The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Melee

DoritosandDewGG

I really only like to use melee weapons when I play, and every time I fight infested I always end up hovering above them making them stupidly hard to hit, chargers and the crawling torso things already have stupid hit boxes, that just makes it a nightmare. For example, when a large amount of infested attack they dog pile and I'm stood on top of them like a carpet, where they can hit me and I can't hit them. It's putting me off fighting infested and shouldn't feel like I should sacrifice my play style to do it, please fix it.

The crawlers in particular have weird hitboxes, and I do find it weird when I am standing on a whole pile of infested chargers while they are trying to shred me to pieces. The worst is when an infested ancient suddenly flys up in the air when I am trying to hit them with melee. I think these are more along the lines of bugs though.

+9999 OP

been an issue for years now

was hoping that melee v2 would fix/address it and give us melee that aimed towards the crosshairs, but nope, melee is still stuck on a purely horizontal animation track =[

srsly one of the biggest QoL issues =[

Melee range has been broken since u16.5. DE is aware, but has yet to publicly diagnose it.

Actually they diagnosed the issue, put simply our weapons aren't "fat" anymore, their thickness somehow got toned down unintentionally. Dunno if they've fixed it yet as I've yet to see it in update/hotfix notes.

EDIT: @OP, yeah the only infested I really ever have issues with are crawlers, some combos and quick melee are good for hitting them and others make it impossible. Once the above^ gets fixed though, it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Edited by Stratego89