest Single Dagger but not the slowest attacking melee weapon.